UPDATE ON VBAC****

2»

Comments

• @bahamamama you are brave!
    @barefootmama I think I'm going to do the epi too I don't think I could take the pain
    @lilbit01_209 thanks for sharing I really want to try to at least to say i did my best.
  • @salasmommy. Sorry I haven't been on recently. Yes they did offer me pain meds and an epi. It is safer then a csection is what I was told. A repeate csection can be worse then having a natural. Mine went great. I never in a million years throught I could do an all natural. I wanted a home birth so bad! When my water broke I him hauled around the house walking around with a towel between my legs lol. The only reason I went in was bc I was group b strep positive and everyone was yelling at me to go get the antibiotics. I could of done it at home for sure!!!! Only spent 24 hours in the hospital so I guess it wasn't that bad lol. And you stand your ground hun. You hired your doctor you can fire him!!! It's just like an attorney you tell your attorney what to do and what you want and don't want. If they don't do what you want you fire them! I stood up to the nurse bc I found out a lot of stuff that I didn't know and her jaw hit the floor bc I knew stuff and told her what was going to happen and if she didn't like it oh well. I even told her you may think you can pull stuff over my eyes but I'm informed and I know my rights!!! I got what I wanted!!! Lol. Just stand your ground and don't let them schedule you a csection. Mine was horrible!!! Had I known my rights when I had mine I wouldn't have had one! But can't change it but I did learn a lot and I got my successful vbac!!!! Thanks everyone btw!!! And I was told by all my different docs at two different places you had to of had a prior natural birth in order to have a vbac. It maybe that way here in Ohio idk. My one friend wanted a vbac with her second child but bc she had a csection with her first they made her do a repeate csection. So it may just be Ohio or the docs making you do it that way. But if I have another one I'm doing a home birth for sure since I now know I can do it!!!! Good luck. If you need Amy more advise or want to chat more let me know. I'll help you as much as I can!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @SalasMommy If you want to try go for it. I had a VBAC on september 20, 2012 after a csection.
    It was the best choice I made.
    Recovery is wonderful and I will do it again with any future pregnancy.
    You can do it girl.
  • My 1st was a emergency c section an i got pregnant immediately aftr an had my 2nd baby a vbac an my 7month old was a vbac. I hated the c section expierence. so i was sooooo happy i cld deliver vaginally. Stay positive mama! :)
  • UPDATE*******

_thank yall so much for he support I'm really scared my doctor said she isn't going to the the VBAC bc she recently had a patient have a uterus rupture.

She says I can look for another doc if i am very set on it..

I really want this..she says i wouldn't treat you any diff than a friend or treat your baby as if it wasn't my own it is dangerous and there ia lots of risks. The baby can have brain damage or die.

Help help help I don't know if i should atop being stubborn and just do the c section I don't want to put my baby at risk but then a gain yall ladies say yall did fine

I don't know what to do does anyone have info ??
  • I would go to one or two more docs and ask about their policy on vbacs before you give into the section...or maybe just call around. I would exhaust every resource before giving in if vbac is what you really want.
  • Midwives! Your doctor is using scare tactics :(
  • You can do a VBAC yeah there are cases of uterine ruptures but that's very few and far in between. Just like a_Wagner said just keep looking around if its something you really want to do. Good luck! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks guys I need to liok around
  • Hope you can get the right info and have a great experience :)
  • My first was 9lbs and my son was 8lbs I had a csection with my first and vbac with my second, all my doctors kept telling me that I couldn't do a vbac because he was going to be bigger than my daughter and I'm so small, they used every scare tactic even to the point of making me schedule a csection which I didn't want.my son came two days before his due date and I waited at Home for majority of labor because I knew they would've wanted to rush me to get a csec. I. I had a successful vbac because I didn't allow the doctors to scare me, I absolutely knew I didn't want another one. My babies are 19 months apart :)
  • @usplus2 I was thinking of doing that but hen I was scared thinking what if something does happen.? And what happened after you went to the hospital how many cm were you when you got there? I thought of doing that and waiting till I was about 6 or 7
  • @salasmommy I went to the hospital til I could no longer handle the pain, I was 7 cm when I arrived.I'll tell you the feeling of having your baby put on your chest after labor is unexplainable
  • @usplus2 that was my plan to wait. But i just found a midwife who is going to do my VBAC

UPDATE*******

Guys I found a midwife who is willing to do my VBAC she seems great and I'm happy because this is what I want! We are talking about different birthing methods. Anywho I'm very excited. I didn't want another c section. I am considering no meds (: I hope i get the nothing experience I wanted c sections suck. Thanks for reading dolls.
  • Birthing* not nothing lol
  • I know someone in my church that had a c section in 2010 and had a baby a couple weeks ago vbac. So it can happen.
  • @hodgeslangdon that gives me hope (:
  • That's good c sections are not fun