Bright Pink Blood 36+4

edited January 2014 in Pregnant
Well I seen blood and I dont want to waste hours at l&d just to get sent home. It was just like drops of blood. No mucas and just a bit of discharge. Id say about the size of a half dollar (but in drops not one big one) this is the second time this happened. The first time I thought it was because I was *tmi* chafed down there and maybe the toilet paper aggravated the outside of my vag, so I couldnt tell if it was from the outside or inside. But this time Im not chafed and its coming from inside my vag.
I called my dr but he dont accept calls after hours and theres no nurse just a girl who isnt medically trained to answer questions. She just said she has to tell me to go to l&d if I want to...
Im already frustrated with them what kinda ob dont have a nurse on call 24/7 specially such a large nationwide company. Grr. So ladies. What do I do?
I forgot to add that I was having contractions 6 mins apart for 4 hours two days ago. Then they stopped.

Comments

• Blood at 36 weeks needs to be checked out in L&D.
  • edited January 2014
    Sooo...you're asking preglies who..the majority of us aren't "medically trained" what to do??

Besides that according to what you said, as for bleeding & contractions...they're gonna refer you to go to the hospital no matter what
  • Well most would say go in. Me personally I wouldn't go in until contractions got closer only because your so close now that its probably just discharge. Keep an eye on it for sure and if your super worried and have cramping then go in.
  • @jules thank you. I have a drs appt soon so ill wait for my appt and tell him about it.

• That's good idea. Good luck!
  • @mommylovessparkle are you still spotting and contracting? The baby will be here before you know it!! I hope you feel better and can keep cooking for another couple weeks!!
  • @nameless the preglies left over here have had so many babies and gotten so much medical advice throughout our pregnancies and births, that the sum total of our knowledge is "just about" as good as a doctor. Just sayin'. ;-) How's it going, mommylovessparkle?
  • @jules Thanks for all the support :)

@kenzie0713 Thanks for checking up. I told my dr and he said I had a cut down there. Which would explain it lol. Im still contracting every so often and im dialated to 2! :) thanks for all the support! :)

@ourlittlenugget :) Thanks girl :) nameless always makes people feel stupid about posting so I just ignore it lol.
    Im doing good :) dialated to 2! So hopefully soon!!!! Hbu?
  • No one was trying to make you feel stupid. But @nameless makes a valid point that none of us are medically trained (no matter how many children we have had it's still not "just as good" as a medical professional). If you have questions about blood at 36 weeks you should consult your doctor.
  • @ashley_smashley I did say I tried to call my dr but I couldnt get intouch with anyone so I reached out to my preglies. I understand you guys arent medically trained but its better than me freaking out and thinking the worst maybe someone experianced it.
  • That's why the L&D ward is there...for after hours questions and concerns. It's better to go and have it be nothing, than not go when there could have been a problem.
  • The whole point of this app is for us to talk out our concerns, share advice, support each other, validate our experiences, discuss what happened when we went through that, what our doctor told us, etc. :-) I'm glad it was nothing serious, but ouch - a cut?! :-O
  • She wasn't asking for a diagnosis. Everyone has asked for advice in the past; especially late at night or on weekends; to see if anyone else has experienced it, of they should be concerned and mostly don't want to make an unnecessary call or trip. L&D is not always the answer and if everyone went for every little question there would be no rooms, doctors or nurses for the patients who truly need it. She stated nobody was at her doctors to help and she was wondering if she should be concerned or if it was normal. I'm sure you ladies have asked a question or two before. Give her a break.

I'm sorry Chloe. Its normal and your body is just progressing and getting ready. I've been having it too along with contractions. I was 2cm 3 days ago and now I'm about 3-4cm and super low and stretchy today.
  • @ourlittlenugget & @luvmy5 Thanks girls :) ♥ ♥ ♥

-ourlittlenugget Yeah apparently just a cut. I must've cut myself badder than I thought on the toilet paper since i havent had sex in ages and nothing else was down there. He didnt say how big or deep it was but I didnt even notice it. Maybe I was just too focused on all my other pain lol.

-luvmy5 Oh okay :) . Wow you must be so excited and ready for this to be over lol when will they admit you? I want this to hurry up its so frustrating getting regular contractions then having them stop. :( hopefully we have our babies soon! :) labor dust to us both!
  • @nameless seriously...get over yourself. We have all built a relaionship with each other and have been through a ton of the same experiences and can give some pretty awesome and accurate advice!
  • @mommylovessparkle are you ready? Its almost time!! Did you decide that you or the Dr will cut the cord? I'm glad you got an answer to where the blood was coming from!*
  • I was gonna ask you if you possibly cut yourself because you said bright pink which I've done before. I'm glad everything is good for you and baby!
    @kenzie0713 that's how I feel too and I ask stuff like that on here even though my sister is doctor just because we all been there.
  • I cut myself yesterday without realizing it, saw fresh pink blood and freaked...then I realized what I did.
    @Jules exactly, we all have plenty of resources but have also found comfort within each other over the past several years!!
  • @kenzie0713 wow that was not necessary. She made a valid point that none of is are doctors.
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you @Ashley_Smashley.. :)
    @Mommylovessparkle...well I don't make anyone feel stupid...I'm always nice.
    @ourlittlenugget I know what the app is for..I get that..everyone has advice
    @kenzie0713 ...get over myself...umm ok?

No wonder why I don't come on here..you preglies are rude. I didn't say what she wanted to hear..she says I make people feel stupid..so lets tag nameless since you guys all formed a relationship
  • @kenzie0713 :X
    @mommylovessparkle I sure hope so! Its down the the wire and my body has been early laboring for a week now. I'm so tired and sore.

The other ladies - come on now. Don't place blame on Kenzie or Chloe when they stood up for themselves and said you weren't being nice. There was no reason to make that comment on her post. You could have easily ignored it. Everyone has asked for advice on here. I've been a member for years, I know who each of you are. I also see a pattern of a couple of ladies who only post to made snarky comments. They only come on and antagonize and then act like they didn't do a thing wrong. Chloe didn't do a thing wrong, leave her be. Geez! That is the reason majority left and never come on. Not because of members like these two ladies.
  • edited January 2014
    Wow some things never change!! It's always the same ppl being rude with their sarcasm!! That is the reason I'm never on here, that shit gets old! But glad you're feeling better @mommylovessparkle :) What's your edd? I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow, I'm scheduled for my csection next Friday:) I can't wait!!
  • edited January 2014
    @ashley_smashley I honestly felt it to be very necessary because she stated the obvious, was pretty insensitive and doesnt know who does what for a living. Being medically trained doesn't always mean that they know everything either. Sometimes experiences are better than text book answers. If someone is scared and asking for advice i dont think its hard to be supportive. Yes @nameless get over yourself and dont pretend that youve never asked a person who is not medically trained for their opinion. @luvmy5 thank you and you are right...that is the reason that we lost so many people. I always try to be supportive and if i cant be helpful i move on to the next post.
  • @nameless im sorry but if someone thinks you are being rude then you are. I don't think a single person is best judge for themselves when it comes to if they are being nice or rude to others. Everyone has different opinions and standards and levels of sensitivity on what they find rude. So you can't say your not rude maybe you like to think of yourself as nice person as most people do. But I personally thought ur comment was not necessarily nice therefore kinda of rude and not related to the topic since she was basically looking for some comfort in that moment since she couldn't get hold of her doctor.
  • She asked for opinions...so that's what she got. If she wanted people to only post if they agreed with her action then that's what she should have posted. I don't think nameless was being rude, blunt maybe. Also once again people's experience is not always "just as good" as a Dr or midwife. If someone asked what to do about tooth pain until they could get to the dentist, then THAT is a time for people's experiences. But 36 weeks pregnant and seeing bright blood does warrant a call to your Dr or Midwife...not peoples experiences. Thankfully it was nothing BUT it could have been something.

And we lost so many people bc people got tired of being called mean bc others couldn't take an opinion that was different to theirs. All we did was state OUR OPINION. And then all of you banded together to jump namely nameless's shit...all bc she was blunt. Please! Not everyone in life is going to sugar coat shit. Some will be blunt and to the point.
  • @Ashley_smashley I'm as blunt as they come and you found that to be unnecessary...hmm!?!? Who can't take what? She tried to get her Dr or nurse and couldn't. Cut her a break, geez!!! Do you truly think that doctors are god and know all? Yes they are trained but if you can't get a hold of them then someone who has been in the same situ is the next best. I also have personally dealt with Drs after hours at the hospital that know NOTHING ab pregnancy. Heck if I would have listened to the last one I would have had a d&c when I truly had a viable pregnancy. I'm done going back and forth, have a great night. @mommylovessparkle I'm sorry that this happened on your post and hope you are doing better!! XOXO!!
  • Well no Dr don't work 24-7. That's why there is labor and delivery. And for the record I don't think they are gods...but I do think that you should give them a chance to do their job THEN make your choice. It really is laughable this has kept on so long. And after this I will not comment anymore.

I do want to say tho, that I think it's hilarious that EVERY TIME there is a dust up on here you are right there in the middle of it @kenzie0713 ...yet we are the trouble makers . Mmhm ok..
  • edited January 2014
    @Ashley_smashley I'm not even going to pick apart what you just posted but it was a mess and if you think I'm always in the middle and such a trouble maker then you should refrain from responding and being nice on my posts. I don't like fake and there are plenty of genuine people here. This is also my first month actively back after almost a year, you may want to check your facts ;-)
  • edited January 2014
    @moderator could you please take a look at this? Hate to bother you with childish nonsense, but clearly this is getting out of hand.

@kenzie0713 is NEVER in the middle of ANY drama; EVER!! In fact, it is quite the opposite. I have seen Ashley in quite a few tangles though. Perhaps someone needs to look in a mirror. We didn't all band together to jump at nameless. She came on this post and didn't say anything of help, rather berated the OP and could have used something called TACT. Which makes a world of difference. Keep in mind the OP is pregnant and at one point so were you. You worry about the big and little of things. Your emotions can make you get worried over normal things. People got banned for violating rules, attacking others and being downright nasty. It has nothing to do with someone not being able to take what someone has to say; but how they say it. Just because you're online doesn't mean you can be rude. She did state she couldn't get ahold of anyone because nobody was available. She was wondering if it warranted a call/trip to L&D. She is a single mom to a toddler. She doesn't have anyone to rely on to just make countless trips to doctors and hospitals for something she felt she could ask here (there are nurses and medical professionals on here as well as many who have experienced similar things) so she figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I know she wouldn't put her baby or herself at risk if she felt something were detrimental. Ashley didn't even come on this post to do anything other than to contribute to being rude to Chloe to begin with. I was here a long time ago and just recently came back and now I'm quickly realizing why I was done with it before and moved on. Some things never change and the snide and snarky comments are still there. Really sad.
  • Wow I just came on and seen all of this. First of all thank you girls ♥ @luvmy5 @kenzie0713 @jules @julians_mommy
    Kenzie- Im soooo ready lol. I decided that im going to let the dr cut the cord. If its over and done with ill be too in love with the baby to care about the stupid cord lol.

Luvmy5- Ahh we got this. Almost there !!!!!!!

Julians_Mommy- my edd is feb 1st :) ahh I bet ur sooo excited! Im so excited for you good luck!! Ill be 38 weeks tmrw im so ready to get this over with!