TMI! Embarrassing but serious question..

Ok so I'm sorry this might be disturbing to some...but uh is semen bad for baby? Hypothetically saying someone were to swallow it?? Lol god this is embarrassing but I don't have the guts to ask my doctor, she is like my grandmas age so I don't know how she would react lol. Help?

Comments

• Lol don't wry it's just extra protein.
  • Hmm.. I wouldn't think it would be bad for the baby but idk.. Its protein though right so I don't see why it would be bad
  • Ya im sure its fine its all natural lol
  • Lmao I was wondering the same I dont think it would hurt the baby
  • So I Googled this to find out I curious myself baby center and more websites say There's no danger to the baby from the semen itself. As long as you're in a monogamous relationship and know that your partner is free of STDs, there's no risk. If your partner is HIV-positive, it's not safe because the virus is present in semen, and you and your baby could become infected if you swallow it.
  • HAha ok thank you everyone! That's good to know.
  • No its fine. I've hypothetically swallowed it too while preggo, its ok.
  • My bundle of joy dont like it. I vomit from doing it...
  • @praying4our3rd hahaha oh that's funny ad heck
  • I can't but would assume it is fine....healthy active mom is good for baby too!! Go u!
  • lol i can't even get close to "hypothetically" swallowing it ;) lol my gag reflux is so sensitive i can hardly take my prenatal vitamins!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't ever get sick unless I brush my teeth Haha but idk haven't tried it while pregnant too scared lol. But my bf asked me if it was safe one night and it got me thinking.
  • Lol... this is hilarous!!!... I told my hubby not while I'm pregnant; I can't bear the thought of feeding our baby her long-lost siblings!!! :D
  • lol...........@ vette_devil! Me too!
  • Ok I read snreda's post "hypotheticaly" and thought I might pee myself... lol
  • Ugg its too much I had accident happen to ne recently but I was also embarrassed to ask or even talk about glad I'm not but literally I pucked
  • i had never had protein in my mouth lol wonder what its like and tastes like..lol i think i would vomit..lol
  • Oh and I read in a pregnancy book that its not harmful in any way.. but I think it definitely could feel odd during pregnancy.
  • I read somewhere that it is good for the baby and could lower the risk of MC but I'm sure it was written by a guy so they could get more
  • I would deff choose a different route for protein, warm salt water makes me gag n im only 11 weeks lol my bf doesnt even ask me to go down there while im pregnant lol
  • LOL I wondered the same thing. @nicksmommy its warm and very salty like a warm loogy. Gross iknw
  • iuuuu...not judging anybody but i personally wouldn't do it...
  • Just curious, does no one here swallow?

And lol, its not bad except for as stated above with std's, you ca get things like gonorrhea in your throat too.
    If your doctor is old, her reaction guaranteed will be nonexistent and informative. She's heard everything, ask every way, in every form lol. Don't be afraid to ask a doctor anything ;)
  • @nicksmommy...tastes like what I think bleach would taste like if swallowed...personally its yuck..glad my bf don't like it...
  • hahaha lol...omg thats funny...my bf has asked me to do it but i was like hell no! ur gross/..
  • Your mucous plug and amniotic sac keep the baby safe from outside exposures. As far as swallowing, same rules apply as usual, not pregnant. But anything that makes u throw up is not good, you need all the nutrition in your tummy. Have your man eat watermelon and/or pineapple to improve taste and reduce acidity.
  • Hahaha.....this was funny i aktually got shy telling my husband wtf.... haha
  • Pineapple will actually make a guy and a girl taste sweeter below the belt. Lol
  • They also make tablets they could take that you can buy at ''pleasure stores'' I mean not that I know or anything :\