Gender Swaying

edited March 2011 in Getting pregnant
Has anyone tried anything to get pregnant with a specific gender? We really want a boy so I'm wondering what to try and if anyone has had any success with it.

Comments

• Your babies gender is determined from the very beginning. You can't change it.
  • @rockinmomma op means the different methods to use before conception to try to sway towards a certain gender. For example one method believes that female sperm last longer in the vagina so to have sex 3 days before ovulation to try for a girl, and 1-0 days before ovulation for a boy.
    Others also believe the foods you eat play a part.

There's a bunch of different methods, a whole litany of books on it. I say try it!! Lol.
  • Ohhh my bad lol. Sorry I missed that when I read it oops :">
  • there is no way to sway the gender they are all myths
  • My grandma on my dads side has this thing she does when she finds out your pregnant it has to do with the month you concieve your first name and the dads first name.. like if you concieved in January you would add the letters up like mine is January Chelcie and Brandy which equals 20(yes my bf has a girls name lol) and according to it I'm having a girl (when you add the letters if its even its a girl if its odd its a boy)I have tested it on everyone i know either when they were pregnant or after to see if it was right and it was only wrong on one person I know
  • I did what @ashes suggested not obsessively just tried it to see, we really wanted a boy, we were pregnant after 3 months of trying with a boy! Could be coincidence....or not! I think it works because I've noticed when ppl "try" they more often than not conceive a boy and when it's a surprise or not trying but not avoiding, it's a girl. This backs up the theory by the simple idea that when you are trying you do so closer to your ovulation day...it sorta makes sense if you think about it.
  • Really we just want a baby, boy or girl, but thought if we could improve our chances of that baby being a boy since we already have a girl we could at least try. So besides the timing of sex before ovulation any other things you've heard?
  • @monstersmom I was in Barnes and Noble reading stuff when I found the books. They were a good read but I'm not one to try that kinda thing (yet) you know? But just take a little notepad or something and take quick notes lol.
    I read one where the theory was that I mentioned, another where I think the two of you both go on a diet (changes pH of your fluids, I think?), and another that was similar to the first, but contradicted the theory. That's when I stopped reading lol

I only read key points in the beginning of the book so I have no idea about how any of them work. I say just look them up online or go do some quick reads at barnes & noble
  • Look up the shettles method he says to try for a boy try to concieve right before ovulation so the boy sperm is closer to the egg and will fertilize it first since boy sperm are faster swimmers but don't live as long as girl ones. I hope this helps cause im also trying for a boy :D
  • Look up the Chinese gender predictor and keep changing the conception month to u c which will yield a boy....just for extra fun with it