Should I call him..? Help single moms plz

edited March 2011 in Single moms
So I havnt talked to my babys dad since I was 1 month,i am now 5. I wanna call him but I wanna b strong! He hasnt called,y should I..but its easier said then done! Advice

Comments

• R u trying to get back with him? Or do u not want to?
  • Well I know lots of girls in your boat. Was he upset when he found out your were pregnant? How old is he and does he have other kids?
  • I dunno, I just wanna hear his reaction to my call. Hes ah a**. But bipolar I just wanna c if he'll b nice n mabey wanna hear bout our child. But I dnt wanna b hurt if he goes left on me, ya kno...i would "ove for him to c how big me n my bby r gettin nb but wat if I get hurt!
  • Aw im sry dear i wish i knew exactly wat u felt so i can relate more. But if i were u i dnt think i would call. U got this far n u r ur baby doing well rite? N he hasnt hit u up for 4 months? Hes the one missing out! U might end up getting hurt
  • Hes 35 has 5 kuds,(but only c 1 his youngest) my bby is number 6. Im 17. N he was verry happy til his little sons bby momma found out..ling story short lots of drama. N niw u havnt heard frm him in 5mths :(
  • Yah n yur right I might get hurt, some things r better off not messin with. It just succs to do this all alone! Yah kno
  • I kno but u seem like a strong person. U kept ur baby n have takn great care of it n urself for 5 months. Plus u havent called him in 4 months so ur strong enough to not give in. Maybe u n ur baby are better off bcuz frankly he sounds like a dead beat. N u are not alone n im sure everytime u feel ur lil one kick ur reminded of tht. Once u meet ur baby u will feel a love like no other n nothing else will matter
  • No dont call him im 5 months along n going to be a single mom pregancy is hard and emotional enough if hes an ass n hasnt bothered its his loss n hell prob just let u down again. Being upset isnt good for ur un born baby or u! He should of called by now n I would let him know after babys home from hospital n let him vist on ur terms not his now a days we as women n moms r strong n many have done n want to do it alone be strong dont give his chances to hurt u or baby more!! U n baby desreve better!! F him!! his loss!
  • I think your going to have to deal with his rejection of your maternal status. He seems to have put you last on his priority list I highly suggest you seek proffessional help for your situtation. You have to be honest with yourself do you really think his just going to turn his life around with just a phone call, I think his already made his decision about your baby he seems to care more about his other baby momma I'm sorry to be so blunt but its just life make the best you can out of it, take care of yourself
  • Thank yu moms. I already kno wats up.. N as to josburn10... Proffessional help, lmao nah im good. I need supportive friends n advice not pro. Help!..Im preg not crazy.lol! But umm...okay,, to yur opinion n e ways
  • Maybe he's worried since your only 17?
  • Uhm wow he could def get in big trouble seeing as he's old enough to be your dad and got you pregnant...I'm guessing that's why he wants nothing to do with it.
  • Im in the same situation im five months an havent talked to my bd since i wad two months but oh well he is the one missing out not me. I wouldnt call him if he cares at all he will contact u. Good luck.
  • Im in pretty much the exact same situation. I hadn't talked to him since I got my pregnancy confirmed at the doctors office but I did decide to text him after my 20 week ultrasound to let him know it was a girl. I just felt like he should know and I didn't want him to forget about the baby. It didn't make any difference but I felt alot better after telling him. Its ultimately up to you, do what you think is best for you and baby.
  • I don't know if I would call him or not but after the baby is born I would definitely make child support eat his a** alive!!
  • Yikes! I like older guys too, but some are jerks no matter what age. I'm betting he's worried about the age difference. I have an ex who was super freaked out about our 7 year difference until I turned 18. I ended up dumping him for a guy 20 years older than me who I later married. I don't think you should call him. Maybe call him when the baby is born tho.
  • My sister is a single mother of 3 kids. The first 2, she went out of her way to let the dad know what was going on, but with the last one all she told him was that she was pregnant, and left it up to him to find out about his baby. I don't know how hard it is, but maybe you should try it. If he doesn't ever come around, or call, then he isn't ready for the responsibility. But, I swear to you, in the long run you'll find someone who wants to be there for you and the baby! Good luck, hun!
  • Well thanls moms. N here in texas 17 is of age. N his other bby momma$ r young. (not my age any more but when he got em preg. Yah).. Well rockinmomma ima try n let him kno, I mean how worse can it get? Hurt geelings I can get over, its not like he can say he aint gonna b around hes doen that already..n tootie08 I feel ya girl, n victoriab I kno ma. some r still immutare. But I dnt regret meetin himcuz I wouldnt have my liddo love
  • Hey moms I think I spoke hin into existiance.. He CALLED ME! OOOHm ggooodness
  • What happened..n here in tx 17 is still consider rape by a man older then 18 ..my friend is n prison for him beenin 22 n her 17
  • I have been through that trust me its hard but doable.I no job no car no family thank god for government assistance cause it was a big help.my son was well taking care of,I work my ass off to make sure he have everything he needs and more,I moved to another state worked 2 jobs buy me a car got my own place in less than a year and not once did I call my son farther.he use to call and text me asking about my son and I change my number.I felt like why call and ask about him calling is not helping my buy diapers and wipes,formula ETC,SO UNTIL he can call and ask me do I need some money to buy things my baby need don't call me.me and my now 14 month old is doing great,I go to school now and I got a wonderful boyfriend which I'm now 12weeks pregnant from.everything happens for a reason hun,do your thing and forget about him,cause your only going to be hurting your self.I know It's hard put you can do it.good luck and hope you have a healthy sweet baby.
  • How did you talk him into talking to you? Advice please haha.
  • Well I'm n the same situation. I'm 4 months prego n the bd said he just couldn't do this. Lol. I haven't seen him in 2 months without a peep. Its hard. I want him to b there n have a happy family. But I have learned I can't force him into a family. U shouldn't have to force anyone into it. So u have to b strong for u n the baby. This baby has given me strength. N I'm not going to lie...I still cry sometimes. Its not going to b easy. But it is what it is n we have to deal. We can do this.
  • If he is not willing to be in the picture then prepare yourself now. We as women are stronger than we think. I am raising 2 boys alone. 12 and 2.if he was going to be there for you he would already be.
  • I'm almost 11 weeks, I told the father a month ago that I'm pregnant and he wants nothing to do with it. I was never in a relationship with him and never had feelings for him so I don't want to be with him, i just want him to be there for his son or daughter. And I think he thinks that I'm trying to get him to be with me when I'm not at all. I'm hoping that I will run into him in public when I'm like 7 months pregnant and reality hits him and he decides to be involved in his child's life.
  • thanks 4 that advice lisacuty I feel ya on dat,:D as to ashabash, mama yur bby is an important factor. When my bby ddy roderick calld I was shoked I dnt expect it at all! He was just askin bout our bby n I told him if he was around 4tha past 5mths he'd kno, but my point is I was so effin happy to kno the thought about our bby. But i told him I did it this far w/out yu so dnt try play ddy know, my bby dnt kno his voice. Only moves to mine! So tha way I c it is F wat they talkin bout yu r mommie n ddy. I kno u want him around trust me I do too. But yu kno wat mama like u said one day yu will run into him mabey yur bby will b born n he will wanna b part of yur bby. N yur bbys gunna look at him like who r yu? He'll b hurt cuz his bby dnt kno him n it will b his fault. N yu will b strong n indipendent mom! Thats tha way im tryna c it..if u eva need sumone to talk to let me kno mabey we can exchange #'s n strong for yu liddo love
  • Yur dam right mom2b91211! Thars wats up
  • edited March 2011
    I'm n da same situation girl I hadn't talk to my bd since I was 2 months and now I'm 6 months I finally build up my courage to call and we talked it turned out good but we still not back together but it made me feel better since I heard his voice. He care he Just was scared and he 19 and I'm 21 but I pray things get better. ..it wont hurt to try girl but just follow your heart.
  • I dont think she meant professional help like u crazy, I think she meant like laeyers for child support. Eithrr way girl, u seem strong, n if u made it this far u can go the rest. U don't need him. Jus think ull have this beautiful child that u had all by yourself, n u ain't gotta share him/her w no one that didn't wanna b round. He sounds like something else... u deserve way better
  • I was 17 when my son was born. And he had alot of health problems.. but my baby daddy didnt have anything to do with the baby either... its hard, sometimes its lonely as can be, and other times its the most empowering feeling in the world seeing that yes, you CaN do this! But now, im 23, have two kids, 20 weeks pregnant, and getting a divorce.. so i know all too well how you feel you just need support more than anything right now.. keep your head up sweetie, you Got this!