BIRTH CERTIFICATE

edited December 2011 in Just for Fun
I haven't got my baby's birth certificate yet but I was wondering what documents do I have to take with me? Do they need his SS card?

Comments

• i have never needed a ss card to order one just photo id
  • I just had to to go on a website n pay for the app its like 20 something n then fax it to this # n they mail u ur babys birth certificate
  • vitalchek.com is what i did just recently. but i have went to the vital records office before
  • Thank you ladies, I had no idea I could do it online.
  • They gave me the application in the hospital bfor we got discharged and they mail it for you and everything, I think they do it like that in this state I guess but we have not recieved it yet.
  • edited December 2011
    U cant order a birth certifcate unless its after 6 to 8 weeks but hes the website Acgov.org :) the fee is 21 dollars per copy.
  • edited December 2011
    In NC they give you a form to fill out for the SS card & birth certificate before you leave the hospital. They mail you the SS card in the mail because its free. & the BC we have to go pick up at the court house 6-8 weeks after the baby is born & its $10. I got her SS card yesterday & she is 3 weeks old.
  • Where i live the hospital puts in the application and its ready in 10days. you can go pick it up at the county clerks office. $9 for the first copy. $4 each additional copy, if you want more than one.
  • I need my son's bc too
  • geez my state has expensive BC lol its like $20 for a piece of paper! lol when i ordered online it was 32.50. when i lived in GA it was $9 for my sons
  • In Louisiana the hospital does it all and you get two copies of the birth certificate and one social and its all free they mail it to your house
  • Lol @Bahamamama4828 I was thinking the same thing, I'm in Houston and it cost $26 at the place, online I don't even wanna look, they probably charge for shipping lol from the looks of things I need to move to Louisiana where its Free & u get TWO copies lol @agoodloe
  • @2ndbutfirst yes its really sad, this BIG ole state!
  • In South Carolina it's $12 for one copy and $3 if you want more than one....i dnt see why the SS card is free but the BC isn't...it's just paper!
  • In UK its mad. U cAn just walk in and register a baby with no documents and baby doesn't have to be present
  • In ny i filled everything out at hopital, got 2bc and ss card mailed free.