Petition For Sesame Street Breastfeeding.

edited January 2012 in Current Events
Please sign the petition! And pass along to all your breastfeeding friends and supporters, yes formula moms too!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/bring-breastfeeding-back-to-sesame-street/

Comments

• I seen that breastfeeding part on sesame street!
  • I signed!!
  • Bump

I signed :)
  • Sign & pass along loves :D
  • I don't agree I support breast feeding but I don't want my child watching a episode about bf...just my personal thing
  • I sort of agree with @preggointx. While I totally support breastfeeding and love it, I don't think its totally necessary to show it on sesame street. Not that if they did I'd object, I just don't think its that big of a deal either way.
  • @preggointx I agree completely. Sesame Street is one of the FEW shows I wouldnt mind my LO watching but not if they show breastfeeding.
  • How are kids going to know its normal?
  • edited January 2012
    I signed! Have any of the people against it seen the clips of bf on the show from the 70s an 80s? No skin showing at all, very tastefully done.
  • And the kid there asks what shes doing & and they politly educate the kid. Really cute scenes!
  • i signed. its the norm in my house, it doesnt even show much on sesame street. my 9 yr old is my little lactivist lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It iss a little AWKWARD, lol. But its awkward cause its not known enough.
  • I am 100% for breastfeeding but like some other moms said its not something I want my daughter watching on tv there is a reason they call it bonding time for mother and baby . I don't want my feeding to be bonding time with me by baby and the rest of the planet watching. I don't even do it in front of my family I mean if they come and talk to me about whatever its fine I won't kick them out. But I do see it as time for me and my baby girl who is just tryin to eat nothing new.
  • Am I the only person who has NEVER seen an episode is Sesame Street? I know what it is, but I have never watched it. :/ And @jdensma, said it well. I couldn't think of the right way to word it. :)
  • We are almost to 33, 000!

The more YOU share, the more THEY care. Please sign and share! Breastfeeding, Non-Breastfeeding, and just supporters, pass along.
  • I signed. I think the more children are exposed to it, the more normal they will view it. And Katy Perry showed more boob on sesame street then I show when I'm feeding my son :O
  • Thank You! @tat2edblondie . How is it EVER going to be normal AGAIN, if nobody teaches children what boobies are for.

Sigh.. Im not against formula if its reall needed (imo-only its not). Breastfeeding is so much easier. Society has ruined the purpose of boobies, and lots of babies get sick because of these steps.
  • @levensmommy, you're right too. breastfeeding doesnt mean flashing titties everywhere, you "might" see a quick flash of the nipple. People seriously act as if they have never seen a boob!
  • The kids in my house learn about bf through real life. Me bfing my baby. Sesame street seems like an akward place for it. I don't mind them watching it but how does it tie into anything on that show?
  • I couldnt care less if breastfeeding on sesame street or not. My concern is....why is it even a topic on sesame street? Isnt the point of the show to teach colors, numbers, abcs, etc? Its not a show to teach children how to raise children..... confused