This just has to be discussed...

edited May 2011 in Breastfeeding
I was reading a blog about breastfeeding and the writer said he and his wife went out of town and they forgot their pump at home. The wife's milk was coming in but they didn't want to wake the baby to feed him. The husband said he felt bad and they didn't know what else to do, so the husband started breastfeeding!

He went on to say it was a very pleasurable experience, something he and his wife could share together. He even went on to describe how the milk tasted and how he wouldn't have a problem with doing it again.

All the comments on his blog were remarkably positive. People were telling him he did the right thing, how they didn't see anything wrong with it, and how more husbands should do that for their wives.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? What do you ladies think?

Comments

• Did he save the milk for the baby? Like spit it out? (Sry if its a stupid question) or did he jus drink it so it wouldnt go to waste?
  • Ummmm gag!!!! Lol that was kind of gross and he should have kept it to himself. When my boobs are full of milk no one is allowed to touch them but my baby. Would you let your hubby drink your milk? Ewww lol
  • At first I thought ewwwww! But I bet she was grateful and, after further thought, I think it's pretty okay.
  • O wow. Well i kno my bf would never do it lol i joke all the time and ask if he wants to taste it but hes not interested. But to each their own i guess some ppl are into that, i for one, am not. Lol
  • Isnt it ok to wake baby up to nurse tho? Y didnt they jus do that?
  • Doesn't it hurt if you don't get the milk out? Not sure if I would let him drink it, but get it out...yeah.
  • @Mommy2BeAgain You're right, it's a very personal story for him to be sharing on a public blog!
  • @Mommy2BeAgain You're right, it's a very personal story for him to be sharing on a public blog!
  • I would have hand expressed it for the baby later... I don't want his mouth near my boobs until I'm done breastfeeding
  • Nothing wrong wit it ur bd sucks on ur tiddies so why not drink milk
    ...come on ladies like u guys do nastier stuff ex. Eat ur hubbied cum lol
  • You can do it by hand? Wow. I have alot to learn!
  • @roomfor1more i feel the same way
  • At first it sounds weird, but if he hadn't she may have dried up.
  • @nicksmommy exactly y I don't want him on my boobs then give it to my baby even after washing I still know what went on 2secs ago :0& he can drink it from a cup
  • @nicksmommy Lol! That made me laugh!
  • We drink another mamals breastmilk maybe not from the tit but still...I also read that in Europe they have a human breastmilk gellato that is quite the treat. lol
  • I know with my last one I sprayed the hubby in the face.. some got in his mouth and he immediately threw up! Sooo I guess that's a no for my dude..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @blueberrysmom yea you can do it by hand it takes longer but still works. I used to do it at night to relieve some of the pressure when my boobs where getting full
  • @angieface I heard the same thing, too. And also breastmilk being used in cheese for sandwiches.
  • Lmao @babynumbersix I used to do that to my bf too when he was being annoying. Lol like once he farted on me so I sprayed his ass hehe
  • Just because my husband always jokes 'I have cookies'; I am going to say this:

As long as he didn't come to her with a bag of cookies & say 'Lets get this party started' it is all good. I know how bad engorged breasts feel. I think I would've been BEGGING my husband to help me get relief!
  • @MrsDelRae So you would be comfortable if your husband breastfed from you?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Molly in a way don't they anyway? (foreplay) if I were in that much pain & needed them to be 'drained' or at the very least relieve some of the pressure; yes. I am having my 5th baby. I know all too well how engorged breasts hurt. I don't want to risk getting an infection either. I'm not saying that I have some sexual fantasy of nursing my husband or anything like that; that is too odd for me. He is my husband; not my child.
  • @MrsDelRae And your cookie comment cracked me up! That's hilarious!
  • @Molly :-)) courtesy of my darling husband. He cracks me up all the time.
  • Oh god at 9_2011 I NEVER woke my kids up to feed! Haha! If they were sleeping I was just happy happy happy. They wake when they're hungry and all my kids established their own schedule. To each his own, of course, but that would not be something i'd recommend. :) I wouldn't choose to have my husband breastfeed from me like that, but if it works for them then I don't see a problem with it. I'm sure she felt better afterward. :)
  • Oops, that was @9_2011