Im 32 weeks and I still don't give out milk. Is it normal?

edited January 2011 in March 2011
Dose anybody else have this problem or is it just me? :-S

Comments

• I'm just 13 weeks, but there was another discussion about this before & some of the ladies were saying your milk doesn't come until a day or even a few days after the baby is born. They said you'll have some liquid leaking maybe, but its not the actual milk.. and I cannot remember what they said the name of that leaking liquid was.. I'll try finding that discussion & letting you know if someone doesn't help you out before I can!
  • My milk never comes until a few days after baby is born
  • The pre milk is called colostrum and some women dont get milk until after baby is born by a few days.
  • I breastfed all 3 of my kids so far and its true you won't get "milk" for a couple of days after the baby is born.
  • Agree- mine didn't come in for 2-3 days after my daughter was born- I thought that made breastfeeding weird at first, but all was perfectly fine after that. The colostrum is much thicker than milk, so its no surprise you're not getting anything yet if you're trying to expell milk... don't worry- you'll be just fine =) ...ps> if you are going to breastfeed, I suggest getting a lanolin treatment for your nipples & start using it NOW- available by the breastfeeding supplies- it really helped me with the soreness & I wish I'd known you could use it before to help strengthen the breast first! Good luck! =)
  • Can you still have baby suck on day of birth? My friend did. I heard the baby sucking helps the milk come quicker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh ok cuz my older sister gave out at 6 months thank u ..i feel alot more normal!
  • Baby# 6 for me and I have never leaked until after baby is born.
  • I am 32 weeks and 5 days and have had colostrum leakin since I was 24 weeks but some women don't start leakin til right at the end and yes u can nurse the same day the baby is born the colostrum contains a lot of nutrients and immunities that are good for the baby the first few days after birth the baby will nurse on colostrum and then the milk will come in
  • U leak colostrum during preg but everyones diff not everyone does and if u do u might not even notice. Milk takes about 3-5 days to come in and til then its the nutrient rich colostrum. If u really want to see if u can express any colostrum. After sex and an orgasm oxytocin will release in ur system if u squeeze ur nipples then a few pin points of colustrum will leak from a clear to a pale yellow...
  • Everyone iv talked to said they didnt get milk til they were three days after baby born...