Anyone feel like explaining what happens when you're induced?

edited September 2011 in Labor
I think my title says it all lol... I wanna know what to expect. I'm becoming so anxious, nervous, scared.... so many different emotions.

Comments

• i just read a post about being induced & im still like :/

i wanna know about this too!!!
  • I'm glad u posted this.. ftm,getting induced Sunday and scared LOL
  • Whenever I was induced they started giving me pitocin and broke my water. They would keep giving me more pitocin until my contractions got harder and closer.
  • edited September 2011
    In all 5 of mine, I would go in at night, they would place a cervidil on my cervix to soften it, then once it got soft, they would start pitosin to make strong contractions and dialate.. I would dialate to 5 and get an epidural, then they would wake me up to tell me to push. I would push a few times, and baby "slides right out"... as one very special pregly put it... ;) ...

And somewhere between the pitosin and the epidural they would break my water..
  • @sissylala
    U make it sound so easy lol. How was the pain u experienced from the pitocin? & about how long did it take for you to reach 5 cm?
  • I have a VERY high tolerance for pain... I only felt a few contractions between pitosin and epidural.. and it took me about 4 hours to get to 5 cm... average is 1cm per hour, but that's definitely not always the case.. ESPECIALLY in ftms..
  • I will say that if you DON'T plan on getting the epi, I would try to refrain from taking the pitosin. Pit is a bitch because it brings on very strong contractions very quickly and it stresses your body out
  • @sissylala
    is it possible to refuse pitocin in an induction situation?? Thats the part im the most nervous about.. that the pitocin dose will be high but wont make any changes in dialation.. I've been stressing all day long :(
  • @Misty2011
    thank U for that link. How long were your labors?
  • @babiescomin2011
    Im soo scared its not even funny... idk what im gonna do, i feel like i might cry when they start hooking me up tonight lol
  • If you get an epidural, do you still feel the "ring of fire"? The burning sensation
  • Don't be scared.

I was in labor for ten hours. I was at 3cm whenever I went in at 8am and I finally dilated to 10 at around 520 and pushed for a little over an hour.
  • @k_baBix0 just keep your mind on your baby and not the pain as best u can. The pain is temporary,your little one will be here to make u smile forever. ;)
  • I was induced on the 31st at 7:30am and had my baby girl at 12:37pm the same afternoon. I was at a 4 when they broke my water and started pit and they only upped the dosage once or twice I think because I was going fast. I opted out of epi wanting to do it all natural (which wasnt my original plan) and it hurt but Im glad for no epi. The experience was how I wanted it to be. I just think it all depends on how you go in to the hospital that day. Good luck!
  • Does it hurt when they break your water?
  • The thing is, this post will probably do more harm than help because everyones body reacts differently, thus meaning all situations will be unique. Inductions are routine and done a million times over, so trust that you will have a good experience!im sure most mommas will agree that you forget about the pain once baby arrives anyway!
  • @Carsons_mommy
    I wanna know too, but ive only seen people speak of feeling pressure when having to push with an epi... idk, i hope not though
  • @sissylala
    i get that, but im a research diva, and I just like knowing what to possibly expect than to go in with any knowledge of the things that could take place, but thanx for sharing your experience. I hope mine will go smoothly
  • @babiescomin2011
    i keep thinking about Friday.. lol, it'll all be over with on Friday hopefully and ill have my munchkin :)
  • I understand wanting to know what to expect. That's natural. BUT... things don't always go as expected, and with that being said, it could cause you even MORE stress because of your own presumptions of how things were "supposed" to go. Just try to relax and trust your drs. If something doesn't seem right, QUESTION IT. don't be afraid to ask questions, or make your wishes known. YOU CAN REFUSE ANYTHING!
  • @k_baBix0 you will!! Good luck momma ;)
  • I would tell you my story but it would scare you :( good luck!!
  • Ty for posting this bc I'm curious as hell too! Ur getting induced this Fri? I'm getting induced on 9/25 eeekkkk
  • @RizzyChicky
    Im getting induced 4am this wednesday!!!!! Im so nervous lol, im gonna do my best to give detailed updates through out this whole process
  • @pnsw524
    :( atleast baby and u are here and safe now!
  • Aahh omg yes update us please! How far along are you? In weeks and dilation? I'm due 9/18, but I'm only 0.5 cm dilated (as checked last Thurs) :-/ hmmph. That's why I'm pretty sure I'll have to get induced anyway.
  • @rizzychicky
    Im due on 9/17 lol, where were u when i wanted a DD buddy????? lol. As of yesterday, according to my midwife/doctor, im nearly 2cm dialated and im 39+3... She says shes coming to my house tonight to help me do some excercises to stimulate my dialation to progress the induction... hoping it all works out for the best b.c i am so anxious!
  • I hope it works for u too! Let me know what kinda excersises u do! I wanna do them too lol. I was on Pregly in April :-( But got kicked out for 2-3mos since I signed on with my gmail account. I just realized a month ago I could have emailed one of the mods lol to get back in!
  • lol, i dont know what i would do for 3 months w/out pregly lmao. But, ive been walking some, and bouncing around the house on this ball, so hopefully she shows me something new tonight. i'll come back to this post to update u after shes finished!