my poor baby..baby acne? Update..its getting worse!

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
Is this baby acne? Its soo bad. It started off as just a couple bumps but it got worse. I just gave her a bath and put breastmilk on it. I hope it clears up. Its only on her face and a small amount on her neck.

Photobucket

Comments

• Looks like baby acne, my daughter had hers for 3 weeks but it went away on its own
  • @MrsThompson34 I hope it goes away soon..or at least gets better. We have Christmas pictures Saturday!
  • My babies lasted for a couple weeks but I didn't put nothing on it. If not cleared up see if the photo place do touch-ups
  • poor baby! it does look like acne, my baby gets it too but not nearly as much. it would go away after a couple days and then return again
  • My sons acne was like that also. My dr recommended dial for a few days and when it completely went away, he said to use,dove and it worked well
  • Awe poor baby, I hope it clears up some for her pictures. What might help is mild soap or no scent at all & pat her face down to dry once a day.
  • Photobucket

Its spreading! I tryed breastmilk but it didnt do anything! Is there anything else I can do?
  • My son has baby acne bad as well... I tried the breast milk & it made it worst... Wat i do is use aquaphor gentle wash & healing ointment on his face JUST A LITTLE twice a day.... It never goes ALL the way away BUT it clears it up & takes ALL the redness away so its not as noticeable & i also drink more water bcuz i nurse.... I hope that helps! :)
  • @FiRstTiMeOct_mOm where did you buy that at? & yea ive increased my water intake also..hopefully it starts to help.
  • My Dr recommended nutrogena face bar it cleared up how it works out for!
  • I heard breastmilk makes it worse
  • have you tried coconut oil? thats good too. check out a health food store if you have one.
  • My baby has the same thing and I was barely going to post this question. Glad to read the recommendations, is it okay to use those cleansers on baby though?
  • @MrsThompson34 wish I would have known earlier.

Its spreading to her shoulders & all over her head! This sucks.
  • @MrsThompson34 wish I would have known earlier.

Its spreading to her shoulders & all over her scalp! This sucks.
  • @mybabe have you tried that?
  • Relax hun! Its normal! Malia had it for almost 2 months. I put nothing on it. If its in her pictures, she will STILL be a little cutie <3 Then she can look back and giggle at herself, lol. I read lots oof articles recommending too do nothing.
  • U get it from Target or Walmart or Babies R Us... Its reasonably priced wat u get :) Good Luck!
  • I just took my baby in to the doctor for the same problem the doc told me to put cetaphil (sp) on her four or more times a day and its a mosturizer too you can find it at walmart for the head he told me to wash with selsum blue :)
  • Try using aveeno bath was. It worked for my little girl. Johnson and Johnson made het breakout like crazy.
  • My son has the same thing...turned out to be strep and a viral rash :( I hope its not that!! It makes one fussy baby....hope it goes away soon
  • Its always worth getting checked if you are concerned, my daughter started out like that then it started looking dry and scaly, it was an allergic reaction....
  • edited December 2011
    @tinka1326 she has a doc appt 2mrw. Her doc will probably just brush it off so im hoping it is just baby acne.
  • Im sure it is :-) when my daughters gets dry and flaky I put baby oil on it and it helps alot and the redness gets alot better
  • You should try Aveeno Baby products
  • edited December 2011
    My baby had the exact same thing, her face looked identical to your baby's. They started at 1month. We tried everything from Eucerin Cream to Aveeno to washing w/clear warm water. I took her to her Ped. & he recommended I wash her face with Dove Sensitive Unsented Soap then apply Hydrocortizone "1%" to any area affected. I swear it work w/in a day. I still do the same thing if I notice them coming back. She's 3months now.
  • Do the aveeno baby products or dove unscented soap have the toxic or cancer causing ingredients in them?
  • If you go to the Dr they will give you topical ointment .. its a fungus that causes the bumps that are otherwise called baby acne or hives..they will get really bad then go away on their own..the medicine helps them go away faster but my sons kept coming back cause he'd sleep n wipe his medicine off n I didn't want to over do it. Either way it it is the baby acne fungus it will get better.
  • Sorry so late but yes I have I used it for about a week two times a day and it cleared up she actually hasnt had it since. Its actually cheap soap bar it like 2.98