am i the only mommy that has a toddler that is kinda underweight

edited April 2013 in First time moms
My son is almost two and I feel like he's a little underweight he's around 23 pounds a average child his age usually is around a few more pounds the doctor says he's not that much underweight but I'm still worried and he hardly eats just wants to drink all day everyday Smh ..btw my son isn't really talking wither he blabs doesn't say full sentence is that OK for his age ??

Comments

• My son is 21 months and only 25lbs. His weight fluctuates a lot.
  • My daughter is 18mths and 22lbs and my cousins daughter is 3 and 25lbs I think it just depends on the child....her daughter only wanted milk and when she cut it down to only at bed time she gained more weight and ate more food
  • 18m and 20lbs...
  • My 3 yr old is 29lbs and my 17 mo is 22ish lbs...they eat their share of food too lol but i dont worry because they are very active and have skinny parents
  • My daughter is 4, almost five and 29lbs. When she was three, someone in a restaurant even asked if she was WALKING yet! Lmao.
  • Mine is 19 lbs and weivghts and is 19 months my dr is giving me lots of shit cuz of it she's healthy its annoying
  • 22 months and 22 (mayyyybe) lbs here. She's justpetite
  • My oldest was 34 pounds when she started kindergarten at age 5. I think everyone is just different.
  • Almost 21 months and 23lbs.
  • My daughter is almost 18 months and only 22lbs and has been 22lbs since she turned 1 and my doctor hasn't said anything but im worried and will be asking about it at the next appointment. I'm more worried that she hasn't gained a pound for 6 months.
  • 18months and 22lbs with clothes on
  • My 16 months old it's 18 pounds
  • My son turned 3 in Jan and is only 27 lbs and he is already 40 in tall. He is just tall and skinny. He doesn't eat alot. I was told he just hit the tenth percentile for his weight and is finally above the "malnutrition" mark. His height he is 90 percent. My Dr doesn't say anything bc he dealt with my daughter and she was 2 and 18 lbs. Now the baby is one and is only 4 lbs from the 3 yr old. The baby actually will steal food from the 3 yr old...he is the only one of my kids who eats.
  • My 19 month old is 24lbs but he's in the 60th percentile for height so is underweight for his height. Like your son's doc, my son's doc said its nothing to worry about.
  • My 20 month old is just under 15 lbs, but she is microcephalic and her condition causes poor appetite and small stature.
  • @LilliansMom I wouldn't worry too much, 12-18 months is when they lose a lot of baby fat from learning how to walk & run & get lots more exercise. Still ask your dr though, just in case.
  • @wilsomom I'm not overly worried just thought it was odd she hasn't gained 1lb in 6 months but you are right this girl is nonstop moving running jumping spinning crazy! And she has her days where she doesn't eat hardly anything and days when she eats so much I don't know where it is going.
  • My daughter is 23 months and weights 22lbs
  • @LilliansMom That's good, I bet she's just losing her baby weight then. :)
  • my son is 18 months and weighs 19 lbs. he's only gained 3 lbs since he was 9 months. we had to. do blood work to check for celiac disease. he's fine, just following a different curve.
  • My son is 19 months and 30lbs andmy daughter is 3 and 25lbs shes a picky eater where cayden will eat anything u put in front of him lol
  • My son is 18 months and weighs 21lbs. He's perfectly fine, just like your lo is
  • Trixie is almost 18m and only weighs about 22lbs.