Worried!

edited November 2011 in Pregnant
My baby is not moving like normal. Shes not been as active 2day as normal. At what point should I call my doc or labor & delivery?

Comments

• Have you felt movement today? Babies have growth spurts and then have lazy, sleep days after the growth days. As long as you are feeling SOME movement, then you are okay. Have you tried drink something cold/sugary and laying on your side?
  • I would call right now hun. I was induced 39 weeks and 4 days because my son was not moving. My dr didn't feel comfortable waiting for him to come on his own. Good Luck sweetie
  • @1stWoodsBaby yes ive felt some movements 2day. Just nowhere near as many as normal. Im 38+3 & shes never been this still. I drunk some pepsi but shes still pretty still. Im guess im just being a worry wart! I cant help it. Lol.
  • If ur getting at least 6 on an hr ur ok babys move less the closer u get twords birth bc of room
  • @IsaiasCruzJuly11 for how long did you not feel movement?
  • @darknesofnight4u I dnt think ive gotten 6 in the past hour but I will start timing them now tho.
  • Its a mom's job to worry. We'll spend the rest of our lives worrying about our little ones, no matter how big they get. Its normal. If you feel like its way under the normal movements, give l&d a call and see if they have anymore suggestions. Hopefully she'll get to moving soon for you.
  • Plus this cramping definently doesnt help the situation either. I just wrry about everything! @everyone
  • @Mimii36 it was the night before. I went to work the next day and my coworker touched my belly and asked if he had been moving a lot still and I realized i hadnt felt him. I drank a soda nothing so I went home cuz I began to freak out layed down nothing called my dr she said to count movements I got nothing in an hour after doing everything she told me to I went in had an ultrasound and she induced that next day
  • Your making me worry! Just call your doc on the safe side please lol
  • @lovinmyunborn lol! Im going to do a kick count first & if nothing happens I will call. How are you 2day? Any signs of labor?
  • Good luck sweetie. Hope she starts moving for you
  • Ok & horrible lol I had contractions from 7pm to 10pm then they stopped :-( but I took a bath & got a little curious tmi lol & felt my cervix & I felt this baseball & I think that's my son's head but I'm no doctor! Hell idek if I touched the right thing lmao! Hbu? Besides bring worried?
  • edited November 2011
    @lovinmyunborn yay! Maybe it was his head! I wouldnt know what they hell I should be touching either! lol. & im fine other than that & the fact im STILL having these menstrual cramps. Wishing they would turn into contractions!
  • Hopefully they will soon I have the gut feeling your next to have your baby! & I'll be happy as long as one of us gets some progress! And i Can't even have sex to get this thing going ,well I can but with a condom & plus I'm pissed at bd still of course soo ughh! All I can say is keep having sex & plus your still working so walk as much as you can! &do some squats none worked for me but maybe you'll get lucky
  • edited November 2011
    @lovinmyunborn yea no sex for you. Not yet anyway. Is he taking meds too like he should this time? & yea works been busy the last 2 days so ive been doing tons of walking. My last day is Monday tho. Might go find me a track to run on after that. Lol.
  • Yea he took his! I made sure lol but I'm just gonna let nature take it's course lol he's stubborn,he enjoys teasing me like seriously I'll be on my way to l&d then my contractions will just stop!
  • I was told to place my hands on my belly aswell when doing kick counts. Sometimes they are moving we just cant always feel it
  • Yeah definitely put your hands on your belly and watch your belly when doing counts. I hardly ever feel my sons movement cuz I have a lot of fluid. But I can usually feel him press against my hand or see my belly move.
  • I went to the er for the same thing Monday and they kept me ! I was induced that night b cuz baby wasnt moving.. now hes here and healthy
  • They make a good kick counter app babykick tracker it saves it too <3
  • Im having the same concern right now. I may not have been paying attention but the last time I felt her move was hiccups at around 5 am after I went potty. I have been doing kick count ( movements in general ) for 33 minutes and haven't gotten one yet. I just had a cold drink and sugar and am laying on my side.... :-(
  • Update? Hope all is well
  • Hoping that all is well.... [-O<
  • So I did a kick count last night & I did get 6 on an hour. I guess thats good. Today hasnt been to eventful either tho but im hoping its just because she has no room so shes not moving as much. @isaiascruzjuly11
  • Thats good =) I hope thats the reason too. Good Luck