im scared! being a mom again

I'm now feelin like a new mom!! I'm not ready! These thoughts never entered my mind before with my first. I never felt like a first time mom n I swear I put it off till now. I really can't do this again im worried. I don't feel ready period. Ahhh what if I can't treat them equally, what if Marissa don't get enough attention, what if they fight over my attention!

Comments

• Those are worries we all have. I just always made sure my daughter got the attention she needed when my son was napping, or when I nursed I would let her sit and cuddle with me. I hate to say it but it is hard to treat two separate individuals equally. They each have different needs and u will provide for those needs and so much more for tour girls!!!
  • I would just wait till shes born and take it day by day...
  • Me too! Its been 11long years since my last kid. My biggest worry is sleep & the crying. And really the only help will be hubby. My parents & gram helped me out before but they're passed on now. But since its a second baby I'm sure it'll all come flooding back like riding a bike. I'm alsoscared of post partum depression. Had it before but only wanted to hurt me not baby. I'm going to talk to dr bout that.
  • But I never called a sitter or obsessed over her. I always was secure and didn't need to worry. Hard to explain but u know new moms can't leave baby or they bug. I never once and still don't have any worries for Marissa.
  • @prayingfora3rd you say when your firsts are lil they adapt easier. Mines almost 11yrs old. She hates the idea of a baby.shell always remember being the one & only. I'm hoping she will warm up later when babys here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm a first time mom but wit God n my family hopefully we get thru it together.. can u reply to my message on your wall @mommyto1soontob2
  • BBtw she never cried, or was typical baby she was always calm even with acid reflux and lactose intolerant. she was a bliss! I feel this baby is opposite
  • @prayingfora3rd I'm trying to include her. We painted her room & she helped. We have yet to do babys room. But I also asked her to come for the registery shopping & she says she doesn't want to go. She doesn't want to be at the shower or hospital. She said she's waiting in the waiting room & wont come in my room. I'm dragging her everywhere though & asking her opinion. I know it a big change but she's gonna have to get used to it & I know she will. But it takes time.
  • When my second was born I felt a huge sense of guilt for having another child. It was incredibly difficult for me, even though my oldest was thrilled to have a baby in the family (he was only 2, but he was a very smart and aware 2...unlike my current 2 year old who is the exact opposite, lol). I felt like he would feel I was trying to replace him, or would feel as though I didn't love him enough. My biggest fear was that he would look back later and think that he wasn't good enough so I had to have more kids. It was irrational, I think, because the entire point to having more kids was because I wanted him to have siblings and not be an only child, but still.
    I think your family just learns to adapt and grows together. I was born 10 years after my closest sibling and I know she was jealous and pissed off about not being the baby anymore, but she and I are very close now and have a great relationship. She was even good to me as a baby once she got used to the idea of me being around (which, honestly, didn't take that long).
  • Yea I asked & she basically just doesn't want to be ignored & doesn't want the baby around. I guess she thinks shell be ignored which isn't true. I talk with her all the time so idk what going on. Maybe she's just used to things the way they are. @praying4our3rd
  • @one5one
    My daughter is 1. We have same issues. Kayla has rude at timed with calling her hslf brother, the thing, or it. I wish brandon lived instead of him(her brother that passed) ect.. I mainly know it has to.do with her not sharing the same father and worrying I will luv and give more to baby. Lately she's coming around even picking things out. Just give her time.
  • oops she's 11
  • @praying4our3rd yes it is. But she also has a cousin who's 4. My aunts grandson. My kid would always go over there & she didn't like it at first but adapted. Then again it is a new baby in her own home. But I know she'll be fine.

@Jaime77 oh you've got an 11yr old too? I'm giving her time. I'm 22w3d though so times running out. I do include her in everything. But I've been with her dad since 98 & we are married now (in '03). So she & this baby have the same dad. I'm hoping she'll be accepting like your is.
  • It took her many months but finally after telling her I luv them alll the same, shes talking about things like, can I hold the baby? ect.. :)