Weight Gain

I'm 15 weeks today. And am currently 128 lbs. During the first trimester, I lost 6 lbs, and now that I'm not suffering from morning sickness and can eat, now I'm just not gaining. So are or have any of you November mommies starting to gain weight yet? Should I worry?

Comments

• I've gained almost 10lbs already. My Dr today said that's perfect since I was underweight to begin with. He said about 1lb per week now.
  • edited May 2011
    @Sands3 How far along are you?

@Mariahaucoin77 Right. I heard it's normal to lose the first trimester, I just assumed I would start gaining once I could eat again.
  • I'm down ten pounds. 16 weeks.
  • I'll be 16weeks tomorrow and I've gained 4 lbs. The doctor said since I'm 'over weight' I'm suppose to only gain 11-18 lbs. Smh. Ya we'll see.
  • 16+2 weeks
  • @blueberrysmom Really. Did you have bad morning sickness? And has your doctor said anything about it?

@sands3 Ok. Well I know I've been eating, I just know being preggo means getting bigger! Lol I'm sure it will be coming soon.
  • I'll b 16 weeks tomorrow I gained 11 pounds
  • It'll happen, and then you'll be begging it to slow down. I had hyperemisis and didn't gain until about 25 weeks. My baby is huge and healthy. Don't worry, it will happen! :-) sometimes it just takes longer when your body has lost it natural stores, once they're back you'll be okay.
  • I'm right there with you! We must be close in due dates, I'm due 11-11-11. Just like you I lost 6 lbs right away and haven't gained any of it back yet. I have an appt tomorrow so we'll see what my doc says!
  • @Leggs2011 Well good luck. I'm suppose to gain between 25-35 lbs. But with my son, I gained 40. So I'm not looking forward to it. Just expected it already. lol

@Kphillips Thanks. That makes me feel better. I know I just worry about all the stuff I should be appreciating. But when you know you're pregnant you want others to know too!

@baileygoose Love your due date. I keep telling myself, that's the day I'm going to go into labor. But hope you have a good appt tomorrow, let me know if your doc says anything interesting!
  • I'm 33 weeks and have only gained 9 lbs. Dr told me to drink two big homemade milk shakes before bed every night.
  • I'm 16w and so far have lost 10 pounds.
  • edited May 2011
    No. Wasn't really sick and the doctor didn't seem concerned. She seemed to agree with my theory that cutting out all of the calories from alcohol every day (wine mostly) is most likely the reason.
  • Plus, I was overweight anyway so losing a few pounds is pretty good. Sure I'll gain it back before the pregnancy is over.
  • I'm 15 weeks and haven't gain nothing. I always ask my doctor if I should be concerned. She said its normal. That I might just be one of those that gains nothing but baby. Im HWP as well. Guess we will see
  • I'm 29 weeks and have gained 34 pounds :O I was underweight to begin with soo..my doctor loves my weight gaining..so do the stretch marks I discovered yesterday lol
  • I am 16+4 and I have gained 12 pounds witch is not to bad considering I gained
  • I'm 22w and gained 20 lbs D= waaahhhhh. I need to slow down! I'm so little.

But I don't get it... a small in maternity clothes is too big? Xs would have been too small :/ I read that you gain muscle from all the extra weight put on, does anyone know if this is true? Because that would make me feel a little better :/
  • @lovebeingamommy. I am 18w today I was sick all the time in first tri. I have just now finally gained 3lbs. So I wouldn't worry. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Ha thanks. I'm not obese or anything. But I guess my bmi? Is bad. Pft. I'm a size 14 so not tiny or huge. I just have wide hips. And I'm 6 foot.
  • Im 15weeks tomorrow and I have only gained a total of 2lbs. Im also overweight so only allowed to gain 11-20lbs anyway. Im glad it's only 2 right now lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Mommy2Isaiah&;Giselle Well I like what @awhaley28540 said her doc told her! Drink milkshakes every night before bed! Now that I could handle!! :-)) I like it!
  • I'm 14weeks and lost 5lbs. I was 128 when I got pregnant. My Dr said my weight loss is fine as long as I'm healthy and will eventually gain weight
  • I'm 27 weeks and I've gained 22 pounds. I went to the doctor Tuesday and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me I should only gain 24 total pounds:( I still have until August.
  • @LoveBeingMommy Well I had my appt today and I have lost 1 more pound. Doc did not say anything about it, and I guess I didn't ask, just figured it must be okay at this point! Let's enjoy it while we can ;-)
  • @baileygoose Thanks for letting me know. I guess I will just sit back and relax : )

@babynumber02 What is your due date?

@mrsford25 I'm really trying not to. lol

@novmom2be Wow. That is really good. Is this your first baby? And what is HWP?
  • 17 weeks and gained 7 pounds, I am overweight to begin with so def trying to watch my iintake and give the baby what it needs
  • Lovebeingmommy: yes my first pregnancy and HWP= height, weight, proportion. I'm at the weight I should be for my height.
  • Im 24wks+ couple days (lol).... and gained 14lbs so far