I feel bad....

edited October 2013 in Second Trimester
I had my gender ultrasound done and it's a girl!!! And I feel bad that I am disappointed. This will be my third child and third girl. I really wanted a boy. I should be happy that she's healthy. I feel bad for being ungrateful.

Comments

• It's okay! You know you will fall in love with her, but there's nothing wrong with grieving the loss of wanting a boy. It was a desire of your heart and so since you didn't get your desire it's like a loss. After you finish grieving you'll be so in love with your little girl!! <3
  • @wilsomom thanks :) I just wanted something different. My girls love their dads and I just wanted that bond with a son. I'm a little worried that another girl is going to cause a lot if jealousy and my LO will be competing for her dad's attention with the baby. My oldest already has some jealousy at times. I guess I'll just figure it out. I'm not the first nor am I the last to have 3+girls. I guess I just really thought that it was going to be a boy. This pregnancy is different from my other two. I hope she's mellow and not fiesty like my other two.
  • I felt that way when I found out mine was a boy. I bawled everytime someone asked what I was having, hubby didn't know what to do poor guy. Finally around 29 weeks I started getting excited but I'm still extremely nervous about a boy. Now with 9 weeks left I am ready to meet him! (Just maybe not his privates lol)
    You'll get to the point of being excited, cry if you need to :X
  • @kimberly4411 lol that's exactly how I feel!!! My fiancé said it's ok, as long as she is healthy and that he will be my baby boy, he doesn't need another male to compete with for my attention anyways. He's so silly. He made me laugh, he's happy with whatever we have anyways and it's his fault!!! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed. I think it's normal unless u don't mind what u get.
  • Any names picked out? @kimberly4411
  • Yes, finally! Colten Robert and hubby is going to call him Colt.
    It's a little strange but whatever makes him happy!! I picked out Colten, I think he finally went with it cause he could tell I really liked it
  • @kimberly4411 I like Colten, it's different
  • No need to feel bad at all. I could see if this was first child but this is your third, you are allowed to want a specific gender.
  • Its completely normal. As the pregnancy progresses, you'll fall in love with her too.

As i've mentioned many times before, i lost my first pregnancy at 17wkd and i knew i was having a girl the whole time. So when i gave birth to my baby, we saw that we were having a girl. It was such a bittersweet moment.
    When i got pregnant again, i said "this is such a blessing, i'll take whatever God sends me". This was true, but deep down i wanted a girl to fill they void i had from losing my daughter. At 12 weeks i found out i was expecting a boy, and even though i was happy to be having a healthy baby i was a little sad that i wasn't getting the baby girl i wanted.
    I now have a 5 month old baby boy and he is so much fun to be around. We play and laugh all day long and im enjoying being a mom SO much.
    I want to have 2 more babies, so i hope God has a little girl for me...
    Like it was said before, its perfectly normal to feel this way :)
  • We're having girl it's number 3 for my hubby 2 for us but he had daughter with his first wife so he really wanted a boy I could tell he was bummed out but now that we only got 6w3d until due date his super excited that our first will have sister close in age to play with plus his very good with girls. Point is it's ok to feel this way in time you will be super excited too :) all kids have hard time with sibling battles but at the end of the day they love each other and as they get older they will be soo thankful they have each other.
  • My sons name is Colten! Never seen anyone else with his spelling...such a strong name, love it! @Kimberly4411
  • @veevee @jules @perly I'm glad I'm not an awful mom to be feeling this way. I'm so sorry about ur loss @perly that must have been devestating!! I totally understand where u r coming from and would feel how u felt.
  • Not at all were human doesn't mean we love our kids any less. Even though I wanted another girl and that's what we're getting part of me gets bummed out cause I know hubby wanted boy but his very happy it's girl now. Like I said before it passes you won't feel like this the entire time :)
  • I felt the same way... I have a 2 year old boy and I wanted a girl so bad! I felt like I wasn't as excited this pregnancy but now I'm happy just glad its a healthy baby!
  • It was devastating. For a long time i said i didn't want to have babies again because i was too scared. And when i found out i was pregnant again i felt all the blood in body rush to my feet. I was so scared and i cried every day for the first week or so. I was paranoid and i still am.
    But, i know God doesn't make mistakes. I know that everything He does is for a reason and one day i'll understand. Its hard to have and maintain the faith, but i hold on.

So, don't feel bad for wanting a specific gender but also know that just like the 2 little girls you have now, this new baby girl has a purpose and she will make you the proudest mother in the world :)
  • @jules I know it's too soon since baby isn't Even born but r u guys having anymore?

@lovemylife11 what r u having? And ur right. It's hard to feel happy when u really wanted something at first but like u said, a healthy baby is what matters
  • @perly awwww that was really sweet. I hope u get ur girl one day. I know u will :)
  • Oh no we knew that we only wanted two im glad I got two girls lol! My hubby was for sure done as soon as he found out it was another girl since that's 3 for him. I just wanted to have two that are close in age I'm good to go. It's kinda nice knowing I don't have to be pregnant and go through labor after this :)
  • I'm having my 2nd little boy
  • I felt the same way. I wanted a boy but im having another girl and couldnt be happier now :) So much cute things for girls plus she can use her big sisters clothes :)
  • So normal! I have 3 girls and my last was finally a boy :-D. Everytime the ultrasound tech told me it was a girl I started bawling! The would say o your so happy, I would say no I'm not I I wanted a boy. So I completely understand. In fact I didn't want anymore after my 3rd girl I was convinced I was cursed with only girls. My hubby pushed to try again and......I finally got my boy. :)
  • @heather3girls1boy lol that is exactly how I was!!!! I wouldn't mind having another at some point in a few years but I'm afraid it'll be another girl!!! I just told my fiancé it's a girl yesterday and he was happy. He said he's kinda if glad it's a girl bc he loves out daughter to death and my oldest isn't his so it'll be his second. I told him it's his fault and he said I should have fed him more red meat :) he's crazy.

@mommylovessparkle that's the good part! I have like 90% of both of my daughter'a clothes from when they were infants. I'm just tired of pink. Maybe I'll get purples and other cute girly colors. Yes, they always has way cuter girl things then boys IMO

@lovemylife11 congrats!!!

@jules that's great that you know how many you want...I'm still insure. He wants a lot. There is 4 kids in my family and 5 in my fiancé's so I guess it's normal. Are you enjoying your last pregnancy? I think I want one more bc my fiancé isn't around this time to enjoy it with and he's crushed that he can't b with me and might not be around when she's born.

• Ya im glad I know that's one thing that can be hard in relationship when people can't be on he same page. Sounds like you two know exactly what you want too. I've been enjoying this pregnancy so far not too bad glad only have 6 weeks left though cause I'm getting excited!
  • @jules yeah it's very exciting!! Has it gone by slow or fast? This pregnancy has gone by quick so far for me.
  • It's gone very fast however from week 28 to 31 it was dragging glad it's been flying by again lol. Now just got 6 weeks until due date im sure it will fly by for us both! I can't help but keep thinking that this labor is not gonna go as smooth as my first one person just can't get that lucky twise..my water broke with my daughter at 38w6d and I had her 13 hrs later no tears therefore no stitches of any kind obviously :) I was back to my regular work outs and everything exactly a week after. And all the weight was gone in exactly week too it was amazing. Im hoping I can have another smooth labor and my body just bounces back like it did before. :)
  • @jules I think your body will bounce back. Especially since u r petite and are a gymnast right? Especially if u were in good shape before you got pregnant and it sounds like you were. You are lucky u didn't tear. I did with both of my girls. I'm afraid of how terrible it will look if i tear again bc they don't try to stitch it back neatly. They just stitch it back however. I'm afraid of what it looks like now, and I'm surprised my fiancé hasn't been scared off. I was actually thinking about it all day. That I hope it feels normal after the baby comes. For him...
  • I taught gymnastics but ballet and long distance running has been my main things. I still run while pregnant just not as fast or long of distance. I was 80 pounds at the start of this pregnancy and now I'm about 97 pounds but still have 6 weeks so not sure we're I'll end but not too worried about bouncing back if it doesn't happen on its own likelast time im sure once im good to workout I'll get myself in shape. I am very scared of tearing never had stitches too bad that they don't at least try to do their best as far as trying make it look good. I don't think it feels the same for them but they don't ever say it lol.
  • I cried when I found out my first was a girl and cried again when I found out my 2nd was a girl. Don't get me wrong I love my girls but what do I have to do to get a boy lol.
  • @morgdeedee lol yes!!!! Exactly how I feel!!!

@jules lol I would have to agree but of course I am never going to know since I am not a male obviously. I know keagels help but I wonder how much?
  • Awesome :) you'll get used to it! After I seen all the cute things they just came out with for girls I was so happy lol. Switching the colors can work! I got tired of pink too so I decided to buy everything in the "prettiest color" so it helpes alot! I also buy things that will make my daughters eye color pop (her eyes are light grey) so I have lots of greys and blues :)