diper rash help

edited May 2013 in Babies Health
my son has never had a bad rash but for some reason he's n pain he has started up again with water diarrhea poop and made him get a bad rash he screams n pain and the bath he hates now please wat have u guys done im putting destin and baby powder together then pamper I'm calling Dr. tomorrow hope I can get a walk n is there any thing they can do or say cause of he's poop and rash or they just not gonna seem its something to worry about ladies suggestions

Comments

• Keep him nappy free as much as possible. I also heard egg whites dabbed on and left to dry before you put the nappy on are supposed to help. Our products here in the UK are different to you US ladies so can't help anymore than that! I hope he is better soon x
  • I saw this on fb, maybe it'll help.
    http://goo.gl/HIkgw
    If not, I always get their bottom real clean then smother it with vaseline or bag balm. Desitin tends to irritate in my opinion if the rash is really raw. And I think your lo is allergic to egg if I remember so no egg whites.
  • I use coconut oil
  • I used breast milk. Man that Shit is seriously liquid gold. Lol. It fixes everything.
  • edited May 2013
    Stay away from baby wipes (if you havent already) because they contain alcohol and it makes it worse. Rinse butt with soap and water and pat dry after each time. I did the cornstarch bath and destin after. Works!
  • Well I use baby wipes that have cucumber in them they actually helps. But if she gets a rash I have destine powder for the tub it's miracle really helps clear it up just put it in and lo in let him play for awhile. Then make sure u dry very well or let him go without diaper for little bit of u can. Then lots powder once u do put diaper on. He will be ok.
  • edited May 2013
    its gone he's rash maybe when he poops it well b back a friend told me that whatever he's eating that could cause a rash ty u ladies @littlenat86 he's allergic to dairy really high on eggs whites what's nappy? @Wilsomom I dnt have Facebook but desitin wrked :) @sands3. coconut oil I'll look into that @natashalynn really I got plenty of that lol @monkey_girl I use simply wipes Fr huggings wonder if alcohol in it @jules I tryed just powder but he peed and he was crying so that's why I put desitin and powder and when he pees he doesn't feel it but keep that in mind the the powder desitin
  • edited May 2013
    All wipes do. They have a small percentage which causes serious burning. Just look at the ingredients. I use wipes just not when she has a rash.
  • If you have breast milk put some on and let it air dry.
  • I use butt paste. It works wonders and much faster than desitin. Leave the diaper off for a while and just use soap and water as wipes until it clears up. If it starts burning him put him in a bath with just water (like a sits bath) just to cool it off . I hope he feels better.
  • nappy is another term for diaper in UK
  • Keep the diaper off for a bit. My daughter once had a terrible bleeding diaper rash because I didn't want to wake her to change her diaper (I was a first time mom) the pediatrian just told me not to put any powder because it'll just stick to it and to just keep a lot of diaper rash cream on it.