Had my "little" man!!*another update :(*

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^^she is right!!
  • edited May 2012
    @homebirthadvocate @bahamamama4828 I know! Even the pediatrician asked me how I felt about supplementing with formula and I said no and he said "that's fine" and that he was "going to be flexible" with that. I'm just really upset but trying not to let it bother me too much. I know my kid is losing weight but hes very active and seems content after each feeding and hes had numerous wet diapers and BM so I cant understand why they are so concerned. I feel like im being held in this hospital for no reason but they said they were going to make me come see the ped tomorow for a weight check and to check his billi levels so i thought it would be easier to just stay. I know my milk hasn't come in just yet but I do notice my breasts(especially my right one) is getting hard spots in it so that must mean something is "brewing" in there right? All these nurses are just getting on my nerves and I'm just tired of everything/everyone. I'm completely turned off by this hospital
  • We have to write everything down in a feeding log @homebirthadvocate so they should be able to see that but I guess it doesn't matter to them X(
  • It makes me so mad when a woman not supported with breastfeeding & bullied into supplementing with formula. Like i said earlier my boy dropped 13% & yes he was dehydrated - stopped having wet nappies & had urates (looked like pink dust on his penis) also was quite jaundiced but didn't need to go under lamp. If your boy is still having wet nappies he is getting enough & will start gaining back. Sounds like your milk is coming in, if he struggles to latch because of this try to hand express a little before feeding or if that fails pump & feed via syringe, good luck mamma Xxxx
  • i used a sns in the hospital. I would latch her on and then sick a tiny tube into her mouth that was in a formula bottle so it like a straw. I had to cuz she would eat no other way until my milk came in. Once it came in i stopped using the sns and 6 months later i still ebf. Thought id share with you. :) do not give up! Since she wouldn't latch i had the nurses telling me i wouldn't be able to breastfeed. I showed them! You can do it!
  • Did you know that the more you breastfeed him, the more wet and poo poo diapers he has, that it will push the billirubin out of his body? Nurse him by the window with the shades open too! :D All of my babies' billirubin levels were on the high side, I always went home the next day with each of them (I know you're kinda stuck there). By the time I left, their levels were normal. It sounds like the "professionals" there are stressing you out!
  • I think my milk has finally come in. Hes been nursing like crazy and when I offer the formula he takes maybe a couple of ML from the syringe and hes done. Screw those nurses! :) he doesn't even want their formula.. he weighs 8lbs 12 oz right now but the nurse who weighed him said don't worry he'll gain it back (fianlly a nurse with some sense!) And don't let it stress me out. I feel so much better now
  • You're doing great :)
  • Ive been seriously nursing since like 3:30 this morning! I'm so tired but baby seems very hungry. His bilirubin levels are higher now though(they are at a.14) so idk what they're going to do now. I'm trying to find information on it since the nurse I have I can barely understand and she doesn't seem to understand a lot of things(I'm guessing shes new *shrugs*) so I'm hoping I dint have to keep him here with the billi lights because that would really kill me :(
  • Are you able to pump and maybe use the syringe just to get his belly full?
  • They're looking for a free pump right now for me. They're keeping him to put him under the bili lights :( I get to stay the night with him but I'm pretty depressed about the whole thing. And they're saying that he has a heart murmer and has lost a little bit more weight (11%) I'm so upset right now. I starting sobbing when they told me all that this morining
  • Why do they think he has a heart murmur?
  • my daughter was born with a heart mumer but went away after a few days.. apperantly its common. my hospital didnt even tell me until i was looking through papers before leaving and saw they noted it i flippped! but try to relax(i know easier said then done) iam sure evrything will be fine. just dont feel bullied or scared to ask any questions
  • Sounds like breastfeeding is going well! I know that when my daughter had to be put under billi lights they still let me take her out to nurse her.. But that was it. :( i hated not being able to just hold her.
  • Listen momma I had this and its normal! Yoü are fantastic for keeping going like yoü are. My Charlie nursed all day every day for a couple months to establish a proper supply (hes a very big eater lol!) and he had jaundice for two months and I had to keep taking him in to have blood taken but luckily I had a very good Dr who never once suggested formula and also said that its normal for breastfed babies to have jaundice a little longer than formula fed babies. I know its tough on yoü but yoü can do this and it will be so worth it. Stay strong :) and hugs
  • @starrxoxo9 they can hear it :(

@septbabie yeah they said its normal the first 24 hours for a baby and the next day it went away but now he says its back. They did an EKG and a xray to see what's going on.
  • Oh no :( I'm sure he'll be ok though!! Just keep nursing him no matter what!
  • Yeah ive been nursing like crazy! I was even able to pump 35ml of milk AFTER I had breastfed my son. The nurses were amazed lol I'm just happy I'm able to provide food for my baby. It makes me really happy that breastfeeding has been working this time around :)
  • Aw I'm so happy for you!!