Rant people and dogs

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm really tired of listening to people complain about pitbulls. Any dog can turn on anybody. Not just pitbulls. Dogs behave the way you train them to. Sadly people use them for fighting so of course you hear more attack stories. I have a pitbull and I am pregnant with my third. She is so good with the kids. My 5 yr old rides on her back and she sleeps with them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but please stop putting down this breed. Rant over

Comments

• Agreed!!
  • My friend has a pitt she's the biggest baby and tedy bear I've seen she thinks she's a small dog.
  • Totally agreed! Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm guessing u like pit boss and pit bulls and parolees? I hate that states r banning the breed :( they r so lovable if treated right.
  • agreed!! i have a pocket pitt andshes the biggest baby ever lol i love her to bits
  • Agreed! I have 3! I love my bbys!
  • Agreed! !!! We have 4dogs one is a pit sweetest thing our shitzu who is younger runs the house n she lets her...my 6 year old rides her n loves her boy she follows him around like a shadow
  • I have two small dogs and hubby and I were walking our dogs tonight and someone had their huge pitpull in their front yard. I have to admit I crossed the street and was still scared. I don't mean to affend you but if you have ANY large dog I feel you should be extra carfeul and know people will be afraid.
  • Small dogs can do damage 2.
  • @jazzi89 what's a pocket pit? I mean I have a 3lb Chihuahua who acts like a pit sometimes lol.
  • My friends pit is sooo friendly. He's a sweetheart.
  • No offense taken. I dont really get nervous when I see any large dog barking at me. Doesnt matter if its a st bernard, golden retriever or pit. But large or small a dog is protecting its territory. The dogs job is to alert you that a strange person is close.
  • I'm a groomer never been bit by a pit but been bit by numerous poodles doxies Chihuahuas small dogs are way worse than big dogs.....crossing the street n acting scared of a big dog is one way to get attacked. Dogs feed off your energy. Would be better to sing a song walk briskly in front of their fence as if they aren't there not even look their way...if there in a fence u shouldn't fear them....pocket pits r pitbulls just short n stout so cute!!
  • ah Ty @azmom for the clarification :)
  • @azmom I know but it's easier said then done.... This dog looked like it was going to jumo over it's fence even my hubby said that dog shouldn't be out front like that and he likes pits.

@aalamillo I agree small dogs can do damage too but most people will just shrug them off. I have a pug and a miced dog and they couldn't hurt a fly.... lol their best friends with our cat.
  • @jess510 my pit is very dog friendly but she is terrified of little dogs. I was walking her when my neighbors schnauzer came running after and she was so scared she ran up under our truck and peed everywhere.

@azmom couldnt agree with you more
  • Don't they have a jaw that locks or something? Could be why they get such a bad rep.
  • @kingsmomma I love pit bulls and parolees. My hubby and I ordered shirts that say 'if it aint pit it aint shit' the only problem is our 8 & 5yr old want shirts just like it
  • @MommaCass - yes They do. Witch is part of the reason once they latch on to something its hard to get them to let go. I have two pit chow mixes. I've had either breed or both all my life. Which is how I ended up with the pit chow mixes. Someone let our pit who was in heat out n she backed right up to my chow b4 we could get to her.

Both momma dog n daddy dog were good natured sweet dogs but if you even raised your voice at me or tried to walk in my house without my OK, well theyed happily load your butt right back into your car. And their babies, my two mixes are the same way. N I can call um off anything except each other. LOL. Brothers...
  • I have a pitbull boxer mix and shes a sweety. I have a 3 y/o that will not leave her alone. I feel the same way you do. When I got her my mom was like omg I can't believe you got a pit and you have a 3 y/o and telling me they turn on you and everything.. I'm sick of that too. She's my lil sweety :)
  • Pit bulls DO NOT have locking jaws. http://www.realpitbull.com/myths.html
    If raised properly with proper manners and direction they are amazing pet. Both of mine are rescues and I wouldn't trade either of them for anything :)
  • I agree with this ... I don't have a pit but I do have a "Teddy bear" dog that EVERYONE loves but she snaps at people! But I bet you no one would ever say anything about her being around my baby because she's just so cute and fluffy. -__-

We're going to wait and see how she treats my boy when he's born :/
  • Clearly nobody has seen the movie cujo.... Lol hes not even a pit he was like one of those husky dogs and he turned. I love dogs hate cats. I see it as if u take care of ur dog then u will b fine. And he wont turn, out like cujo :L
  • I have a female pitbull and she's like a big baby she loves my daugthers and she is really friendly my bf says she's a pussy! Lmao
  • What I was trying to say is yes their jaws "lock" when the grab their pray. There is not an actual body part/physical aspect of the dog that locks their jaw shut. Its an expression used because they have such strong jaws. If I remember right its the 2nd strongest jaw in any breed. So if They have something and they really don't wanna let go you better have something to pry their mouth open cuz your hands wont do it.
  • Agreed. Ppl r idiots. Anything to 'go with the crowd' and say what they think everyone else is saying.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    @Fashion_Junky91 the only reason cujo was like that was cuz he had rabies that's y he went rapid n crazy lol
  • I agree, stop dogging on pits! My dad had a pitbull-rotty when I was growing up and she was an awesome dog! Never hurt a fly except for one time when a guy was fallowing me home from school and approached me. I have no clue what he wanted cause Flash snarled and bit his hand when he reached out towards me. She was a good dog :)
  • edited July 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.