measuring ahead.... update!

edited July 2013 in Third Trimester
So I was told today that I am measuring full term and I am only 29w+ 5d.anyone ever had this before and go into labor early?

Update!:
Went to dr today .So I asked dr if polyhdramnios (extra fluid) hurts the baby. She said no thank goodness. I start NST( non stress test) this Thursday. Hoping everything turns out good.

Comments

• Starting at 28wks i always measured 2 weeks ahead of time. I actually went overdue and ended up having a c-section because the baby never came down.
    I know that this doesn't answer your question, but that was just my experience.
  • Wow that's a lot measuring ahead. Did they send tou for an ultrasound? They did when I was measuring two weeks ahead. Also could be position of baby. I was induced tho ended w. C section.
  • Whenever i measured ahead they sent me for an ultrasound to see what was going on.Hope all is well
  • Your belly its measuring full term ? Or the baby? I know you got ultrasound today
  • @pauljrmommy @tinknbob @2girls_2boys no ultrasound today I am measuring full term based on the dr measuring just my stomach with ruler thingy.
  • Oh ok that's not correct I don't think you should worry unless the doctors are not concern .... I have measure ahead
  • You should have an ultrasound very soon. There could be excess fluid and that could signal a problem for baby. Measuring 11 ish weeks ahead is not normal. They measure your uterus with the measuring tape which is usually pretty accurate. 1-2 weeks ahead I would say is the norm for some, but not 11! Ask your doctor questions!
  • Were you tested for gestational diabetes yet? What about Pre E?
  • @2girls_2 boys @fate I had an ultrasound @28 weeks and tech found extra fluid around baby so that is why I think I am measuring ahead. I was tested for diabetes and it came back normal but because my dr wants me tested for it again in two weeks. I have not been tested for Pre E.
  • Oh good! Better to be on the safe side! Keep us updated on the results?
  • I am so nervous now. I looked up extra fluid around the baby on the internet. Worse thing to do! Now I am worried something Is wrong with baby!
  • Hope everything comes out ok! Keep us updated will be praying for you and baby :)
  • Ty @jules I will. I do not go back to dr until july 23rd
  • Oh ok well it will go faster then u think always does for me lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^I agree! This is concerning. Please keep us updated. Do you have Facebook? ?
  • @honebirthadvocate & @bahamamama4828 when I go on 23rd I am doing my diabetes check again & starting to schedule my stress test. Are completing stress tests a sign the dr is concerned? I did not have any with my eight year old. Yes I have a facebook my name is joe n katie thomas. I share with ny hubby.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hope all goes well. Keep us posted. I know its probably scary but try not to stress. Try to keep as calm as you can. They probably will run another ultradound to keep measuring your fluids.
  • I would call & talk to the nurse & tell her all your concerns & that you want to know exactly what's going on. Hopefully that will give you some peace of mind instead of just wondering. Keep us posted, I'm hoping it was just a misunderstanding.
  • edited July 2013
    They didn't seem/show any concern about any of it?
  • @Heather3girls1boy I would say she was a little concerned. I believe that ia why I am having diabetes test again as well as non stress test starting in two weeks. ill just have to wait for my next appointment.
  • She didn't say she was?
  • No she did not physically say she was.
  • :( So confusing, I'm sorry your going thru this. I know you have been trying hard not to stress out.
  • @Heather3girls1boy I am really trying not to stress. I am not allowed on google by my hubby.
  • I'm glad you're not googling and trying to remain calm. I would think you have good judgement to decipher if it sounded like your physician was incompetent. Sounds to me like there may have been some miscommunication on their part, but if it were urgent, I'm sure they would have sought it out immediately. You know, you always have the option to call and speak to their nurse and ask questions and get clarification. There is no need to be left in lingo, if in fact that's how you are feeling.
  • Yea you don't need to be on Google anyways. Lol Like others have said you can call the nurse and ask ?'s to help ease your mind about what is going on.
  • I'd call and talk to tbe nurse to get some answers. Hope all is well!