The duties of man & woman....

edited December 2011 in Just for Fun
Ok be honest with me. In YOUR opinion! If the man is working & you are not..regardless of whether its because you are a SAHM, on maternity leave, etc...do you think because the man works he shouldnt have to help with things around the house(cooking,cleaning, etc) since hes bringing in the money & paying the bills...or do you think he should still be responsible for helping out around the house?
I want everyones opinions on this!

Comments

• I believe the man should help at home too!
    Being a mom is a 24/7 job. Us ladies need a break from all that sometimes. And plus were not the only ones making the mess or whatever. Its only fair I think
  • He should help at least somewhat. A sahm is a full-time job too that you don't get a break from.
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LolasBabyNum1 @kimalee2288 I agree with you ladies. It is a lot of work. I dont think most men understand that.
  • @2beForgotten what about on your husbands days off..do you still think you should handle everything? Im just curious.
  • edited December 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2beforgotten no I mean if you werent working. Then how would things wrk on his days off? Would you still be responsible for handling everything?
  • I think he should help some!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am a stay at home mom and my husband has always been very helpful. Now he helps less since he got a second job.. but still helps some.
  • O yes he shuld ! My hubby is out for 30 days for work then comes home for 14 days then leaves out again but he still does his share wit the kids an house work I don't do much the whole time he's home he's been gone 6 wks this time an will be home Wednesday an will still do jus as much as I do .
  • Im a sahm with 2 kids. Hubby works on wind turbines for a living. His job is very demanding and many times he works up to 16+ hrs a day. I do not expect him to do any chores except for handyman things. My only request is that he respects my hard work and not be a total slob, but picks up after himself.
  • @vtmamajuju 16 hours a day! I wouldnt expect him to do much either.
  • I agree with @vtmamajuju. As long as they are self sufficient and don't add to our enormous work load it's fine. Don't get me wrong, doing laundry, cooking something once in a while, going food shopping and taking care of of our child when they are home so we can either rest or get things done are greatly appreciated. A foot rub would not be turned down either :) im very thankful my husband enjoys spending time with us as a family...makes life easier.
  • @Mimii36 yes, its insane. He's oncall twice a week and on those days its a given he'll work 7am to 11pm (longer if its a bad day). Last night he got home at 12:30, a turbine actually caught fire and burned up. And sometimes he works that late if he's not oncall, like he did all last week.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I probably don't do enough at home on my days off and I know it. Sometimes I resent the fact my wife expects so much from me on my days off when I am on call every day. I also work rotating shifts and regularly doubles but know I could help more if I wasnt so tired. I tend to sleep about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs a day before getting up for family time.
  • @tricesbaby I agree
    @dadof2n1togo but you have to consider that your wife is tired also. Taking care of home is a full time job for her and she is also "on call" 24/7. But if you are tired then I also see your side of things.
  • I think that men and women should be 50/50 that includes work. I consider being a sahm work, so some days, he gets the night off some night I do.
  • I tell my hubby....yes he works all day at his job....I work all day at my job....I make sure the house is really clean, and grocerys are bought, and bills are paid...but he and i both use the dishes, he and I both wear clothes that have to be washed folded and put away, and obvious things in the house, that need to be picked up and straightened every day we need to share those jobs! He has a job to do at his "paying work" but at home he has jobs to do too! I don't expect him to dust every nook and cranny, (that's my job as a SAHM) but all the stuff that we every day use and share on a day to day basis we both need to be working on and taking care of....i mean we both put gas in the care when it needs it...what difference is loading the dishwasher!?!?!? jsut sayin! lol
  • @vanalkr very well put!
  • with me n my bf I dont expect him to help at all he works two jobs n im at sahm I agree our work is hard I have a 3,4 n 1 month old but the difference is we don't have coworkers or a boss breathing down our neck putting more stress on us, we do stuff our own way n at our own pace I wouldn't want to come home after a long day at work n have him telling me to.help do more wrk. On his day off we usually dnt worry about house wrk but wen he gets home he holds the baby so I can take a break n is very supportive emotionally n tella me if it gets to hard not to worry about doing anything;)
  • I thiink hubbys should help especially on days off. We need breaks do. But my Hubby don't think that. He thinks its all the woman's job. I dislike him sometimes lol
  • Being a SAHM is work! I been staying home while my bf works for eight years and when he comes home he still helps! Most of the time hes had two or three jobs but right now hes just working one. I feel bad because hes tired from work but he wants to help. He has lazy days that he just sleeps tho lol. My son is six years old and needs to be waken up to go pee and my bf gets up in the middle of the night every night so I can sleep even tho he has to wake up at 5:30 every morning. I'm soo thankful I have him...:)
  • I try to see it from the male perspective and put myself in their shoes. If I work an 8 hour shift and come home to a wife and kids, I may want a little me time to relax and unwind. On the other hand, if I am staying at home taking care of the children and the house work, I would also like some me time and have hubby take over for a little while when he comes home from work. That's where compromise comes in. Both hubby and wife need breaks and work very hard. It wouldn't be right for one to do all the work and get no relaxation and vise versa. And it's all about respecting the other person because it doesn't help anything when one person says, "I do all the work and you sit around all day!"
  • @myHEARTZx3 I wish my husband would get up once at night or get at up at least on his days off. But yet he doesn't. He feels I should do everything. So I never get sleep.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd kill my bd if he didn't help me around the house! I do all the cooking and get up with my boys every morning and always do bath and bed times and do the night feeds (hunter is a month old and he's done it once!) so I expect him to help with a bit of cleaning now and then. But I do all that even when I'm working and I work way longer hours (50 to his 20) so he's got it pretty easy really!
  • If I were a SAHM then I would consider household chores as my job. I would still expect my husband to clean up after himself and help with our daughter.
  • I'm a SAHM and I do it all. My husband works long days so I don't have to and I feel my job as a wife and a mother is to take care of the kids, the house & him! He does help from time to time with watching our son so I can have a girls night and when my son was little he would watch him so i could shower.

I've never asked him to get up at nights and our son is 18months old and my husband has changed only 2 poppy diapers! Lol