Yes another breastfeeding question...but I needed you guys opinions Please!!!??

edited November 2011 in Breastfeeding
For moms that work a 9-5 and exclusively breastfeed!!! How did/does it for you?? I'm going back to with on the 14th and getting wic, they are encouraging me to do this since I'm already doing it exclusively . They are big breastfeeding advocates!! They are willing to give me a medulla(sp) double breasted pump if I exclusively feed, no formula!! Idk if I'll be able to do it successfully...I've never done that before.

Comments

• I believe your work is required to provide you with a private non bathroom space to pump. I go back in a week and plan to pump every two-three hours.
  • I think the above comment is.correct. the school I subbed at for years was required to give their teachers a place to pump throughout the day. Contact your boss/supervisors and see what they are willing to do to help.you make it possible.
  • yup, your work is required to provide a private room and breaks by law to pump...i know here in oregon we have HUGE breastfeeding rights and laws
  • Thanks you guys , but I meant being successful with my milk supply!! I'm sure my job would be cooperative as far giving me the time to pump.
  • Well as long as you pump when you should then your milk supply will remain successful!
  • I started wrk today, i pumped every 2 hrs and i feel great, i had about 4oz every breast each time, i say try it... ;)
  • Pump every 2-3 hours at work & breastfeed on demand at home! Thats what im going to do. And WIC gave my a double electric ameda pump, in addition to a compatable ameda habd pump at an earlier visit
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok thanks everyone!!
  • wic will also let you.do both if you need to they just don't give you as much formula as a they do for they ones that don't breastfed I think it's like four cans a month.
  • I just started back to work this week and I am tring to pump enough for when he is at the sitter but it is hard. Guess I need to pump some on my off days too
  • @traci84lucas pump right after you nurse. You will get the most then cause thats when the let down is strongest
  • I have been back at work for 5 Weeks pumping during the day and BF in the afternoons and night. I try to pump every 3-4 his since that is the schedule he is on right now. Its worked out great so far and I'm really glad I chose to do it this way instead off giving it up. I enjoy the bonding time in the afternoons after a long day at work.
  • @Proudmommy8789 I don't get much after he feeds
  • does he feed from both breast? if not pump the breast he fed from then the breast he didnt