What names do you hate?

Comments

• Rubin does remind me of food also...silly men lol
  • I agree with the people who don't like changing the spelling of names, some look so odd! By the way ladies, love Cruz, Siena Rose (although I would spell it Sienna) and Sophia!
  • I also have trouble with some names as I'm a nursery nurse and they just remind me of some of the kids I have looked after! I love the name Scarlett but look after a little girl with that name and it would just always remind me of her!!!
  • i HATE Taylor, Jordan, Jessica, and allysa
  • Lol, I love the name Jessica! hhhaha
  • Oh and my baby's name is gonna be Taylor, how funny
  • Thanks @littlenat86 I love scarlett too there are so many great girl names!
  • edited May 2011
    @Jessicals200 Lol sorry no offense to anyone with those names! It's just my town is FILLED with them and people still keep naming their babies those names. Get some originality people :P but I'm sure its less common where you are. Whats your babies middle name?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommyforever Oh, girl Im not mad! Everyone to their own! Haha.... just thought it was funny 2 outta 4. Maybe its a def. sign I should name her Taylor. lol :) I dont know many with the name taylor. Her middle is Olivia. Where are you from?
  • @Mama_Kat lol my sons name is Caiden too and he was born in October 04,who would have thought it was going to blow up and be a huge name! I still love his name as much as I did then,but I wouldn't name this one an 'aiden' name lol.
  • My bd suggested aphrodite but i had to reject it
  • edited May 2011
    I don't like lily, sophia, ava, jack, gavin, jackson, caiden, aiden or any other spellings. Only because there are SO many and it has become way to popularin the last few years! I don't want my kid to be one of 5 with the same name. At one point at my work in the baby room I had 2 jacks and a jaxon out of 8 kids! Oh and my #1 is isabelle I know like 12ppl with girls with that name or isabella.
    @sdubois I like cruz! My friend just named her baby boy crue which I like also!
  • @Steph_Due_101611 yeah I dont blame you on that one.
  • My 3 yr old daughters name is Jadyn and I picked that name because of its meaning "God has heard". At 37 I was beginning to accept the fact that having kids wasn't in Gods plans for me, then when I least expected it, I became pregnant. I felt like my prayers had finally been answered so the name was definitely appropriate and it fits my daughter well. If my 2nd is a boy, it will be Jordan Asby and if it's a girl it will be Jordyn Elizabeth. I've just always liked the name Jordan/Jordyn. If it's boy my fiance wanted to name him Herbert Asby Jr. There is no way I'm naming my baby boy Herbert so I'm just thankful he likes the name Jordan. They are both very common (over used) names so I can see why people don't care for them but I don't take offense. To each their own and who am I to judge.
  • edited May 2011
    @littlenat86 in still debating between n or nn in her name. 22 weeks left to decide
  • I don't hate this name...its just not what I want to name our daughter if we have a girl. Macie Raine. We picked this one out our last pregnancy but ended up having a boy and his name is Mason Edrik. I don't want a name so close to our sons name.
  • I dont HATE it but dont want to name my daughter Katherine and its the only name my husband has come up with. I dont like names that are generally shortened from original name.
  • @Jessicals200 aw that's pretty! Most of the Jessicas I know are Jessica Anne or Jessica Lynn, Im from south east Texas
  • Its not bad @cetheridget ...Maybe yall could compromise on something similar...I wanted to honor my recently late grandmother if we were having a girl but her name was Kathleen,we didnt love that and came up with Kathy Rae, which we wont be using since were having a boy.
  • @gaorbob LOL that is so funny! my mothers name is luella lynn! well i hope you didnt take offense :P it is reallyyyy common i guess. and small world!
  • I don't like really traditional names like John, Matthew, James,etc. My dad wants me to name my son Cooper and I hate it! Its my maiden name and there's a reason why I didn't keep my last name when I got married!
  • Honestly its pretty hard to have an "original" name these days. I dislike names like faith and joy and all tht but when I found out I was pregnant my grandma died. And it was the worst. Therefore I am using grace for my girls middle name. And her she will be Harper Grace. But really its nearly impossible to name your child something like probably 1000 other kids are named.
  • Anything old fashioned lol. Like clairese, tina or names that sound like dogs like darby, zoe, sasha and NO offense to ppl who have that name or plan on using these kinda names..
  • @ChelseaPie I think that's a very pretty name. I love Harper and Grace goes well with it,sorry for your loss.