Not sure what to do..(Housing question)

Im needing a apartment or something, but have little money to pay for rent and utility's im not sure what to do. Someone told me to get a loan thru my bank and get a condo or something. And or little home. I don't want to have to deal with any maintenance though. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Honestly...if you can't pay rent, you probably can't afford a mortgage. Have you tried your local housing authority? They should have programs to help with cheaper rent. Like section 8,
  • Yeah there is a year to three year waiting list, I don't have that much time. I prob need a 2nd job lol @Ashley_Smashley
  • Where I live, a mortgage for a small house is much more afforded than apartment rent. Our house payment was $582 for a 1300 sq ft house, we moved across the state into an apartment until we can find a house.. The apartment is 1100 sq ft and the rent is $779. So make sure to check prices before you decide.
  • Ya I don't know depending on the area if house or condo morgage may not be any less. How many people do need room for? U can always try find roommate maybe friend or someone u know may know someone in same situation. It would give u the ability to split rent and utilities and time to etheir find second job or higher paying job until u can be save up to live ob ur own.
  • There's public housing with less than 6 mo wait
  • Well if your buying you need money down, closing cost, insurance, inspection, and first year of taxes up front. There is a lot of money needed to buy upfront.