Birth Control R Get Tubes Tied?

edited February 2011 in June 2011
Im 25yrs old n preggo wit my 2nd bby. My son will b 2 nxt mnth & im havn a bby gurl on June 8. Shuld I get my tubes tied r get on Mirena birth control whch iz good 4r 5yrs?

Comments

• Tubes tied is permanent so it is a decision your going to have to think about. Are you going to want kids later? If the answer is not sure then prolly go on the mirena. I'm twenty seven and on pregany numbr three and am still trying to decide the same thing.
  • I personally would get mirena just to make sure you are done, and afterwards ask your hubby to get clipped. It doesn't even require stitches! Much easier on them than us. :) just a thought, that's what mine is doing if we decide we are done...and it was HIS idea! Lol
  • Lol. I brought that up to my hubby and he is debating it. Apparently in florida not sure of other places men can get clipped for free.
  • Get a iud. You are too young to get your tubes tied for no valid reason. I had an iud for 6 years while I was married. Glad I didn't do anything like tie my tubes BC we divorced. I remarried years later and my new husband wants a family. And now we are pregnant. You never know what your future will bring
  • My hubby's insurance covers it here in MN. Cost free to us and its outpatient. The doctor told us they are off work for 24-48 hours after, then everything should feel the same.
  • Im not 100% sure if I wnt mre kids but im mre so leaning 2wrds not havn anymre cuz I hve my boy & gurl. Ig I needa thnk bout it mre. He says iz up 2 me n wateva I decide he iz dea 2 support me.
  • But we are getting the IUD first and waiting 3-5 years to make sure we are done. :)
  • That's great how supportive he is! And if you think you are fine with two, great! If you aren't sure, no shame in the IUD. I personally have rough pregnancies so we will probably be done after our 2 but still unsure.
  • My friends IUD came out and looked gross ....try the shot or pills ...if u tie ur tubes as long as u don't burn them they can be untied
  • Thanx a lot ladies. Afta hearing ur input I strongly thnk ima jus use a iud.
  • I had the most horrible experience with the Depo Provera shot. I hear it works well for some, but don't be afraid to discuss any negative symptoms with your doctor! And to put your foot down and insist that it is negative.

I would bleed for the month before the shot and after masturbating. The cramps were insane, worse than before, and the pain was my reason for starting birth control. I gained about 20 pounds in 9 months. I saw a few different doctors, I didn't have a primary care physician. A male doctor was completely unconcerned about bleeding after masturbating and told me It was totally ok. Totally normal to have a horrible cramp and gush blood after climax? No. Women would never have sex if that shit was normal. I finally got my awesome nurse practitioner who immediately switched me to the pill. I loved her. I loved the pill!
  • I'm on my second baby, 5th pregnancy (I've had 3 losses) and I'm getting my tubes tied right after the birth. My pregnancies are considered high risk and the IUD was painful so its worth it to get my tubes tied now that we know we're done.
  • I Am on my 9th pregnancy, 4th baby, because I have had a long history of miscarriages I decided that I am going for permanent bc, however, no tubal ligation here. There is a fairly new procedure offered that can be done in the comfort of your drs office. Its called Ensure. No down time, non invasive, I am very excited about it.
    Since you are so young I would not recommend anything permanent. Opt for the pill, or Mirena. Good luck!
  • we got pregnant while on mirena. so im sure you can guess my vote lol. After i have this baby in July i was planning on getting my tubes tied, but i think i may look into Ensure some... @nicholled, is this covered by your insurance?
  • I'm debating the same thing. I'm not sure what I want to do.
  • @momamar, yes it is covered by insurance
  • They have something called the paraguard and i hear it works well its like a tiny T shape plastic thing with strings thats inserted in u and it can be takin out at anytime or left in for i think 5 yrs maybe more
  • Tubes tied if ur done. I am 25 yrs old, 4 th kid on the way, and exhaustes bcuz their all under 5 yrs old . Good thing we can afford for me to a be home with them.
  • Tubes tied this is my third I'm 26 done!
  • im gonna get a vasectomy. its reversible In case we want to have more kids later. its my first baby. but gonna b baby number 4 for my gf so she is thinking this is it. id rather get a vasectomy cuz its also safer. its not major surgery.
  • My husband refuses to get snipped and I refuse to have anymore babies! So at 21 I am opting for a permanent solution. Alot of people disagree with me for this but I am one of 7, I know whats best for me. So if we don't get a boy this time we will buy a motorcycle or something. Lol
  • Birth controls may cause weight gain and heavy periods due to the hormones added to the pill but my doctor suggested the IUD because it has no hormones and when you wanna have another baby you just go to the doctor and get it removed and you are able to get pregnant as soon as it's out. Plus the IUD comes in 3 to 10 year controls.
  • Yeah I say vasectomy too. Its way safer and much more easily reversed. Rather than surgery its often an office visit. As long as a couple is in a normal relationship there's no reason the man can't be the one to bite that bullet. Its also a lot safer than birth control.
  • You will have your little pair and now a days rasing children and they very expensive. I'm getting my tubes cut and burn right after birth in the hospital.
  • tubes tied isnt permanent, they can come undone with time, my dauhters aunt had her tubes tied after her first son 17 years later pregnant with twin girls, if you want to quit get your tubes cut and burned!!!!!
  • This age n two babies most doctors womt do it! I woulnd recommeded neither! U should try birth control! Some docs wont even do it after 3 babies inless u have high risk pregnancies! Good Luck with ur choice!
  • I am 28 and getting my tubes tied because we are done having kids. My sil had the mirena and it taken out because she has a lot of nausea with it. It works differently for differently with different people. Also my husband is getting a vasectomy and our insurance pays for it in full.
  • @FirstTimeDaddy! Me too this is my 4th but my hubbys 1st. How you feel? My hubby is having a lot of ups and downs n it frudtrates me a lot! I did not know a vasectomy is reversible, r u sure cuz if it is I might have him do it. Not cuz I dint want no more but I want to wait a lil longer n forget about birth control for me, my body cant tolerate none! I have tried everything!
  • My friend had her tubes tied and burnt they had sex too hard and it made popping noise she got pregnant she had it done four years ago so things can happen either way
  • @jstnshrt thats what i call meant to be!!! wow