questionable proposal (update) on 6/19 at 10

Ok I had this written out and my web browser shut down :( so ill try this one more time. So my baby daddy comes home from work and says how is my wife doing? I said I dunno I'm not your wife and he goes why not? I said prolly ciz you never asked..? So he grabs his towel and then comes over gives me a kiss and says babe, to which I say let me guess your going to take a shower? He said only if you'll marry me. So to this I am like so if I say no you won't bathe? And would you consider this an actual proposal?

Comments

• Did you say yes?
  • umm its weird but also kind of cute
  • its not traditional on bended knee but I think its cute and sweet and its kind of how my hubby proposed to me and we have been married 2 years but been together 6 years
  • @PregnantELF yes I did, and it wasn't just so he'd take a shower lol.
    @Rissalee7 well my bd is weird and cute, but I'm wondering if he was serious and I'm not sure I wanna go are you serious? And either hurt his feelings for asking...
  • i totally understand u wondering if it is legit or a joke um was a ring involved??
  • I'm pretty sure marriage is something guys don't generally joke about, so congratulations on your engagement!! ;)
  • @Rissalee7 no, but to be honest my ring finger isn't the same size it was pre pregnancy and I'm sure it will go back down after.. so again I'm not sure..

@Maranda3 see that is why I'm kinda taking it mostly serious like
  • My husband (baby daddy at the time) asked me in dec. '08 when the next friday the 13th was, I checked the calendar and told him it was in feb. (2 mos away) he said ok were getting married in feb then. I said ummm ok. Well now Feb.13th is now my anniversary! Lol
  • I'd say he was ...maybe instead of asking if he was serious you should just ask "when?"
  • o i understand the swelling i cant wear my rings which sucks cuz after we found out it was a girl my bf bought me a pink sapphire and diamond ring for a i love you present (im not a big marriage person due to past relationships my parents had) but congrats if it is legit sweetie
  • My hubby propsed by 'when I get home I'm changing my fb status to engaged, is that ok?'. Lmao.. uh sure. Lol. He came home for leave from the army.

He came home on a suprise visit and the Day before v day he took me out properly and asked me on one knee w/ the ring. :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @babynumbersix aww your anny is two days before my bday :)
    @PregnantELF ah that's a good idea.. ill ask him after I get home!
    @Rissalee7 yeah see I have been previously engaged twice and am skiddish on relationships because if I get married I don't wanna gt divorced. I mean id rather stay a long term relationship couple and break up then get divorced. And after everyone of my engagements something horrible happened and well never went through. So I know how you feel
  • how about getting ready for your shower next time go to him and say "so when's the date?" and see what he says.
  • @Leggs2011 aww that is so sweet.
    @gatorbob it could be.. it very well could be, I know we have talked about it before so I dunno.. I'm just kinda confused lol
  • @survivormommie3 aww I like that idea... hmmm maybe that is what ill do..
  • edited June 2011
    ****update**** Ok laides so I talked to my bf.. and I asked him if he was serious and he said yes.. so I am getting married!
  • Congratulations Hun. ;)
  • Thanks @momof22be and @lil_buggie_3 I am excited and this is not what I expected out of today :)
  • Yay for you :)
  • Thanks @Rissalee7 I'm excited! And nervous...
  • Yay congratulations! My husband proposed to me in the back seat of his truck lol so you had a waaay cuter way of getting engaged :)
  • Congrats!!!
  • Congrats!!! Told ya marriage isn't something guys joke about! ;)
  • Yay!! Congrats!
  • Awww congratulations (*)
  • Congratulations! !!!!
  • so did he mention when u will get ur ring???