This little girl doesnt like nothing sweet! Weird!!! Anyone else!

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
So, I haven't been able to eat anything sweet since I've been prego. Nothing! Last week I bought 2 gallons of my favorite ice cream, tried to crack Rocky Road today and almost thre up. Just left whole foods with my hub and everything that was somewhat sweet turned my nose and stomach. No granola, no sweet sauces, nothing... I can only eat unsweetened fruits, fruit juices and sour stuff... pickles have become my ally... Anyone else with sweet food aversions...

Comments

• Same here, and its crazy cause I have a gallon of rocky road that hasn't been touched. I loved ice cream and chocolate. For Valentines my students bombarded me with sweet nothings and I trashed them all. I'm hooked on banana peppers and only one brand of pickles. This needs to fade before summer, living in Texas I gotta have my snow cones in the summer!!
  • @mamacita0923... too funny... I on the banana peppers too... I guess its probably a good thing, vinegar cuts fat. So, I guess it cuts down on the sugar weight gain. So, as of yesterday, I got a new outlook. Peppers and pickles it is :) Are u due on sept. 23rd? I'm due on the 18th...
  • I can't eat anything sweet either. Not even peanut butter
  • Same here I can't eat sweet cuz it makes me throw up. I can't drink soda either.
  • @snreda... that's funny right! I tried to force myself and tried a bunch of different stuff and finally realized thar SHE is the boss and doesn't want it... So now I listen :) Too funny... this little princess is bossing me already from the womb...
  • @dawnwaarsbaby yes I'm due the 23rd and nervous but yet excited with it being my first. I saw you post things went well with your nuchal so congrats. I go in tomorrow hopefully my doc will do another us, I've had two vaginal us so far due to the increase n my blood pressure. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed since I can't comfort myself with cookies n cream or buttered pecan lol
  • @islandgirl... no soda, dang!! I can drink sprite only in small amounts though... do u know what your having yet? I'm having a girl, I wonder if that has something to do with the picky tastes...
  • @mamacita0923... thanks for the congrats and keep me posted on your us tomorrow... this is my first also and it is exciting and nervous... I wish everyone could get a nuchal, it was the only thing that comforted me... I was so worried... for your bp... try and relax as best u can and think happy thoughts... but on the other hand, anything that gets u seeing your baby is a great thing... Christmas and New Years was great times for us... :) Happy prego and keep me posted!
  • Yup no soda only water and milk. Im 22 weeks and im havin a boy. I missed eating chocolate and soda. I Get so jealous when my bf eat sweet and I can't. Hehehe
  • @islandgirl... u can drink milk... I'm so jealous... I had a glass yesterday and threw up and had a bad time over the royal throne. I got to try another method to get it in my system. I've never been lactose intolerant, so this is crazy... and ur having a boy, Congratulations! I guess we just have picky babies... how cool!
  • I am a sweet teaholic!! I'm 8 weeks today and I haven't been able to drink it, which is good thing because first pregnancy with my son I had gestational diabetes. But tea and chocolate peanut butter icecream are my comfort foods! With my son I craved sweets now this time I crave more salty stuff. Wondering if that means I'm having a girl??? Lol
  • Yes I can drink milk it doesn't make me throw up. Congrats to u too. Anyways u can try orange Ive tried that but I get heart burn from orange juice. Is this ur first baby?
  • @islandgirl... yes, this is my first baby... and i'm so excited... but she's giving me the blues, big time!
  • @islandgirl... yes, this is my first baby... and i'm so excited... but she's giving me the blues, big time!

@nicole10_30_11... If a girl is what you want, I hope you get her... :)