To abort or not to abort...

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Let's play th what if game..
What if you were pregnant, had no job, no car, no home, no support from anyone & lived at a shelter home.... Would you abort ?
Th reason I ask is cuz I hear alot of woman sayin they weren't financially stable so they aborted.
I personally wouldn't.. I prefer to suffer a couple months til I get a job and I could always use th bus for transportation and still have my bundle of joy by my side every night instead of bein financially stable and suffering every day because I killed my baby.
What do yall ladies think?

Comments

• This will b drama post in 5....4...3....2.....1 lol
    I think life is precious period..
  • I wouldn't. If you had no job or car im not sure how you could afford to abort. I gave my son up for adoption since I wasn't able to take care of him financially.
  • A lot of adoption agencies will put a roof over your head and help you through your pregnancy. Abortion is never the only option.
  • Everyone will have different views this topic will never ride smoothly nor will it not cause drama
  • @Mommyto1soontob2 lets hope we can have a normal discussion lol

@blissmarie23 there are some places tht do those things for free though. Do you regret givin up your baby now tht yur stable?

@addi3886 me neither
  • I believe in adoption. My humble opinion moms who choose abortion are only thinking they can't handle being pregnant for 9 months then pass baby to strangers. It's a fear thing.
  • I wouldn't abort. There are all kinds of government programs set up to help women in these types of situations until they get on their feet.
  • @rockinmomma so yu wouldn't ?
  • I think there is never an excuse besides mental disease for you to be that down and out. Life is hard for a reason. If you have time to be out having sex, you probably have time to be out finding a job. The amount of governement assistance nowadays is craaazy, theres never an excuse. Plus...there are soo many leople who would love to appreciate that blessing. Sometimes things are bigger than yourself..
  • I agree, sometimes I think people do it for there own convenience not th babies.
  • I'm Pro Choice but I couldn't personally do it but wouldn't judge somebody else for it.
  • @I_anaya I wouldn't. I would give that baby a chance at life. There are so many wonderful people who would love and give that child a great life. My own personal circumstances do not justify taking a life, but thats just me. I believe every woman has the right to choose what she does with her body, her baby.
  • I wouldn't there are plenty of people who want children and so if that were the case I would adopt out
  • I also do not believe in abortions.
  • would not
  • @I_anaya. That's a good question! I can't say that I do or don't regret giving him up for adoption. It would depend on the day. I do regret sleeping with someone I barely knew. And I have felt betrayed and hurt toward my parents for their lack of support. If I had had any family support I might have decided to keep my son. But ultimately it wasn't their fault I got pregnant. I do miss my son and wish I knew how he was doing. I haven't really gotten an update (my choice) since he was 6 months old. He's 8 1/2 now. I do believe that I made the best choice considering my circumstances at the time.
  • What if adoption wasnt an option? You either abort or keep him?
  • If your having unprotected sex, you know the consequences. Put the "big girl panties" on and deal with it.....if you don't want "it" then there's adoption, no need to make yourself a murderer! Sooooo no, I wldnt abort EVER.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mama_underpants but what if it wasn't 'unprotected' sex. No protection is 100%. I was on the pill and used condoms n still got pregnant.

What if going through pregnancy would put your life at risk? Would abortion still be a definate no no?
  • I would keep it even if I couldn't afford it I would go to a womens shelter and get on my feet before it was born
  • edited May 2011
    I think unless medicly nessasary I wouldn't do it just personally but I am pro choice and that's just what my choice would be
  • I would keep my child if adoption wasn't an option.
  • @blissmarie23 I think th only way I could give my baby up is if I never saw u/s pics, knew th sex, or saw/held him after birth. It's a really hard thing to do, I think I would cry every night for a looong time.
    You're very strong for doin it though & not choosing th easy way out. Did you do an open adoption ? ( I think thts what its called) where yu can see th baby if yu wanted to?
  • @mama0811 im not aware of any similar topic ?
  • @mama0811 I personally think the subject isn't discussed enough in these sort of places. It's a decision that people make everyday weather others agree with it or not and I think they need as much info and support as anybody else does. When I got pregnant all I could find was happy stories of pregnancy and horror stories of abortion or purely the technical side. Although I wouldn't personally have had an abortion I wanted to hear from people who had had to make the c&pixels no matter what they decided. how else can anybody make an informed choice?
  • @bambi_bump k, so if your having ANY kind of sex , there is consequences. And girl you sound just as fertile as me! Lol
    Here's the deal, I was sep from my husband, and I am preg by a diff man. My baby will be a diff race and I am back with my hubby and he knows she ain't his "dna". And I still am keeping her.
    I wld never have aborted her, if I felt I cldnt handle it, I would think adooption...
    And also, if it put my life at risk or something being preg, then so be it, I don't want to someday die anyways, knowing that an innocent bbys blood is on my hands!
    Wow sorry bout that, just wtf is all these abortion posts? I never comment on them but geeesh!
This discussion has been closed.