What names do you hate?

edited April 2011 in Baby names
Not to offend anyone but what are your baby naming pet peeves? My number one most hated name is Bentley...or any other luxury car names for kids,I think they are trashy and ghetto.(To each is own,I like uncommon names,my sons name will be Cruz and a lot of people don't care for it but we love it.)

Comments

• lol I don't like the car thing either. There are about a billion kids in my sons preschool class named Brody. i think it sounds silly.
    ps i like Cruz :)
  • Brinley, Kinsley, Ainsley. I absolutely hate those names and any names like them lol.
  • Nevaeh. Can't stand it lol.
  • I agree with you @starrxoxo9
    And @momamar my husband liked brody...thank goodness I talked him out of that lol. And thanks :)
  • Any name that sounds like a soap opera name.
  • Nevaeh always remind me of that girl from Flavor of Love ha ha
  • I totally agree with you both neveah and the aden names are way over used. I do have a son named Caiden but I named him that 7 years ago when it wasn't used often
  • Stripper names.
  • @starrxoxo9 me too!! Thats one of the reasons I can't stand it lol. That and its too stripper sounding to me.
  • Yes....@momaynot that should be your first thought when your naming a baby girl...not to destin her to be a stripper lol
  • ugg i hate it when ppl mix two names, my husbands family keeps telling me thats what i should do... sorry in-laws but i like real names with REAL meanings!!
  • haha my sons name is Ayden ):
    I don't like bodhi or Ethan for boys and nevaeh is annoying.. also don't much care for mia or zoie
  • I hate the names Jessica Mackenzie and Brandi!!!
  • My dogs name is Bentley lol!! I don't like nevaeh either
  • My sons name is aaden lol...I don't like neveah...@sdubois Cruz is a car as well...
  • Lol cruz is a car... But I like it alot! I love the name adian just over used :( it would probably my sons name if there wasn't 2 babies named adian already in the family! I hate z names and have no idea why!
  • Lol I've never heard of it.
  • I hate when someone names their kid princess, angel, heaven. Like I get faith, hope and serenity kinda, but to give the legal name of princess? Lol just my view
  • @momaofchris my name is brandi lol! I hate todd and emma
  • Lol...@Seifer12211 I agree.
  • I don't necessarily "hate" any names, but I feel sorry for children that are give names that are too unique, hard to spell, or hard to pronounce. When naming my baby, I think about what her name will look like on a resume. I want to make sure that her name will not hold her back in anyway from getting a job or being successful.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • liqour names and drug names is a big pet peeve for me

extascy
    hennessy
    brandy
    alize
    remy martin
    captain morgan
    khaluila
    baileys
    bacardii

its like you name your child what ?? :O X( [-X
  • Hahaha @gatorbob abner? Poor Hubbys,at least they try lol.

And I totally agree with you @Fashion_Junky91 that horrible!
  • remixing names are a big pet peeve to

ashley - ashleigh / ashlee
    emily -emmalee
    britney - britneigh / britanii
    jennifer - jennipher

theres a few more but u get my point
  • Yes,I seen a few that were totally off the wall!
  • I dislike names ending in -qua or -quan!
  • @gatorbob lol u poor woman :) boone and banjo maybe could be ur next doggy names down the road :P

@cdswim I think bout resumes too

@sdubois I like cruz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.