Ethnic hair.....down there

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I haven't had a bikini wax since I found out I was pregnant. Not for health reason. I know there's no health risk but I moved away from the one place I really trust to do it. I've been shaving that area with a razor. Now I'm gettin ingrown hairs, shave bumps, and dark marks. It looks awful. I should have just let it look like Ferbie down there. The only person who sees it is my bf anyway but he started making jokes. I almost don't even want to wear a bathing suit now. I read that this is a problem common in certain ethnic groups because our hair is more course. Has anybody else experienced this or know what to do?

Comments

• Wamart sells this great shave gel for the bikini area that helps to avoid in grown hairs. Im a white girl lol but it worked great for me and its cheap! Its blue and has little beads in it, I can't remember the exact name but give it a try :)
  • I'm willing to try almost anything. Thanks.
  • I know this doesn't really apply to your post but one of my customers was telling me about this girl suing a salon. The girl ended up getting an std on her face when she got her eyebrows waxed. They said it was because of not being clean after doing someone's else bikini wax.
  • Ugh I use to get ingrown hairs all the time! Hate it. My hair down there is very "ethnic". Lol. But now I use this stuff from walmart called BikiniZone Antibump shave gel. Its blue. Works wonders!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • after u shave get bikini zone it works great or use nare bikini making sure it is just the bikini line
  • @jcmommy Omg! I saw a story like that on TMZ. That's why I will only go to this one place. Its in Miami beach and waxing is all they do. Where I am now, all the waxing places are in the back of nail shops and hair salons. Plus they don't double dip the stick. You have to be careful. Especially down there.

I also had a friend who got her eyelid burned because the wax was to hot.
  • Sounds like bikini zone may be the answer. I think I'm gonna let it grow out a little. Hopefully the bumps will go away. Then shave and try using that. Thanks ladies.

I had the same problem before but as soon as I started getting waxes it went away. Then I used a little skin lightener to even out the dark spots. Now I don't have the option of a wax.
  • Well i'm white and I have all thise same problems. The only thing that works is waxing for me. My hair is so corse and thick. @jcmommy omg the thought has never crossed my mind. I am totally going to be ocd with them next time.
  • edited May 2011
    @jess510 That sucks. So, its obviously not an ethnic issue. I know some women have the option of laser hair removal but it only works on certain hair textures. I would go that route if I could. Waxing is painful. I don't have the nerve to get a full brazillian and my eyes still water everytime I get waxed.
  • @mommys1stbundle I get the brazillian. Honestly it doesn't hurt me. What really hurts me is waxing my legs. I want to cry when I do it.