Co~parenting

edited March 2011 in Single moms
Anyone have any luck just being friends and coparenting without being nasty to each other? I say this because after 16 years of only being with my husband we got divorced. Last summer, I finally agreed to go out with someone who was a friend first, took it to a sexual relationship in September. 6 weeks later..oops! We barely had a chance to see if we wld be great together before this shocking news..

Comments

• As for right now we are just friends only..stopped having intercourse once we found out lol
    So far we are getting along trying to cope with how to raise him together in seperate households.
  • I'm friends with my bd too.....It's not about him and I.....its about the baby, so remembering that makes things easier.
  • I'm currently living with my son's dad, and have been since he was born. We were together until my son was 18 months. I moved out but we both decided it was in our sons best interest to live together until he was older. I rent a room in his house and we live our own seperate lives. We've had our spats for sure, but 95% of the time we got along well. Now my sons's almost 5 and I'm expecting baby number 2 (no, she's not my son's dad's daughter) and I'm moving out in a couple of weeks. My son understands somewhat what's going on and is okay with it. It will be hard, and maybe lonely. It's for the best though.
  • i think it would be great to co-parent in different households because who ever you are living with will have to understand that he is the father so he have rights to come get him . I think it will work out because on days u need ur rest, he can come and take the baby. Maybe you can have him during the week and he can have them during the weekend. That seems to work in a lot of cases. He will get to know his mommy and daddy without interferring with each other lives.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I decided this for me and my bd but he doesnt understand wants us to live together but i dont think thts the best thing for our child...
  • My ex lives with me and helps pay rent and we co-parent our 3yr old. I'm 12wks pregnant with his baby and this time he wants nothing to do with this baby. But i sometimes think its best for our son that we live together bc yr a team. But sometimes the stress of living separate lives but then a family can be stressful.
  • As long as you both put the baby first, I'm sure you guys will work it out. ;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My ex and I co parent from seperate households we are good friends and its been pretty great our son is 7 and he loves it but its not for everyone there is a lot of communication and patience involved check online for a class we took one and it helped a tin