To all mommies that have been induced****

Comments

• @jay_brad I had asked my dr if there was anything I should do or shouldn't do but he said no. So I'm totally eating lol. I go in at 7am in the morning.
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses I'm getting someone to sneak me some food in after I deliver lol ;)
    @rckprincess2 aw I'm jealous!!! Good luck! :)
  • That's odd they told me to eat before since we didn't know how long it'd be.

I don't think you'll have to have anyone sneak you food. My hubby went and got us McDonald's after I had her cuz it was the only thing open lol
  • @navybayonway ill b OK w McDonald's!! I'm just not big on hospital food lol.
  • Went in on monday at 3pm @1cm and thick. Received 3 doses of cytotect only to make it to 1.5cm and 75%. Tuesday a.m. started pitocin and broke water. Went through 3 bags of pit, 2 epidurals and 3 boosters. Lillian was born wednesday a.m. @7:02. 9#5 22 1/2 inches long. Small tear and she cracked my tailbone. Horrible back labor, wanted to go natural but it didn't happen.
  • @eaparker congratulations!! Happy to hear that you got to have her vaginally!! :)
  • I'm so not saying this to scare you, but...
    I was induced on the 24th. The contractions were horrible because of the Pitocin. And, when the doctor broke my water, he noticed she had a bowel movement, so they started flushing my system with fluids & Pitocin to speed up labor. I ended up going 14 hours, the epidurals ( I had 4) didn't work whatsoever, so I ended up having a c-section. Now, as bad as it all may sound, I don't remember much. & a c-section isn't as bad as I though it would be. Believe me, once you hold your baby, your forget everything about labor. :) Good luck!!
  • @babymcbride8_27 thank you for your story Hun! I'm glad you n baby are OK!! :)
  • I was induced 2x and both went really well only about 6hrs and baby was here
  • Just had my baby girl about 48 hours ago via induction. Went in monday night @ 8 and was 70% effaced and less than 1cm. Was given cervadil and sent to my room to sleep. Next morning ae 9 was started on pictocin....was having non registering contractions (i couldn't feel them....but the monitors said they were there). Painful ones started at lunchtime. they broke my water at 410 and she was born with three pushes about 10 minutes later. Good luck to you!
  • @babynum2andproud aw yay!! Any advice?? :)
    @bethybaby thanks for sharing your story!! And thannk ya! I can't wait to hold my little one :) :x
  • Just take it moment by moment no expectations so no disappointments
  • I went in to be induced the 20th I was a loose 3cm and 50%.. started pitocin at 12:30pm at 8:30pm I was barely 5cm and got the epidural, broke my water then was 6cm.. 3am on the 21st I was 9cm 30 min later I was ready to push!1 my baby girl was born at 3:48am aug.21st :) vaginally! Long labor though.. my son I went into labor on my own and it was only 6hrs long
  • @lily_glz congratulations!! I hope I can have my son vaginally!! Gosh I.hope hope hope!!!! I just wanna hold my.little Guy!! :) :x can't wait!!
  • Went in to get induced...doc told me that I still had time to go into natural labor...that was a fail. Was in labor for 2 days...had 2 epidurals (first was a fail) then ended with a csection...that was with my first kid. With my second I just had a scheduled csection
  • @allie8955 ee! I don't like the "c" word lol :( :-S :O
  • @august22baby so did you succeed vaginally??
  • edited September 2011
    Ok so now that both my little ones are asleep I can tell. You how mine went. I was induced at 5am with both of my girls (16 months apart) one at 41 weeks and one at 39 weeks 3 days. My doctor broke my water both times around 8am. I was able to eat jello and italian ice all day as well as drink water and juice. Both of mine were sunny side up so my labor was stalled from that, especially since it was back labor. As soon as they turned I dilated very fast. My first was 37 minutes pushing time and second was 4 pushes. Both labors were 21 hours. When I went in with both I was only dilated 1.5cm and 40% effaced with my first and 60% (I think) with my second :)
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses thanks for your stories!!! (*) is there anything I should be doing (*or not doing) to help have a successful induction?? :)
  • I was induced @ 37wks exactly. I was @ a 1 when i went in. they gave me cerdavil (vaginal pill to help cervix) @ 2am at 5am my water broke on its own. they gave me nubain (sp.) and it helped with pain. @ 10:30 i was dialated to a four and got my epi. at noon i was to a 5 and by 1:30 a strechy six.

I had high blood pressure (PIH) and preeclampsia and Levis heartrate began to drop during contractions, then between contractions. they had me on a magnesium drip and my blp was rising. they were worried about me and baby not making it to ten cm and being too wore out! For our safety it resulted in a c-set. i am terrified of needles, blood, surgery...and i will have to say that was the easiest part of the whole day! it's not horrible like we like to think it will be!

Good Luck to you and I hope all goes well. Remember each mommy, baby, and delivery is unique and special!
  • edited September 2011
    keep us posted on ur delivery!
  • @vanalkr thank you for sharing :) glad to hear you n baby are OK! ;;)
  • Keep a clear mind, don't tense up, and relax your body as much as possible! Walk the halls, bounce on the ball, even use the shower if they let you! Don't let them push you into anything you aren't comfortable with unless its 100% needed :)
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses I notice that on the shows I watch (*baby's first day*a baby story etc*) most of the inductions that end in c section happen cause they break water too soon?? How many cm should I allow them to break my water???
  • That's up to you hun, everyone is different, but I allowed my doctor to break mine at 1.5cm both times and had no problems and I had looooong labors.
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses well thanks for all the advice.. I want to try to have my baby without an epi sooo I'm just trying to have a short labor.. well short as possible n still b healthy for the little one :x %%-
  • Not a problem hun! :) like I said, relax during contractions as much as you can, try not to tense up and it helps the pain!
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses thanks for advice!! You're such a great mentor! :) You and mommy2isaiahngiselle (*think that's her name??) Should be apart of admin!! I think :) :x
  • I was induced with pitocin at 40 weeks. I was 80% effaced and about 4cm dilated. I had a 6 hour labor and pushed for an hour. Delivered vaginally with 2 tears. After they broke my water pain was intense!!!! That's when I got the epi. Baby was perfect and I felt great after!