should we buy now or later

edited June 2011 in Baby showers
Im having three baby showers and I really want to go shopping for the baby and buy things that we need but my baby daddy doesn't want to buy anything right now he wants to wait until we have all the showers and buy things based on what they give us because he doesn't want multiples of things

Comments

• lol well since your lucky enough to have 3 showers i would wait because there is a big chance that you can get multiples or just more than what you need of something.... but its up to you im having one shower but i bought 2 packs of diapers a towel 3 washclothes and 3 outfits and 6 socks and some hygiene stuff (bought it when i found out wha tit was). waiting till after the shower now :-D congrats and im jealous you get 3 showers lol
  • I would wait unless you find really good deals that you just can't pass up thats what we did with our first and if we bought stuff that we got at the showers we would take the stuff we bought back
  • I would wait. No point in wasting money now if people are going to give you stuff.
  • Yeah I guesit is more practical to wait but I just love shopping for our son its so much fun and it just makes me so happy but yeah I guess I'll wait
  • I don't know how much time you have left before your showers, but if you have less than 90 days, you could always shop a little and just don't open things and keep your reciepts. That way you can return them if needed. Then you'll already have the money "saved" for the things you won't get at the shower.

Or go add things to your registry, lol!
  • edited June 2011
    I say shop! Lol if you get multiples you can return them! Even if you don't have a receipt you'll get a gift card & you can spend that on the things you didnt get or diapers! It's a win win & I remember the feeling of wanting to go buy a few things before the shower came! Enjoy yourself!
  • Thanks ladies if I do shop for anything I'll make sure to keep my receipts so that I can return things just in case
  • Shop girl! Thats a joy of pregnancy! Plus you have your own personality. You may not like all the things other ppl get you so go buy some things you know you will like. I wouldnt go overboard with it if you are having 3 showers but it shouldnt mean you cant buy anything.
  • Yeah im getting paid on friday so I'll probably head over to the mall they have the cutest little shops
  • Hehe I'm waiting til after my shower to go crazy with baby items & furniture :-) Maybe u could start purchasing the nursery items for now? Do you have a theme picked out yet?
  • I had one shower and got like 3 of everything I swear. And we got everything we needed. So just imagine. We have so much stuff to take back. Lol.