SO's Mom not happy with our sons weight gain.

2»

Comments

• I'm glad you left. I'm sorry, but he is being emotionally, verbally and physically abusive. :(
  • Omg i am so sorry. He needs to understand that you and him are the only parents of that baby and he needs to be on the same page as you, whether that's formula or breastfeeding.

I think that you should schedule a Dr's appointment and tell him "lets go together and let him know our concerns and go from there. If he says that we need to formula feed then we'll start on that. If he says the baby is fine and we should continue breastfeeding then we'll do that."
    Show him that "its not just you". Show him that you're doing good and its being backed up by a medical professional.

Nothing justifies what he did, but i do understand, like you said, that they are used to bigger babies and formula feeding rather than breastfeeding so this is all new to him.

Compromising will be the solution.
  • @perly: The thing is goes to most of the appointments with me. So I don't understand what made him change. I'm gonna give myself some space.

@Wilsomom: Exactly. I don't why he would even phantom to think what he did was anything but right.

@Angelmonkeymelody: I don't get why he or his mother thinks all babies grow the same.

@jules: It did feel better when I had someone to talk to. They were unbiased so it made it better because she was able to see from both sides. I hope he realizes what he did and it was completely unacceptable.

@PumpkinCupcake0307: Thank you.

@natashalynn: Thank you.
  • How did the appt go?
  • Omg they sound like my mother and my mother in law, they kept telling me my baby isn't growing because he ain't getting enough breast milk, they went ahead and bought formula and bottle my husband told his mom we r not feeding him formula point blank, they backed off...my son will be 5months on the 20th and he's growing perfectly fine he's now 16lbs.