Elephant in the hospital

edited May 2013 in Pregnant
Youtube it. I personally think EVERY parent that is having a boy should watch it before making the decision to alter their child in a permanent way.

*this is MY personal opinion, and ISN'T up for debate*

Comments

• I didn't do it on my son and I'm not doing it to the one im currently pregnant either ..... hb git u t done since baby of course and he hates it and more when he discovered that actually kills pleasure glands he's looking to restore it
  • That's great @2girls_1boy ! My son is intact, and I could NEVER imagine doing that to him, or let alone ANY baby!! Ooo I hope restoration works for him! There's lots of men out there that have had success with it!
  • I looked into pros and cons quite a bit before my son was born and chose not to circumsize him. I've had a lot of people try to put in their 2-cents and I was starting to feel like I did something wrong. I watched a short version because my phone's slow but that video reminded me why I made that decision. Thanks for posting!
  • My sister left her son intact and I am very proud of her for making that decision :)
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for posting! Watched the whole video and was super shocked! So sad on how little we know.

• It isn't even a choice here in the UK except for medical ressons. And I know certain religions carry them out too. I just couldn't imagine putting my boys through that if it isn't necessary. I have never 'come across' a circumcised one but that is the norm here! Boys are taught to wash correctly at a young age and there are no issues!
  • Does it show them doing it? I want to watch it but don't want to get sick
  • @Kimberly4411 Yes, it shows the different methods used. It is VERY graphic. I couldn't even make it through 2 seconds of the video the guy shows in it...but it's also extremely informative, if you want to skip past the video of them doing it. I'm just really surprised by this because this man is speaking to college students, and they don't understand anything really about circumcision at all because it's the "norm" here.
  • @Kitshay that's great that you informed yourself before! A lot of people don't and just go with what they think is normal. You didn't do anything wrong :)
  • @2girls_1boy here is a page that has a lot of foreskin restoration links, and lots of support places as well if you're interested in them for your husband :)

http://www.savingsons.org/2009/10/foreskin-restoration.html
  • Thanks a lot !!! My hb its using couple artefacts lol to restore it and he says its feels way different than before ....
  • I had it done to my son, my reasons are my own and I don't think of anyone different who doesn't do it to their sons.. my son actually didn't even cry during the procedure. I work in a peds clinic where I help assist in them some Drs use different techniques. The only one I haven't seen is where they tie something around it until falls off.
  • edited September 2013
    I get why people don't do it. I get why people do it. Its their personal choice and we shouldn't judge anyone or make anyone feel bad for their choice and reasons. I have a few family members that aren't circumcised and they're okay with it and I have family members that decided to NOT circumcise their child.

I don't judge them or ask why. Just like they don't judge me or ask why.
  • There's so many nerve endings in the foreskin I would rather not put my baby through the pain. I think as long as you keep them clean there should be no problems
  • This YouTube video made me cry. :(
  • You're right @lolasbabynum1 ! So many functions, and 20,000 nerve endings.

@monkey_girl :(
  • edited September 2013
    Funny how only in America we do this-rates of circing are lowering and upwards of 80ish% in my state are intact ;)
  • @bahamamama4828 right?!?! Germany and Sweden deff had the right idea for making it illegal! Can't wait until it happens here, and more insurance companies stop paying for something that's purely cosmetic! They are lowering in my state as well since medicaid doesn't pay for it ;)
  • In the US there is that pesky freedom of religion so they aren't allowed to make it illegal. I know two men that got circed as adults my father and fil.
  • They can make it illegal, ©candy101. Several countries are proposing bills, and making it illegal, as it is not medically necessary. Ever the jewish ppl in some European countries can't follow with their "religious" practices until the child is 18 or they will be given huge fines. It WILL become illegal here.
  • @martin sorry you have to keep shutting down threads!
  • What is there to even shut down, @kimberly4411 ? No one is even arguing!