whos going natural?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
The more I learn about epidurals, the less I want one.. I'm 16, 37 weeks, due april 11th and wanna have a natural birth! Who else does?

Comments

• Me! No epidural! Im more afraid of the epidural than natural birth!
  • Im leaning towards it too. Much further away than you though. Only 5 w 4 d. Im thinking I want to give birth in a birthing center not a hospital
  • Me i can't wait i'm excited to have a natural birth but i have 6mths.
  • I went natural with my first and will with this one to its so much faster the drugs slow ur body down I went from water breaking to holding my son in 45 min it was awesome I was also able to get up and walk out as soon as it wads over
  • i am 32 weeks and really wanna go for natural hope i make it!
  • meeee! no thanx to epi.. i wana try to stick it out; its healthier for both mom andd bby to do natural I've concluded frm my studies.and I'm also leaning towards a no thanx to birth n a hospital?? undecided tho on tht part! goodlck momma
  • I was able to go natural with my last one and it was great. I had to have pitocin with my first 4 and opted for the epidural due to the intense pain pitocin brings. After my last though I didn't even feel like I had just had a baby, and no stitches!! So yes, I'm going natural again!!!
  • I'm 23...34 weeks and definitely trying a natural birth! Of course if something calls for medicine for health reasons I'll use it but my birth plan is natural!
  • Me! Me! Me! I hate taking medicine! Plus I like to do things the natural way
  • I went natural with my 1st and man it hurts some kinda bad I didnt have time to get 1 I came in at 6 cm .....but its kinda kool to think about afterwards :)
  • Def going natural water birth, pref at home but if my hospital offers them I'll go there
  • i want to (provided there are no complications) im more afraid of needles and surgery than i am nautural birth. I mean God designed a female the way He did for a reason right? Plus i feel that If I spend all my pregnancy not drinking caffine, maragaritas, exercising, and watching everything i put in my body, plus taking these awful vitamins that taste like fish....then im going to get to the end and be all drugged up!?!?!?!? Can i not be selfless just this once and think of someone else?!?!?

It's all for my child! All for them!
  • All you women that went natural wats you pain tolerance?? If u could put to scale? And if u had natural amd also epi for another baby which did u prefer??? man this is my first I can't even imagine How it feels for a baby to come out...but I would be proud to wear those stripes of natural birth..I can take sum pain..but if its constant I might faint...wat would happened if u fainted? Anyone kno? I just thought bout that I'm bout to check Google lol!
  • Well if anybody was a curious as I was...I found that its very hard to faint while give birth BC ur oxygen is always being watched and drs make sure u are comfortable for birth and BC of pain meds and such tolerance is is higher..lol well I learned Sumthn.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I did both and I didn't like the way my bottom half felt but was just as easy of a birth but without any pain
  • I'm gonna try my hardest to go natural. My mom had all four girls naturally so she says I must! But if I'm in too much pain I'm not ashamed to tell for an epidural! Lol although I am worried about the side effects and possible lingering back pains after getting one.
  • I tried to go natural with my first one, but I caved in and got an epidural...it wasn't bad at all
  • Natural! No epidural have too many mid and low back problems and doctor said no way! First child was all natural by choice. Good luck ladys
  • I have a very low tolerance for pain and I admit it hurt but mostly when they were doing the stitches (that was the worst part) I had a friend tell me to let my body due what its sapose to its not easy to say relax but more like dnt fight what ur body is doing ... your body already knows what to do :) I thought about drugs and all my sisters had them but I didn't want to be out of it when the baby came I was scared to death I think this..... dnt Corrie about it of you get into labor and then decide to use drugs because the pain is to bad its no big deal. And if you dnt then awesome