Comments

• Yea of course after u pointed it out! If u was offended maybe u should have went to mama_Kat like u eventually did instead of getting on here and making a mockery of it! JMO
  • Although the word is generally considered pejorative, its usage is not always overtly offensive and can be fairly benign depending on the context. Though perhaps once considered strictly offensive, it appears that the term may be going through a phase of melioration, where the negative connotation of an ethnic slur is "reclaimed" by those it is directed against and used in a neutral or even positive manner..
  • Yep. Mexicans can't eat anything without tortillas.lol I think its quite funny.
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @luvbump some ppl really go out of their way just to be a bi***
  • Not to mention, I CLEARLY stated I was trying to LIGHTEN THE MOOD. I actually made a few Pissed off preglys laugh.. ask @wallieheadbaby3... it was NOT a stab at YOUR food or YOUR parties... on that note, peace... im out.
  • edited July 2011
    B-)
  • @hot2cold87 please show me where I made a mockery of anything. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else or another thread.
  • Exactly @excitedforbaby its Mexican bread pretty much.
  • What does a beaner describe? Someone who likes beans?

Haha @blueberrysmom I learned that Wikipedia wasn't a reliable source. Anyone can edit/add things to it.
  • @excitedforbaby True. However, it is a common term as a standard Google search will show.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kaloresxcierre Yes and deal. :ar! Thanks, love.
  • I hear Mexicans use it amongst themselves. She was saying why does he have to eat like a Mexican everytime. Haha I get it. My bf is Mexican and it seems like he can't live without them. I really don't understand why. I don't think it was a racial comment and she was talking about her man, not anyone else @blueberrysmom
  • edited July 2011
    Its not that she was using it negatively. Its that its an offensive term (maybe not to you). That's like saying my brother in law eats like a n**** because all he wants is chicken and he's black. If I said that word, alot of people would be pissed. And half my family are african american! It doesn't make it ok to say, just because it doesn't offend YOU....now, back to my fettuccini alfredo and tons of garlic bread. Ciao.
  • I never hear the n word with that statement @sissylala (o ha you changed that name). I hear "he eat like a black person" or "he must be black" lol
  • Neither would I... but that's not the point... other people would. I personally could care less because racism is lame and terms of racism are even lamer... honestly no ones bloodline is "purebred" anymore anyway.. lol
  • @addi3886... no love, not for you, lol
  • @excitedforbaby... I was referencing her statement of "eat like a beaner" if you were to substitute one race for the other it would be considered offensive
  • edited July 2011
  • edited July 2011
    I agree with blueberrysmom she used a racist slur and its not ok nxt time she wants to comment and actually wants support she should watch what she writes
  • I understand @firsttimemommytobe, that's why I said its understood she wasn't purposly being offensive to her race, its the term itself that could be found offensive, lol.
  • She's talking about her own husband, people. Not anyone on here.
  • @addi3886... where in south texas?
  • I have friends from corpus! Im in west houston.. not tooooo far.. 3 1/2 Hrs or so...
  • edited July 2011
This discussion has been closed.