What is everyones opinion on?

edited January 2012 in Just for Fun
Donating your eggs? Would you ever be an egg donor if you were offered 8 thousand dollars?
My bf and I just saw this on the internet and his like whatever about it and I have mixed feelings. I really don't know of I could or would ever do that....

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @rileyandme I know its weird I think part of it us bc women are more emotional and there are more of us who don't feel comfortable with doing it therefore there is a higher demand for eggs while men don't care so there is plenty of sperm out there lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I think the whole process physically is so much tougher with hormone injections and actually having surgery to harvest them makes them worth way more. If we could just squirt them out into a cup, they'd probably offer less money to us, too. Lol

I don't know that I could donate mine without a specific couple picked out that I'd be helping. Like I said before, it's a lot to go through physically. And it is weird to think of some random people raising, what could have been, my child. I guess it's the same for me as doing an open vs. closed adoption in a way. Thought-provoking at any rate. :)
  • I would! Im done having kids so why not help someone if i could :-)
  • They have so many rules and restriction.a its nearly impossible to donate them.
  • I couldn't go through the procedure let alone know i kind of hav another kid out there. Really admire those brave enough to do it tho, wish i could.
  • I think i could b a sarrogate (sp) b4 i could ever donate eggs.
  • I couldn't. Every time I saw a blond hair blue eyed baby id wonder if they were mine lol not to mention the hormone shots..
  • @mommyof3girls I'm the same I could carry someones baby but its weird you think that here is or could be which is technically your baby.
    @lyndsay1983 see your brave I love the idea of helping someone else but would always wonder where that baby is and is he/she ok and I would always feel like it is technically my child and I have no control over the whole thing. I admire how brave you are :)
  • I was just talking with my bf about this a few days ago. We both said hell no ! Lol we both had the same reason we wouldn't know where our babies were.
  • Plus I claimed his sperm already lol its always my babies that are waiting to be born no matter what lol
  • @mommylovrssparkle thats very true and the second one made me laugh bc thats something I would say :)
  • If I was completely done having kids
  • I think I would
  • @sands3 I would have hard time if it was random person I didn't know your way stronger than me I think I would do it for good friend though. Or I think it would be easier for me.
  • I'm done having babies, so I think it could be awesome to help someone. I'd almost rather not know who is using them. I couldn't do it for a friend, knowing that's partly my baby...that would make it hard to see the kid often.
  • I would totally do it. If you think about it your body discards an egg like trash every month so why not harvest them and give them to someone who needs them.
  • @junebuggbabie85 thats very good point.:)
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would, but due to my depression diagnosis, I dont qualify.
  • I would definately yes! Because I know how it feels to be without (my hubby has a zero sperm count) I wouldn't think if it as my child besides if you can afford it you definately want one trust me. I would not have a chance at a baby without someone giving us sperm.
  • I would. Wonder if I qualify! Probably not.
  • I could. Same as I would be a surrogate, but my hubby would never let me. Since it has to do with my natural babies or being pregnant I will choose not to for him. :)
  • I would. I would not want to know who would get my egg though. Kinda weird imo lol
  • I wouldn't! Too darn weird for me, knowing there is someone out there with my DNA that I do not know.
  • I would, if I was done having babies. I agree with above poster, I just am throwing them away each month. If I'm not using them, why not help people out! Though I'd never do it for someone outside my country.
  • edited January 2012
    I saw that same ad on Facebook originally. I was really thinking about doing it but I was on bc at the time and I knew I wanted atleast one more child. I felt that if I donatee my eggs then couldnt get pregnant myself then I would be heartbroken. Well I had surgery in Dec ' 10 and was in between changing bc. (I wasnt fully recovered until March) then I got pregnant in April. She came earlier than planned but in a few years I think Im going to do it since shes my last. I researched it a little and its quite a long process but Im willing to do it.
  • I always said I would love to be a surrogate but after my last pregnancy I just couldnt go through that willingly then to give the child away. I would love to help a couple who couldnt have children on their own though.