Nuchal UltraSounds... luv it!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I went in today for my nuchal us... and it was fantastic... I got a chance to see my baby up close and personal. :) I saw her brain, both halves connected. Her heartrate at 161. Her spine, her ribs, bones, 10 fingers and both feet. She swallowed, kicked, stretched, looked at us and waved, maybe that was the involuntary reflexes, but it still was cool! Did I mention, she :) they told me the sex and I got all the measurements. My due date was spot on and she is developing perfectly. This was the happiest day... She is perfect!

Comments

• Aww Congrats to you :-) how far along are you?
  • Awesome! How far along are you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lovingmybabyboy and @keeshkeesh07... thanks so much. I am 12 weeks, 3 days today.

@kerrideeRN... thanks... yea, I was so happy... nuchal us are really the best.

I felt so relieved to see my baby developing perfectly. It's such a relief during a pregnancy, I was so scared about my baby developing right. I cried and smiled and have been on a cloud ever since...
  • And did I mention... I'm ready to shop :)
  • Wow Congrats can't believe they could tell tha sex that early !! What r u hvn
  • @kerrideeRN... Yes, this is my first... and I'm estatic!
  • Congrats on the good news. But what is a nuchal us? How is it dif from a reg us?
  • @New_Mommy2011... I'm having a girl... and yea, its a special magnified ultrasound, they worked with me to get the baby in position. She kept wanting to sleep... we managed to wake her up and she opened her legs and started kicking...
  • @Sami04... Thanks... A nuchal us is a special ultrasound that the doc orders for u around your 12 week to test for genetic disorders, down syndrome, etc. The machine is magnified by like 25X. U get to see everything...
  • @kerrideeRN... Congratulations on your baby boy... How far along are you?
  • Aww ok thanks for the info I am ttc but I will keep that in mind. Good luck with the rest of your preg and your lil girl!!
  • That's amazing ..I'm 10w4d ...your 12w ?! I can't believe it ! (: did u feel anything, lk her movement ?
  • @sami04 u will only get a nuchal exam if ur high risk for some reason its not part of standard procedures just so u know.
    @dawnwaarsBaby I posted to u on another thread lol. So glad to know everything is great with ur bean. So u don't need an amino correct? Cuz either way u would be cutting it close for a cvs. I had mine done the other week and they confirmed thru dna its a boy so no mistakes on clothes lol and he's perfectly healthy. The test itself was kinda painful tho. They stuck a huge needle into my belly and moved it all around for about 30 secs to get some placental tissue but didn't go into the amniotic sac which was good. I was on bedrest for a few days and had mad cramps for awhile (cuz ur placenta is a muscle and when they go in u contract around the needle) but I had no bleeding after :) so hopefully u don't have to do that lol. But they showed me the baby after the test and he was wiggling around just like before. I don't think he really knew much was going on lol.
  • @kingsmama I had a molar preg last year and have heard dif things about bein high risk my ob says I will be but my primary care says I shouldn't be so idk.
  • @sami04 well if ur high risk OB said u would be than I'd listen to them. If thats the case when u do conceive u prolly will get a nuchal done somewhere between 10 and 12 weeks along :) gl on ttc hun baby dust ur way.
  • Awww that's so cool. Congrats! :)
  • Thank you so much for all the info. I am hopin to be blessed this month. I will be due the same week that I was supposed to be due with the last one so I may get to meet my angel after all :)
  • Im having this scan in a week... Very exited now eeek.. So not everyone had them..oh i thought wad standard ...oops
  • Ooooh mine is in an hour and im so nervous..... ahhhhh
  • I am getting nuchal u/s in 2 weeks. I will be 13 weeks, really hoping we can tell. My doc asked me if I wanted this u/s. They do it optionally to reduce number of amniocentsis later in pregnancy. In the ultrasound they can decide if high risk or not. If there is a fatty pad on back of neck or head your classified high risk and amnio would then be done. I've had to healthy boys but just want every u/s I can get
    :)
  • I have mine tomorrow ill be thirteen weeks!
  • @kerrideeRN... how did the scan go?
  • @Sami04... Thanks and Good luck ttc. I'm sending lots of baby dust your way :)
  • @New_Mommy2011... I was able to get it done because I am 34 and they wanted to test me for genetic abnormalities, so it was great. It lasted for like 45 minutes and was completely wonderful. I didn't feel my baby move yesterday, but last night strangely enough, I felt a tickling on the inside of my stomach... it was so weird... I think that may have been the baby:)
  • @Kingsmama... hey :) you were absolutely right and it was the best experience... I am waiting on my blood test results but they said that all looked normal with the baby's neck measurements. I don't think I will have to get the amnio, but the experience was wonderful. I'm really going to be a mom and saw my baby in all it's perfection. I'm sorry that you had to get the amnio, I've heard that it was painful with the needle and all. But I'm glad they didn't have to go into the sac and that all was well with you and the baby... DNA confirmed it's a boy :) Wonderful... keep me posted on the amnio results...
  • @islandgirl... thanks so much. It was a great experience and it was so wild to see the baby completely developed... amazing :)
  • Lucky lucky lucky! I'm jealous :p