Can I be honest?......

I know that I can't possibly be the only Mom that feels this way. I don't know if other Moms just don't want to admit, or what, but I will definitely admit that when I held my daughter for the first time, I didn't magically forget all of the uncomfortable nights or the painful labor. Is it all worth it? Ofcourse it is. But I definitely didn't forget it. Am I alone in that?

Comments

• I didn't forget it and also took me a while to bond and get that lovey feeling
  • It took me 4 years to get over my first lol...oh god , the pain lol x
  • Lol, you are sooo not alone. I felt nothing but protectiveness for days, until I got over some of the trauma of my horrible pregnancy and delivery and started to get to know my son; then it turned to love. I agree, it was totally worth it (and it was easier the second time) but it definitely wasn't some sudden rush of forgetfulness or emotion. I was drained!
  • edited March 2011
    With my son I forgot about everything else but not with my daughter I also didnt feel the connection with her like I did with my son I was scared 2 have 2 kids at the time. But now I have a great connection with her. Its sad 2 say but it took me 2 months 2 get that connection. So know ur not the only one who didnt forget about everything else going on around u.
  • Thank u ladies! I was starting to think I was the only one, lol. I don't doubt that there r some Moms out there that feel all roses afterwards, I'm just not one of them.... It's been over 8yrs since I had my daughter, and I can still remember what that labor was like! This time around I'm having a c-section, so it won't be the labor I'll be remembering, but the recovery.
  • My mom almost died haviging my brother who was her 3rd (out of 4) and her first boy and she has told me that she had a hard time bonding with him because she had such a hard horrible entire pregnancy and labor wih him
  • I've definitely had a harder time with this pregnancy than my first one. I think it's because I'm older (but not that old, 28, I was 20 when I had my daughter), and maybe just because girl and boy pregnancies are different. Not to mention, he's already weighing in at 8lbs and my daughter was only 6.7 at birth. So, I'm hoping that I won't have trouble bonding after going through all that I have during this pregnancy.
  • na ur right u dont forget, when I got handed my first I'm like augh ugly alien lol I said um do I feed him n tgere like yeah so I latched him on n passed out. with my secind they 6ave him 2 me, he didnt want to feed but I forced him best i could but really I just wanted to get up n have a shower didnt really pay him much attn. tll we got home donno y just didnt feel attached love him to pieces though wonder what ill do this time
  • My mom with all 3 children didn't feel that instant relief of pain either. Lol. She always thought it was a load of ... when ladies would say that. :) she did however bond pretty quickly with all if us.
  • I'm just glad I'm not the only one that doesn't feel like frolicking in a field of daisies after giving birth like it never happened! Lol. You don't forget all that you've gone thru, it just isn't as important as your baby, that's the way I see it. It's not enough to make u never wanna have another kid, but it does hurt like hell, and u don't magically forget once they hand u your baby!
  • In no way did I forget all of the terrible painful moments. In fact my sleepless nights has yet to go away.