anyones baby have pesto poop?

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
My daughter is exclusivly bf and her poop doesn't look like mustard like it should. It looks exactly like pesto. I read that this means she is getting too much foremilk and not enough hinemilk, but I don't know how to change that. Any suggestions or experience here would be appreciated :-)

Comments

• Really no one? Now im worried :-(
  • Pump some before you nurse or have her nurse off only one side for a longer time.
  • I already have her only on one side per feeding. I will try the pump maybe... I have a really bad tare on my left nipple from the pump BC for whatever reason my milk doesn't come out unless the pump setting is really high. So im kinda scared of the pump now :-(
    Thank you for the suggestions though!
  • Are you putting lanolin on your nipples? That may help with the tear. Also maybe try a manual pump. I hate the electric pump.
  • My ob said to put neosporin on it so that's what I've been doing ( I wipe it off before I feed) unfortunately getting a manual pump is not an option bc my husband just lost his job :-(
  • I only paid 30 for my manual pump
  • Hmmm. What kind and Where from?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its avent but its originally 40 from walmart. I hear there are cheaper ones.
  • I find if I use the elec pump I start it lower for a couple mins before turning up then I dont have to turn it so high, I get damage from pumping too. How long is your lo going between feeds, maybe feeding more often or drawing out feeds a little longer will help.
  • Feed your lo from that side two or 3xs in a row. My bby doesnt empty my breast either so I only switch breast every few feedings. It helps alot.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine does that too. Doctor said it is fine & that just happens and it will fluctuate. I pump and I know she is getting fore & hind milk. She goes back to mustard too, but it fluctuates week to week it seems. healthy from what I can tell... And now I am not so sure about eating pesto anymore ;)
  • Your pump doesn't have a let down function? My does it runs low for two minutes and then gets stronger. I just assumed they all did. I have a medela Swing advanced.
  • @october15baby Pesto is made from crushed basil, garlic, pine nuts, and olive oil. So delicious! I make chicken pesto pasta with it at home. Hope it's not ruined for you. ;)
  • @october15baby Lol, totally understandable!
  • Thank you so much everyone fo your responses and advice! I have the medulla freestyle double electric. It has the letdown function but I still have to turn it way up. It sounds like its not a huge deal as long as she is gaining So I will continue feeding whenever she wants ( A LOT!) and try to keep her on longer ( she ALWAYS falls asleep) thanks guys :-)