im a bad mom

edited December 2011 in Babies Health
My son is 2months I dnt rember to fed ever 2/3 hrs. He tells me when he's hungry crys or sucking hand or ill just know. Sum times he'll go like 5hrs not eating is this normal I'm breastfeeding I want u ladies to tell me stay how I feed or set a alarm and write dwn my feedings in till I get it right he's Dr said he's wight is fine

Comments

• My daughter is 5 mons old and I still feed on demand too. I understand how you feel because I feel guilty too.. like I should have some schedule already... And I probably should.
  • Once your baby is back to birth weight you don't HAVE to wake them up to feed. Feeding on demand is fine!
  • You're not a bad mom! I do the same thing, let him tell me when he is hungry.
  • :( Babies don't need to be force-fed. Feed him when he's hungry. You are doing it perfectly. Dang parenting books make everyone feel like bad people!
  • Sounds fine to me.:)
  • You're doing it perfectly! No schedule needed, let him feed on demand:)
  • I do the same thing I just don't go by get sucking on her hand because my baby girl is teething
  • Ty ladies feel better
  • I think if you did write down every time he was hungry for milk, you would find that it's regular intervals like every 2 and a half hours. He knows when he's hungry. My baby girl goes 10 hours at night without eating and is gaining the right amount of weight. The only thing is it could be convenient for you to have a time in mind for his next feeding if you plan on doing things like going out or if someone is baby sitting and doesn't know how to read the signs of hunger.
  • I feed on demand also. My lo is 6 weeks and she lets me know when shes hungry.