Just found out my girlfriend is pregnant

edited March 2011 in Daddy's place
I just found out my girlfriend is 5 weeks pregnant. Were both only 17. Any advice?

Comments

• if your ganna keep it. tell your parents asap. even if their mad. just give it time theyll warm up. im 17 too.
  • Just be there...take any positive advice that you can get...and keep your chin up everything happens for a reason :)
  • I'm only seventeen also(: my bf is eighteen. Everything will be okay!
  • um. b nice. supportive. she is always right. dont ever use the H word. hormones lol. congrats btw. we found out my gf was prego when she was 4 weeks. now she is 12 this forum has been a life saver
  • edited March 2011
    Listen to firsttimedaddy.. he's the best dad on here (in my opinion, no offense to others) & just please, don't ever scare your gf into thinking you're not gonna stay around, like if her hormones make her question it, just reassure her you won't ever do that to her or the baby. Don't get mad when she's mad & goes off, its the hormones, not her. Just agree nicely, say you understand and just be sweet. Keep her happy so baby can be happy. The girls who end up with not so great bfs/husbands, its really hard on the baby & not just the gf/wife. & its just tough on the gf/wife emotionally & its a horrible feeling that doesn't go away.. I speak from experience ):
  • Congrats lil bro :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mommytobe1- me too! Im 17 and my boyfriend is 18. Im 24 weeks. How far along are yoouu??

• @junemomma1 I misscarried on Valentines day at 13w, I miss my little boy ): but were ttc as he finishes fire school
  • Yeah...I know, I know weird. I graduated last December and am currently getting my associates degree and we bought a house (: we'll see what happens...god has a plan
  • Oh wow. That's so crazy. That's so good for you two(: and still going to school, what a great decision. Im only 17 as well and trying to graduate early too. Haha my boyfriend is trying so hard. He just got a full time, 40 hr job, and he's so excited to support me and his son. We.re both still in high school tho. Ha well we.re both doing homeschool.
    how old is ur partneerr?
  • Hes 18. Tried to leave me for the army but I convinced him to stay(: hes doing fire school now and will be done In Sept. I'm excited for you two! Yall are so closee, I'm jealous! And It sounds like yall have everything together(:
  • Haha well we somewhat dooo. We don't live together, which sucks :( but we.re trying to make it happen. Its kind of hard too because im still 17 til September. Haha
    I know! My bf wanted to go to the army too! But he's brother is in the navy, and convinced him not to go into any force.
  • I was 17 when I got preg and 18 when I had her im 30 now and I wouldn't trade my life for anything.I choose the harder path but definetly the right one for me.I didn't have my daughter fathers support and 11yrs later still don't.u sound like ur doing great already.just support each other no matter wht ur in it for life now u don't have to be 2gether but u have to work together. I hope u couples make it.I've been wit my hubby since 1month after my daughter was born.my daughters biological father has been prison on and off for 11yrs.I was 16 when I met my hubby we broke up I got preg by the other guy and a month after she was born my hubby came back and we've been together ever since,id say the hardest part about bein young and stayin together is growing.ur both goin to grow and change and u have to do it together and support each other.
  • @Brian I love you!!
  • @dncrcass thnx (: her but I only know so much cuz im on this app all the time n listenin to moms opinions n their viewes (:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Definitely get your circle of support going, family, friends, local groups for teenage parents. You'd be amazed at the kindness of people when you open up and honestly ask for help. You've got a long way to go before baby gets here, but there's a lot to do. Help your gf as much as you can, but don't forget you'll need help, too. You've taken a good first step in asking us for advice, its always ok to ask for help.
  • Me an my bf was also both 17 when I found out I was pregnant with our daughter we are now 21 an livin on our own...my advice to u is first dont get marry its okay to,be engaged but u get marry because of love not the kid second dnt neither one of u quit school when people see two young people trying to help there selves wit a child u get more help with child car an other souces if u need it the last thing is dont let people put yall down both of u can do it so keep your heads a up an be strong for each other.