Heroine Exposure

Comments

• Idk why anyone would tell you to 'keep looking'. That baby isnt any less than any other, just needs a lil extra love & i think you two have just that! :) having read how much you guys are looking towards parenthood, im soo excited for you!! Im gonna say a prayer that the little one gets placed with you!!

I dont know too much about hroine, but i knew a lady that had a crack problem in her first trimester and hr baby is perfect!!
  • How very strange. My best friends cousin just had a baby at 34 weeks, she was on heroin then methadone but they think she continued using [heroin] throughout. The baby was born almost 7 weeks early, only 4 lbs I believe by c-section as a semi-emergency. (They told her baby needed to come out asap and scheduled a c-section next morning)
    All I know other than that is baby is still in nicu and she had her a couple weeks ago. The baby was having trouble breathing on her own. As far as direct consequences I'm not sure, this is the only experience I know of with a pregnant mother and heroin
  • @all ... well friends, all of our research was for nothing...

BM went into early labor and delivered yesterday afternoon. (baby girl seems healthy at birth) Our agency traveled the 3 1/2 hours out to Wilkes-Barre PA today to present the profiles that she seemed interested in when she was read them over the phone. We've been sitting by the phone all day in a ball of nerves and just got the call.

They were told when they got there that she would never pick a gay family (even though she already told them that she was interested in us). The agency says that right now she seems more interested in what family is going to be able to pay off more of her bills than who will best care for the baby. They aren't even convinced right now that she isn't a scam artist who might have no intention at all of placing the baby for adoption and is just looking for $$.

We are devastated. Not sure how many times we can do this....

• I'm so sorry =(( that's horrible some people just make me sick!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • :( that's so sad it seems she shouldn't even get the choice to choose if that's all she's bothered about!
  • I had a friend growing up who was born addicted to heroin. She was small and thin but other than that she was healthy. She did have mental health issues, but I think that was caused by her super crazy abusive mother, not exposure to heroin.
  • Im pretty sure all will be ok .. baby will have some kinda withdrawals the first few days and also u may want too look into weather she injected and get tests done on baby if she has as she might of shared needles and there is all sorts out there :-)
  • Im so sorry i didnt read all posts
  • Stay stong guys and NEVER give up! Sending lots of love ur way.
  • No Matter What God Has A Plan For Yu Goodluck & God Bless
  • thanks ladies...
  • Maybe its a sign that certain bubba wasmt for u .. u two deserve the best so maybe thats why god changed her silly mind
  • That is so wrong of that lady! She is not a momma at all....simply pimping out her uterus for money. Shame on her! Sorry guys!
  • That is soooo horrible. I wish I knew someone looking to place their baby BC you guys have been so supportive to all of us and have gone through so much. Good luck guys!!! God will bring y'all the most perfect little family as soon as as its your season
  • Have you ever considered a surrogate?
  • Im so sorry that some ppl find it so easy to play on the emotions of others. Then again sounds like she doesn't have the best judgement anyway. Praying for y'all and that baby. I hope she is raised in a loving home.
  • I am so sorry you guys must be so heartbroken, I hope one day your miracle will come
  • This is heartbreaking!! Your just as good a family as any straight parents!! I'm prayering this baby as the best chance at life!! With a good family. Mom seems incompetent & greedy! Poor lil child....
  • We're beyond sad for us but even moreso for that little girl if her mother keeps her. She will likely grow up with an addict for a mother who views her child as a means to maintain her habit. Im terrified to think about this little girls possible future...
  • This attitude that some mothers have towards you make me really angry. I really feel like its less them choosing who will raise their child best and more acting out on what makes them uncomfortable.

AAARGH. I hate people so much sometimes.
  • Do you guys want a newborn? I know a family looking to place a child...but he's 2 1/2... If I remember correctly, I live near u (in glassboro). Idk how they feel about a gay family, but I'm just throwing it out there.
  • My sister has been fostering him since he was two weeks old. They [birth family] won't let her adopt him because we are Jehovah's Witnesses and he "won't get Christmas" even though he is a part of us now and the birth mom is a drug addict. Go figure. Anyway, he has delays from the drugs, but overall is very charming and just needs a home. But I know most adopting families want the newbies.
  • Well ladies.. I thought would share this continued drama that we've been dealing with this week. Got a call from or agency early in the week saying that the bm had a change of heart about both US and a single mom who is with the program.

After the birth, the baby was transferred to a different hospital with a larger neo natal unit. The baby was born with traces of the methodone, as well as heroine, valium, opium and zanex . And the mother tested pos for hep c. The Dr believed that there was a slight chance of downs syndrome. Both us and the single mom were willing to go forward with the adoption so all the bm had to do was pick a family.

Then the new hospital PA child services (they evidently had to by PA law due to all the drugs). BC they were called, the bm freaked out and has now disappeared, abandoning the baby. We don't expect her to resurface. If she doesn;t in the next couple days, the baby will go into the system.

This has been a crazy past week and a half for us, but I feel so bad for this little girl. I pray that she finds a safe, loving and secure home.
  • Oh no! How terrible for her to go in the system when there's so many who want her. : (
  • Soo sad! I pray she beats the odds and has little to no effects from the drugs. How you two holding up?
  • I am sorry guys. I hope you get your baby soon :)
  • We're ok... we've been back and forth with this bm so many times that we feel dizzy.

It just kills me that someone could knowingly do this to their baby.
  • Can you continue to go through with the adoption if the baby is put into the system? My heart goes out to you guys and this little girl. I hope that she gets placed with a loving home and is able to over come the obstacles she was born into. And may she always know that someone did want her such as you guys.
  • Or maybe the little girls father can sign over rights if anyone knows where he is?