hair extensions????

edited October 2011 in Just for Fun
So just curious if anyone has ever gotten hair extension's and if so do you like them and is it expensive???

Comments

• I never have had them but that's BC whenever I looked into it, the good ones were really expensive. Bump for ya though
  • never had them..but they are around $300-$500 but they can last for up to 6 months..
    Im talking about the good kind too
  • YouTube how to make and so them ur self
  • Yep..i get sew ins pretty often. Getting it done isnt expensive but getting good hair is. Remy hair is the best & it can cost about $50 a pack but it is GREAT hair & it can be reused. Its worth it to me. I love it!
  • I used to get the sew ins as well. My hair was $350 and then I would get them tightened each month at that would cost me $100 a month...which I didnt think was to bad considering it would take an hour to take them out then I would leave them with my stylist over night so she could condition them then I would come back the next day and spend an hour having her put them back in. I will say that if you leave them in to long that your hair can start to fall out.
  • @mimii36 where do yu live? Remy 50$ a pack will get yu some ok hair out here lol
    but uhm I've had them used to get them all thee time.. id pay 100$ a pack for my hair which for a full sew in yu need 2 packs.. and for thee sew in ipaid 250$ it lasted abt 4 months almost... but there is hair much cheaper.. ialways got thee expensive hair because it looked more natural
  • The salon I work at does them ...they start at 900 Plus the cost of hair ...they stay in for months but u have th have them adjusted as the hair grows
  • Oh wow lol I didn't know they coast that much!!!
    I wanted to get them before I get remarried because I have short hair and it grows super slow .......
  • Hell yea..I love my hair weave lol
  • @abbys_mommy it all depends on where yu go and thee length yu want it.. and thee kind of hair yu get.. 900$ it better come with thee hair or free make up lmao...
    there is real indian hair yu can get for 250 a bundle which come with 4 oz for a full head yu need 8oz but thee hair last a whole year and its actual human hair... other hair that says human isn't 100% human its manufactured so some is human and some is plastic lol... ican go on for hrs abt weave

Also it depends on what kind of weave yu get.. sew in.. glue in... malaysian pole weaved... infusion...
  • I would reccomend the sew in ones....the glue in always ruined my hair..and my moms when she tried it.
  • Ive had glue in's and clip ins real hair, 80 bucks to do it yourself.... Sally's beauty supply stores. Just match your hair color and good to go! ezpz
  • ooo and my hair dresser sewed them in once.... for free so Idk. I bought them a dvd on how to do it for 10 bucks and they got to experiment on my head lol
  • OOO ya I forgot about my clip in ones they were awesome! The hair was super nice and I could just clip them in for special occasions and they didnt ruin my hair!
  • Lmao @mommimisha , I was thinking thw same thing for $900 got dang, that's celebrity status...but yea dat stuff expensive!
  • I got clip ins from sallys beauty supply for a lil over 100, it's real hair that you can straighten and wash. I like them. I especially like that I can take them out and back in whenever I want.
  • Hahaha for real... iwas like 900$ igot a baby comin.. do yu knw what ican get with 900$ LMAO @MissQ_1stTimeMommy2B
  • Iagree with yu @ashley_smashley id go with sew ins I've never got glue ins before.. too scared it might make my hair fall out..

But clip in are ok depending on yur grade of hair...
  • For my wedding last year bought the $100 clip ins from a beauty supply store.... I ended up not using them but when they were in it totally blended in with my hair and you couldn't tell. A much cheaper alternative to the sow in or glue in ones
  • I have gotten sewed ins, the one with jello...
    I payedd 500 for sewed in withh hair included & 600 with jello..
    I cant live without extensions lol
    But now i usee clip ons
    I recomend thosee! You can put them on & it wont damage ur hair the other extensions messes up ur hair ! & u can take them off before going to bed
  • Well I do my own sew ins and I get virgin Indian hair.(meaning real hair and it can last a year if you treat it well) but depending where you get the hair it can cost between 200-700 for 8oz which is a full head.

Here's a pic. Sorry for the outfit one of my modeling pics.

• @jenniiee sew ins are actually hood for hair because of the fact that it keeps your hair up and away from heat and chemical damage.
  • Maybe I'll have to look into the clip on for now!! Thanks ladies!!!!
  • @yaya theyre are not good because when you shower all the dirt stays there in the braid...you have to blow dry the braid so i wont smell bad & so it wont break ur hair & it doesnt let ur hair grow right
  • It depends on your hair texture which 1 is right for u, sew-ins are good for my hair, it helps it grow because I don't have to put chemicals or heat on it and it doesn't smell.
  • @mommimisha well ya I was just telling her the cheapest is about $50...they def have some thats much more expensive! Lol. But ive actually used the brand "Janet" & it works good too. But the place I go to only charges $50 for a partial sew in(with your front out). & it last about 4 months too.
  • It only takes out dead ends and spilt ends but it makes your hair grow. Idk how you maintain yours but when I get it my hair goes at least 2-3inches every time and way more healthy. @jenniiee
  • @jenniie sew ins worked wonderful for my hair no damage at all what so ever.. with my hair type Idnt have to wash it too often so it doesn't get really smelly lol so iguess their are pros and cons... depending on thee hair type

@mimii36 ineed to come to yur home town lol everything is so expensive here people are all abt thee money and what they can get from yu... I used to use indi remi by bobby boss.. excellent hair...
  • I have 20 inch clip in extensions. That are 100 % human hair. I got them from hello gorgeous hair extensions. It was $99 for an 8 piece clip set. They're really nice, long, and thick.
  • I get em sewed in & quick weaves extensions for so african americans are.cheaper than for other races the hair doesn't mix unless you get indian hair