anyone have a pit bull with kids ??

Comments

• @gatorbob omg she's beautiful to! I love her muscley build . me an hubby are wanting a blue one also an love the chicken ! I've always liked golden retrievers to my grandma always sed they was the best family dog u could have
  • I do i have two. Them and my 15 month old are bestfriends. he hugs them kisses them pulls on there ears pulls on there lips and i have never had a problem with either of them. First thing my son does in the morning is goes to them and lays his head on them and gives them kisses its so cute. I love pits they are so cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • We got one when our son was fourth months she was two months. He is now 15 months and she is so sweet and is very protective over him. She is a great dog, its not the breed of dog thats bad. They get a bad rap its how they are brought up. She has never made me think twice of her ever hurting him. She was out first pit and definitely wont be the last. She has become a great addition to the family!
  • @jaymasynsmommy beautiful dogs! That first pic is so adorable

@Jessibear that's awesome I'm glad I made this posts I feel a lot better about it now
  • edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry took so long. I had no service all day. This is gooch :)

• @NylasMommy beautiful dog ! He's huge !!
  • @gatorbob omg is soo cute I had a fawn wit the black mask great Dane but had give him up cuz I got put on bedrest an he was 5 months old an already like 75 pounds lol wish I culda kept him
  • Lol thanks, those pics are about 5 months old. Hes much fatter now lol. The vet said he needs to go on a diet.
  • edited December 2012
    @nylasmommy- awww that is a beautiful dog...he has beautiful eyes and I love his coat...I bet u miss him:(
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah they sure are alot of fun. Go get one now.lol
  • My pit was 4 years old when my son was born. She had a lil hard time adjusting cuz she doesn't get nearly as much attention anymore. But I've never had a problem with her n myson. He's 13mos now n she's 5years old n he chases her, pulls her tail, grabs her hair.. sometimes she'll yelp but that's it.
  • Pits are wonderful with children....I have a 2 year old female.....Sadly they have gotten such a bad rep I can see why you would be concerned.....just remember they are not born bad....Shitty people make them bad
  • @JuliansMommy I so want to but idk ugh me an hubby will talk about it wen he gets home on the 12th he wants one bad so I no wat he will say lol

@alilboulding aw that's great thanx !
  • @pregoagainYAY yea I'm not as concerned now since everyone says there great now I just have to decide if I'm ready for the puppy stage lol
  • @juliansmommy thanks gurl. So is ur pit. Damn we got some good looking dogs thats big & buff lol. Nigel misses gooch more than I do. He wants to buy nyla a puppy & I told him im not cleaning after no dog. Cleaning after nyla is enough lol.
  • Good im glad :) No matter how much you love them they will love you and your family so much more <3
  • I have a pit bill/boxer/ American bull dog mix she is a solid 80-90 lbs we call her a brick wall!!! But she is an amazing dog! My son uses her as a step stool all the time and pokes her bites her tail she does not even flinch!!! I have only heard her bark maybe 5 times we were babysitting a friends dog and she was protecting my son like her own!! Like I said she is such an amazing dog!!! But I have seen her destroy marrow bones with one snap so I know how powerful her jaw is but she has never showed aggression!
  • I have two pits! My oldest is Cash and he is about 2 ( We adopted him from the shelter, so we don't have an exact age) and we have a our pup named June, who is 7 months old. They are very gentle and intelligent dogs. We have had Cash for barely a year and since the moment he was brought into this house my boys became his. Lol. He sleeps with my oldest, but goes and checks the baby out every night before bed. I honestly trust my pitties around my children than any other dog. My oldest son has a scare on the bridge of his nose from being bit by a pug, so every dog can be touchy. I'll try to post a picture, but I'm not sure if I know how. Lol.
  • Thanks everybody for responding we have decided to get one but not sure if this month or next month I will post pics wen we get him/her :)
  • I would never get one there just scary wont trust one around my son even if it was raised as a puppy just my opinion
  • They are banned in the UK but my mum has one crossed with a rottweiller and hes the softest dog in the world hes fantastic with my boy. I agree its how yoü raise them and respect them as powerful animals too
  • I've grew up with them my whole life an it really depends on how you raise them. Im personally more scared of little dogs they seem to be more tempermental. My Cocoa dog is the biggest baby ever an she loves my kids so muc,h she watches over them like there hers.
  • I'm with @Roxy and I know my opinion won't be popular but I don't like them and would never have one around my son. I was attacked by a pit four years ago and it was the scariest thing ever. My dog, who was on a leash, and I were walking and this dog came after us completely out of no where. It grabbed my dog by the throat and tried to rip him open. I started screaming and kicking the pit bull to get it off my dog and then it turned on me. If there hadn't been other people at the park who witnessed the attack and got help, I don't know what would have happened. The pit bull had escaped from its yard and the lady swore up and down what a sweet dog it was but my dog had to have surgery and I got 12 stitches in my leg. The pit bull was taken by animal control and euthanized and my parents sued the owners for the vet/hospital bills. It was so scary and to this day I'm really uneasy around pit bulls. I know people say its the owner and not the breed but that was my experience and that's what formed my opinion.
  • I was attacked by a dog when I was really small. (Although I think I was provoking it) crazily enough, it was a golden retriever! I think that stuff like this is hard to judge on breeds alone, other things play into effect as well.
  • @Frantastic omg that's horrible so so scary !

@natashalynn I agree
  • edited December 2012
    @frantastic not to sound mean but you put yourself in the middle of two dogs fighting what did you expect would happen?;...I don't care if it was two poodles, odds are you would have gotten bit. Why did it grab your dog was their growling barking etc?? A dog won't just tun up behind you and attack you...If you kick a dog while its in the middle of defending itself it will bite...period. my moms golden retriever attacked my pit bull, my mom stuck her hand in and got bit, the first thing the first thing the vet said was NEVER try to get in the middle if you dont want to get bit. You can't blame it on the dog being a pit bull you don't know what kind of vibes the two dogs were going off of and again your dogs first intention will always be to protect and other animals pick up on that. I have a 14 month old daughter a 10 year old pit and a 4 year old pom a poo and I promise if you kicked either one of the dogs as a stranger they would bite you and they would have every right to. Look up the stats on the breeds most likely and proven to bite humans...pit bulls are not known for people aggression.

My brothers dog MoJo and Alanah. She loves Mo and Mo loves Alanah they are bestfriends. Mo is a big baby and thinks she is a lapdog.

• @HUPE23_1 that pic is to cute !
  • @kenzie0713 as I said I was walking, the dog charged from behind and grabbed my dog by the throat. I kicked it because it was trying to rip my dogs throat open. I didn't see the dog, my dog and I were on a path and it came out of no where. I didn't just kick it for the hell of it, it was trying to kill my dog that's why I kicked it.