hi im new im 15 nd pregnant ... any advise on how to tell my parent

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
I really need advise !!!

Comments

• Just be honest. I was 16 and pregnant and didnt tell my mom until i was 5 months. She was more upset that i didnt tell her sooner so i could get the proper care for me and baby. Good Luck
  • Just sit your parents down and tell them. It's better to tell them than to let them find out cause they will be more mad. Good luck! :)
  • Thank you
  • Was I 16 when I got preggers and took me 6 months to build up the courage, I told my mum by giving her a scan pic and there where some tears shed she was upset. But eventually came round and was more excited than me so dw they will be upset but they will come round, its abit heartbreaking for them to see there baby have a baby, just remember having a baby doesent mean you have to give everything up, I still carried on at collage and did 4 years there and worked full time :) gd luck hun be brave don't give up and most of all congrats :) wishing u a healthy pregnancy xxxxx
  • I was 16 with my first one. I had to tell her cause we had gone to the doc cause I was sick and they ask... but she didst freak out on me or anything. You just have to tell them. It is so much better than lying....
  • Hey I had my 1st when I was 18.. even then was scared to tell my parents. I would say def tell in person and when its most calm and noone else around. There really is no great way to say it.. but if they do freak which they might try not to get defensive. I know its tough just let them vent and then talk about your feelings. Good luck let us know how it goes
  • Ya I agree...i mean im not as young Im 20..(& im 38weeks pregos).but for atleast myself im still yungen :)
    But trust me havin a bby is guna b 1 of the most amazing things ever..&,ya ur parents mite b sad or w.e. But they knt do n e thing abt it...jst show u support thats all..all of u shudd look at this bundle of joy as a blessing...& nthng else...ya its guna b hard but hey wats easy in life right??:) ? But hang in their chika...& we here for u :) !!! &,good luck!!
  • Thank youu
  • No wrries doll...
    Keep us updated...
  • I WAS 18 WITH MY FIRST. I WAS SCARED.TO TELL MY PARENTS. WHEN I DID I SAID THAT I MIGHT BE JUST TO SEE MOMS REACTION. SHE WAS PRETTY COOL TIL A WEEK LATER I TOLD HER YES! IT'S HARD FOR THEM TO ACCEPT THE FACT THE THEIR BABY IS HAVING A BABY LIKE @GEORGIA_MUMMY SAID. EVENTUALLY THEY WILL COME AROUND. BUT ONCE MIN SEEN THAT BABY GIRL SHE MELTED LIKE BUTTER N THAT HAS BEEN HER FAVORITE OVER ALL GRANDKIDS..........THEY NEVER WANT U TO GROW UP, JUST BE HONEST N DONT WAIT TO LONG
  • Try telling an older sibling or the calmer parent first,then sit down with them all together at least you won't be alone that way
  • Best thang to do is just tell um, I just turned 17 a week ago n I'm 12 weeks prego, I told my mom realy early and it was the best thang tell who ur closest too and it will b ok, if u need help or wanna talk just email me n we can text it whatever, goodluck hun hope it goes well. sna_diver@yahoo.com.
  • Im 22 and pregnant with my first, I was extremely scared and freaked out to.tell my parents. I called my mom and told her I missed my period, she told me to take a test and I did. I told her it was positive with a txt message. It was really hard but I took the easy way out. We had my baby shower yesterday and everyone is so excited!! Just tell ur parents how u feel comfortable, and let them have there moment to.be mad and scared and they will come around. Good luck!! You'll be a great mother!!
  • jus com out nd tel.them . trus me I had to do it twice nd the second time wus harder dhen dha frst time . jus tell em nd get it ova wif so yuh nd bby can qet proper cre . qud look mama .
  • Im 18 and started cryin when i told my mum, she was dissapointed ofcourse as were the rest of my family. They come around and are now happy. I jus say now, at least i can grow up wit my kids, not grow old, :) good luck hun, eveeything will turn out fine
  • I was 15 when I had my daughter. Don't wait until your four months like I did. I'm thirty now and things were a lot different back then. Basically my parents were embarrassed and it was hell, but things are different now. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about in telling them.
  • With my dad I took him out to eat and after he ate I handed him a baby shower and inside I put the due date. The card he could read over and over and think before he talked. With my mom (parents are separted) I showed her the pregnancy test and had my aunt/her sister be there to help her breath lol (hint let your aunt kno before you tell your mom give her a heads up) 3 months later my mom and dad are excited and are 100% supportive. You neeed to tell them dnt txt or fone call show them you are grown up and willing to take the heat.
  • I told my mom I had something to tell her (I was 18) and she said, " I already know, you're pregnant. I can tell by the way you walk." She was mad for 2 weeks, but then became my biggest support.
  • Its gonna be scary but once its out you will feel so much better and then you can stop stressing and focus on your little blessing
  • I wrote my mom a letter and sat down with her as she read it. Sometimes you cant get your words right when you face to face with someone and scared.
  • @Bellamomma lol my mum said she knew cuz I was getting fat! I was only 9 weeks wen I told her! Cheeky or what!