interracial couples and/or babies..

edited April 2011 in Special clubs
Hi. My husband is puerto rican and black and I'm sicilian and native american. Being together we've experienced so much more racism.. some ppl say its not racism but u know when ur getting the dirty looks that's what their doing.. ppl stare, give looks, and say nasty things. We live in washington state. I was jus wondering if anyone else experiences or notices this kind of judgment and what state their in. I feel like ppl treat u different when u have children with some color.. like ur sopposed to be less intelegent or be a single mom because of it.. its 2011 I thought all that was abolished a long time ago. lemme know what y'all think...

Comments

• Lol Nope there's still ignorance around and will be until people can start accepting people for who they are and not what they look like. I'm black and I live in Texas. Ive experienced racism a few times in my young life. It's just sad.
  • Oh gosh my husband is black and in white and it seems to me the only people that care are the older black women! They always give me the dirtyist looks! Like I stole him from them or something, I was so surprised the first time it happend, now I love it cuz I have a huge belly and they stare even more
  • actually. Got a posting on face book from back home saying that he didn'twant to hear it from me when i'm beaten and broke because. I married a black guy (i'm. White) some of my co- workers were cracking up because
    My husband works for a fincial company and is way more educated then the person who posted it. Some people take sterotypes to extreme. I am just sad that i'm bringing my baby into a world where people still think like that.

• people will always think something like that... even if they dont mean to for instance... when you cross the street because there are a bunch of ______ (insert race/lifestyle here) its racism or profiling... if you hold the door for a woman either youre a gentleman or sexist... when you watch tv and see arabs and automatically think "war in Iraq" youre racist... when you see a hispanic person working at a food stand and you automatically think ohh tacos... there is no way for you to get around it because even if you stay on the same side of the road then its affirmitive action which is a form of racism in its self (because you had to think about it first) im mixed and raised in hawaii... and so are 98% of the people who live here... and believe it or not there is more racism here than in texas or mississippi (both places i have lived) for one because hawaii was stolen from my people so hawaiians have a automatic dislike of whites.... then tourism while it helps our economy it also is ruining our heritage and native land that is very important to us as a people...but most people dont hate the other its more of a, we are so comfortable with people being mixed that we dont think twice about racist jokes until someone points it out(usually a tourist)...
  • I'm white, my man is Latino. We were driving through West Virginia to my great grandma's funeral.

First there was the gas station stop for munchies and gas. An old man missed a step as I reached over to hold his hand. The woman at the pizza stand made direct eye contact with me the entire time he ordered. We only broke eye contact when she asked me a question and I looked at him to see what he wanted. People stared so hard I would've thought he was a green skinned Martian.

Then, at my greatgrandma's viewing, he was the only non white in the city. All of my cousins blatantly stared. Some didn't talk to him. It was so awkward and uncomfortable. I sent out wedding invitations to my aunts, but I don't expect any of them to attend. Not that I'm disappointed.

I was afraid that my grandma and grandpa would come with my cousin. The grandparents would have been fine, I'm not embarrassed of my white trash roots and family. But my cousin has serious issues ... he could write a memoir that makes Running With Scissors and Glass Castle look tame. But he would've cracked Mexican jokes the entire time. And my man is Guatemalan, just to ice the insult to that racist cake. But my mom helped them realize that it isn't worth it. Bless her heart.

Fortunately, we live in Northern Virginia, part of the DC Metro area, where I think whites might actually be a minority. At least the demographics are close, and the racism isn't so obvious. Or at least one-sided.
  • @mommy2audrey I go to a baptist church with my husband where white is the minority and the women there are kinda mean. But the older white men are horrible. They look at u already like ur meat and then they see me kiss or grab my fiances hand and they almost jump out their skin.. lol they cross their eyebrows and stare.. my fiance is usually wearing button up shirts and slacks. Or suits and they stare even more lol. I think its funny. I like to stare really hard back at them then when they look at me like I'm crazy I say "oh u dnt like to be stared at?? Neither do we." Lol my man thinks I'm crazy but after awhile u get sick of getting stared at and jus wanna mess with them. Lmao
  • I personally have not seen it but my hubby has to hear comments about it @ work we live in a redneck type of town in Missouri. I'm Mexican (I also have some black but u cannot tell from me but u can in my uncles hair) & my hubby is white he said he has even noticed looks but I don't really pay attention to how other people look at us. It is crazy how white my son is & how dark my daughter is.
  • Funny I noticed it more with my ex he is african American and I'm half Italian half German. He dressed super ghetto though. My fiance now is Dominican and I notice it more from his family who wants him with a nice Spanish girl. But less judgment from.the public...
  • Four white women called my baby a n***ER BABY. it pissed me off im hispanic. Some people are just ignorant.
  • @anadoll92 my fiance family also gets that they are from the Dominican.... his mom says why they call my family donkey we no donkey. People are ignorant. My fiance also hates when he gets called a Mexican it pees him off.
  • @anadoll92 yeah my dad worked for a woman (he builds decks) & she told him anyone who is naturally dark is a n***er. Isn't that stupid. I was adopted when I was 17 my adopted parents r white.
  • @mommy2audrey you are right. I get many more looks from blck ppl than white ppl.

The sad thing is..im mixed! Moms White & dads black! Grew up with only my black family and always hung around black people. But..im very fair skinned to be mixed. I look white. So me & my boyfriend(hes black of course) are in McDonalds. I go to the bathroom & come back and my bf tells me these black girls made a comment "all the white bitches always takin our fine men".. Im not even white! Ignorance.

I use to club all the time. My friends are black, I hang around blk ppl so obviously we go to black clubs. I always used to get the dirtiest looks from girls when I danced with the guys. Almost got in fights plenty of times just because the dont know im black!
  • Just wanted to stick in and say MIX BABIES IS WHERE IT'S AT!

In filipino and black...my husband is a true Chocolate American man.:)

Don't let ignorance get Yall down.
  • Well I've been called a pink booty b#tch by black women and a n***er lover by white people I've been hit by both ends those are only 2 examples there r many more....
  • I'm from Puerto Rico my ex husband is Mexican so I got 2 daughters half and half I'm actually 5weeks5days pregnant another half American white .
  • @ghettobetty I hate when ppl feel they have to open their mouths. I get it a lot from blk girls too. I'm sicilian so i m kinda darker than natural italians and I tan real good so in the summer I get a lot of mess from everyone. I know that ppl judge us jus for having mixed babies but its 2011 ppl need to get over it. I mean seriously who is pure caucasion anymore. Lol
    And mixed babies are so beautiful jus like the rest of them.
  • we should start a discussion area where we can share the beauty of mixed babies.

my BD is light blonde haired, blue eyes and i am a mix of thai and chinese. my own father got upset that we are not married and actually demanded to know what colour will his b*st*rd grandchild be :-(
    i know our baby will be beautiful and that's all that matters.

my girlfriend is balinese (dark) with a norwegian blonde husband. they have a beautiful 4 year old that looks just like dad - blonde, blue eyes. she has been accused several times that she stole the baby!
  • My partner and I are both white, but our sperm donor was black. We have two "white" kids already. Wonder what comments we will get? Not that it matters this was a choice I made and our baby girl will be beautiful!
  • My hubby is Puerto Rican and I am white. We have four gorgeous children and another one on the way...my mil used to make fun of my son when he was a babe cause he had bright blonde hair! My aunt also made the comment to my mother, so how does it feel to have asian Ni**ers for grand children....I was irate...r u effin serious?!?!?!?!?!?!
  • I was walking down the beachline with my hubby (I'm white he is black)..and these 3 white guys yell out the truck window "n***er lover" it made me so damn mad! I wish they would have pulled over lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @sramos26 I'm sry. I cnt believe she wud say that.. what r those anyways? I get stares from ppl I hate it. When r ppl going to get over it. This is america! The "melting pot" of the world. We have thousands of diff races. Mixed or not. I even have gotten comments on this app that were completely racist. Its ridiculous. I was told the name I wanted to name my daughter was "a black persons name" that was before I put our beautiful pic up.
  • @newmommyofone I get that alot too, my kids are named dominic, Kira, Mia, azariah and Zachariah (soon, lol) so people tell me all the time that I am naming my children black names....I even had a black guy that I dated in high school criticize my kids names...it is awful... :( I just keep my head held high, because I love my family and there is not a racist comment in the world that will ever break that bond! :p
  • Lol I get it all the time the looks the comments I actually had one lady and her husband tell me I needed to stick to my own race (my hubby is Mexican I'm very white) and I turned around and told them I've dated a lot of white guys and they all hit me and he never has and never will so they needed to shut there mouths cause they didn't know shit about me or him I hate people like that
  • I'm mixed black/white and my hubby is a blonde hair/ blue eyed white guy. Everytime we go grocery shopping or out to eat somewhere, people ask if we're together or paying separately. I get soooo irritated. Besides that, no problems where we live because it's a very racially integrated area.
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Omg :-) I'll never what the women in my family said to me...my hubby is from el Salvador and I'm white. My grandmother, aunt, and cousin all sat around the kitchen table telling me how my boyfriend was no good and how he was just going to beat me and cheat on me. None of them had even met him yet. Now its been 4 years and thankfully everyone in my family adores him. But now and then we get stares and he speaks Spanish, and once at my work some racist white Guy almost got in fight with him. I was so embarrassed and they Guy only left because I started to call the cops.
  • I'm Puerto rican and Hungarian & my bf is white. I got called a cock roach before just because of my last name (Rosado) and as you can see in my pic, I look as white as can be. So people are so stupid! My bf hates his last name and thinks Rosado is cool so when we get married, as weird as it sounds, he wants my last name. :-D lol So as much as ppl seen to hate it, ill be a Rosado forever. Heck yeah!
  • I think people are just naive, stubborn and jealous. there will always be someone or people out there that will think their better whether it be financially, relationship wise or even career wise. I settled with a brazilian/arabian & I'm laotian/thai. he's had his share with "giving back to society' and I feel thats all anyone can judge him on. its only made me appreciate his lifestyle and how he grew up to be who I love today he's learned and. He's a great man. so no matter the looks you get, whispers you hear and vibes you feel know that HE no matter what color, race or religion has your back at the end of the day. -not those ridiculously naive envious people. I give you props for sticking it out with your beau. some people would stick to their race/era and give up. I give you kudos mamasss. Big ups to all the ladies putting up with the negativity about interaccial love. (( :
  • Im black an my fiance is latino everywhere we go we get stared at I even got flicked off n his sister calls me a dirty nigga it sux but I try to ignore it