wat is ur biggest fear about delivery day

edited April 2011 in June 2011
My biggest fear is not da labir or da pain my biggest fear is gettin an iv dem tjangs hurt i hate needles.. besides that I'm goid to go...lol...7wks left till i have my son...i have a 4yr old son an anther boy on da way were supa excited an ready

Comments

• Yea ima try to do mine natural.. w/o all being hooked up. Im afraid of emergency csection or cord wrapped..
  • i don't think i have a fear , but i cant wait to go in labor ; this my first baby , im 19 weeks.
  • I keep dreaming I'm pushin and he don't come out lol
    I'm scared about that and getting the epidural with that long ass needle. Lol
  • Not making it to the hospital
  • My Husband (an emt) having to deliver the baby in the car. The hospitals an hour away, and my last labor was only a few hours, from start to finish. Mind you I have 2 kids to get ready, and my husband works 24 hour shifts an hour away. Then we'd have to drop the kids off at grandmas on the way...should be intresting
  • Im worried about my baby girl not turning before I go into labor and having to have a c-section that I don't want at all! This is my second and im 33+2 weeks pregnant and yesterday she was breech :( hoping she turns soon!
  • I hope my water dnt break so that i can do most of my labor at home an relax cuz once ur water break u have to go to da hospital to avoid infections an dry birth an once u get there they hook u to da iv an u have to stay in da bed...I'm tryna use gravity to help wit labor like i did wit my first i had him in 12hrs an had a epidural at 8cm because they thought i was to exusted to push
  • I'm scared it willtake 12hours. Iwant tobe done in20minutes:)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 33wks an my baby is in position i still work an plan on stopon 2wks b4 my due date..I'm a waitress so I'm walkin all da time ab that really helps plus keeps me in shape...
  • @msbestest does your hospital make you stay in bed when your water breaks? I've never heard of that. My hospital encourages me to get up and go on the ball or walk around, unless you get an epidural. I would tell them that you don't have to sit in bed ifyou don't want to. My water was broke for 17 hours before I had my daughter and no dry birth, not even close, or infections. Hopefully you get the labor and delivery you want hun! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Scared of them wanting to induce or do other unnecessary interventions because I have gestational diabetes
  • @boho 12 hrs ain't bad i kno people whi went 17-74hrs da da norm is 12
  • They tried to make me stay in da bed but i didn't...i got a midwife dats gonna be they so hopefully things go as planed
  • @blissmarie i hopw all goes well
  • @msbestest-thanks....one of the midwives is even talking about inducing at 39 wks...I've never heard of a midwife encouraging an induction before
  • My water broke at home i got to da hospital at 2cm an i was jumpin cm fast so that could b da reason they tried to keep me in bed
  • My biggest fear is the contractions for real. Ugh i have no tolerance for pain but gat tattoos everywhere! Ppl laugh at me.
  • My biggest fear is complications. The rest doesn't bother me. I'm getting induced in a week but going to see my midwife today so hopefully she will do it this week. I just freak out at the chance of dying :(
  • Getting a b****y nurse..
    Maybe thats stupid but with my daughter the nurses always treated me like I was an idiot..
  • @isaiahnjocelynsmommy im 33 weeks 2 days and she was breech yesterday in my ultrasound, hoping she turns soon! My first was never breech either.
  • @Isaiahnjocelynsmommy. @mommyoftwoprincesses- we all have the same fear!! Lol. Best of luck to u both!
  • Wow. Wish the hospital that i am delivering at wouldn't hook me up to stuff. Its hospital policy that i have an iv and be on the monitors at all times. I am just scared i wont make it to the hospital on time and will deliver in my husbands truck.
  • My biggest fear is that I won't bond with the baby or that it won't love me when it's born or than I'll develop post-partem depression :( The physical pain I can handle, it's the emotional pain that scares me....
  • I can't believe more people aren't saying pain! I must really be a weeny because that it my biggest scare :( But reading everyone else's is giving me a whole list of other stuff I should worry about...ugh!
    @luvbump ha ha I like yours! LMAO! I am a nurse, and you are right! There are a lot of b****y nurses!