S/O has never been to a baby shower.

edited May 2013 in Baby showers
S/O has never been to a baby shower in his whole entire life. He asked me if he should be present at our baby shower. I told him I would like for him to be there because this is also his baby and he will get to experience his very first ever baby shower.

I know usually most men do not come to baby showers but in our family the men have been present at most of the baby showers and I mean trust me he will not be the only male there. I think it's fun to invite the men as well because it funny watching the men play some of the games. Such as "the Diaper Game: Men vs Women" watching the men try to change the diapers is hilarious. Knowing the men will be there we have prizes for them as well. Its the scramble game funny how men can't spell the simplest of words.

Comments

• We made our baby shower into a bbq. Hubby was there and we invited friends and family. It was a lot of fun.
  • I've never been to a baby shower that had guys, so to me that seems really strange. But if that's what you guys do and you want him there and he wants to be there, why not.
  • @Stillsurprised yeah we're not turning it into a BBQ. This is our first-ever baby so just a regular shower. It will be semi co-ed though because it will be other men there.

@Frantastic I have never been to a baby shower where there wasn't at least one man. So it normal to me and my area.
  • I've been to co-ed baby showers and women only as well. In my opinion, if your baby shower is going to be co-ed then S/O should definitely be there.
    In my case, i had a women only baby shower but i had my husband come when it was time to open the gifts, cut the cake, and take pictures with the guests. So even though he was there the entire time, he was there for half of the shower and he was able to come out on most of the pictures.
    Just reassure him that it'll be fun, im sure that's all he needs :)
  • We did the bbq cause it was summer time. That was just our thing. Once I get preggo again, the next one will probably just be a regular shower. I couldn't imagine having one without hubby there. I mean he was kind of an important part of the while baby making thing lol
  • My shower was a woman only shower but my husband wanted to be there to see all the cool things.
  • I've been to many showers some were women only some co ed I liked the experience at the co ed better it's more fun to me so that's what we did with our first even though it was throw for me and doing that again this time although my sister is throwing it but we have very close family and friends that are pretty much family so they love to be part of the shower and birthdays and everything and it's such blessing to have such caring people I would be sad if they weren't there. So obviously my hubby was there he had fun especially since he had some close buddies there I think it actually gets the fathers even more excited about a lo I the way :)
  • @perly I'm working on it.

@Stillsurprised Exactly. Its his child too and he should be there.

@1stWoodsBaby Aww.

@jules Exactly.
  • My babyshower is this weekend, it is co ed and like @stillsurprised, it is going to be a bbq.
  • I wish someone would give me a baby shower! Lol Once you have so many kids no one thinks you need one I guess. :p

My daughter & one of her friends each had the father at their showers, although there wasn't many other guys there.